You Predict: Russell

What will be the most likely outcome for Russell Wilson in 2019?

• He will be signed to a multi-year contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • He will be signed to the franchise tag.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • He will be traded.

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because you heard a REPORT or a RUMOR about this. But hey, it's Russ, so it must be true. He clearly isn't about the team now because a someone threw it out there from their "source" :roll:
Every other player who becomes the highest paid at their position somehow avoids getting accused of not caring about winning and/or not being about the team. Guys like Bell and Brown from Pitt, now those are two guys who clearly were about the $ over winning, period. IF this stuff turns out to be true and he's asking for something no player should get, that's a different story. Until then, this is a bunch of crap created by people who are trying to get clicks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dude doesn't say "Go Hawks" after interviews now. He should say...Go Bank Account. G'bye RW it was nice knowin ya.

Chapow

Reaction score
RCATES":22mq9fdm said:
News coming in today is that Wilson has told the team if a long term contract isn't done today then a long term contract is off the table for good even after the season. Basically he's saying pay me long term now before the rest of the league realizes Wilson's just a glorified game manager. Trade him now............He's no longer about the team at this point.

Here's some other "news" from today.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-s...abd9hEYLpF3cnD5qA9ZuIbRZsSV8T2wQiZ8Q6NFdxPV5k

A few other things, counter to the current rumor mill. I do not believe Wilson is pushing for a trade right now, to the Giants, or anywhere. I believe he wants to work out a deal with Seattle. I believe Wilson wants to know where he stands with the Seahawks long-term, which is one of the reasons why he is pushing hard for a deal to be done now. I believe if the Seahawks do not do a deal by midnight tonight, it doesn’t meant they don’t want Wilson to be their quarterback for the next decade—it just means they’re not willing to set a contractual precedent like tying his contract to how fast, and how high, the cap rises over the life of the deal.

Also, Wilson has played 7 full seasons in the NFL as a starting QB.

So what is more likely? That no one in the NFL has realized yet that Russ is just a glorified game manager and he wants to get paid now before his secret get outs, or that Russ isn't just a glorified game manager and is in fact one of the better QB's in the league?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":16gpgnqu said:
So, why is it not ok for him to try to get a big deal, yet it's no big deal when other players do it?

I explained it to you above. It's not about the money, it's about the negotiation tactics.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
I'm laughing at all this BS. Russ is going nowhere for at least 2 years. All this speculation is utter time filler.. Frank Clark I can see being shopped.. Maybe. This Wilson chatter is nonsense imo.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cwg8jg3 said:
Shanegotyou11":1cwg8jg3 said:
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

I think first and foremost Russell has tremendous self confidence, and secondly (or maybe firstly) he thinks of himself as a mold breaker.

Thus hiring a baseball agent. Thus saying things like he wants to be the greatest QB in NFL history, thus saying he wants to own a sports franchise, thus all the other things he says on social media about his new ventures, workout regimens, treatments, etc.

So if you're the kind of person like this, you don't see the forest through the trees with making 37-40M as a detriment to your team's ability to compete. You see it as breaking the mold, you see it as wanting that pressure to win with being paid 20% of your team's cap.

IMO that's Russell's mindset. He thinks he's great enough to be paid AND win SB's, and accomplish all his other life goals along the way (and after his career is over).

It's funny, because if that were true then the Seahawks would have won a SB in the last few years on the back of Wilson. But it turns out they didn't have enough money to fill the holes on the team that held the team back. That money was tied up in big contracts.

If he wants to be the best QB in NFL history, then he needs to win more championships. If he wants to win championships, then demanding the highest contract possible is not the best way to do it. The pot needs to be used to fix holes on the team.

You have to choose between football legacy and bank account to have the best shot possible at winning championships.

Tom Brady figured this out a long time ago.

nwHawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":1jmj4cjl said:
nwHawk":1jmj4cjl said:
Interesting Jason La Canfora trade scenario...

Oakland gets: Wilson, Giants pick at 37, and Giants 2020 1st round pick

Seattle gets: Oakland's picks at 4, 24 and 27

Giants get: Derek Carr

Source: [instagram]https://www.cbssports.co...t-ponder-these-3-team-trades-in-t[/instagram]

I cant see NY giving up two firsts for Derek Carr.

It's not. Would be the equivalent of two 2nds for Carr. They have a boat load of picks this year, and Carr has been a Pro Bowler (before Gruden's purge) so it's not too crazy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1b8msv9f said:
Sgt. Largent":1b8msv9f said:
Shanegotyou11":1b8msv9f said:
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

I think first and foremost Russell has tremendous self confidence, and secondly (or maybe firstly) he thinks of himself as a mold breaker.

Thus hiring a baseball agent. Thus saying things like he wants to be the greatest QB in NFL history, thus saying he wants to own a sports franchise, thus all the other things he says on social media about his new ventures, workout regimens, treatments, etc.

So if you're the kind of person like this, you don't see the forest through the trees with making 37-40M as a detriment to your team's ability to compete. You see it as breaking the mold, you see it as wanting that pressure to win with being paid 20% of your team's cap.

IMO that's Russell's mindset. He thinks he's great enough to be paid AND win SB's, and accomplish all his other life goals along the way (and after his career is over).

It's funny, because if that were true then the Seahawks would have won a SB in the last few years on the back of Wilson. But it turns out they didn't have enough money to fill the holes on the team that held the team back. That money was tied up in big contracts.

If he wants to be the best QB in NFL history, then he needs to win more championships. If he wants to win championships, then demanding the highest contract possible is not the best way to do it. The pot needs to be used to fix holes on the team.

You have to choose between football legacy and bank account to have the best shot possible at winning championships.

Tom Brady figured this out a long time ago.

Hmm..............if I was handing out reasons as to why we haven't won a SB since the first one, #1 wouldn't be be lack of salary cap space. It'd be more along the lines of poor trades, poor drafts and Pete's stubborn loyalty to holding onto coaches, players and coordinators too long.

Not saying it's not hard to win with your QB soaking up almost 20% of the cap. But I imagine it'd also be hard to win without Russell's replacement already on the roster ready to roll. Just trading him without his replacement already here seems like a recipe to sucking for a potentially VERY long time as we go back to being one of the 23-25 teams with a mediocre QB desperately searching for a better one.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2c1s3cl6 said:
So what?...Goodbye RW.....Life will go on with or without YOU.
With that kind of demand?I feel the same..Bye Bye

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, 2 seasons ago, they had one of the worst O Lines we have ever seen. The D hasn't been as good as we were used to for awhile now as well. Win as a team, lose as a team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is just a chance for Russell to make a statement. He wants this contract done and all distractions out of the way. He's probably enjoying seeing the "BeeHive" of activity all over the place concerning him and his contract, but Russell Wilson has goals to win more Super Bowls.

And IMHO, he believes his best chance of doing so lies right here, with this team. A strong running game keeps him from getting beat up like David Carr, and now Deshaun Watson does. A top defense makes his job easier, and prolongs his career because he isn't being forced in to having to score 30 or 40 points every game.

This team makes it hard for defensive ends to line up and come after him. Remember the first 2 games last year when Pete and Brian decided to throw the ball? Stupidest coaching move ALL YEAR!

New OLine coach, some new OLine players, going up against 2 ELITE pass rushing defenses. "Hey! Let's go away from the run, and throw the ball!"

Russell Wilson wants to win SuperB Owls and get in the Hall of Fame. And this team, this management, will get him there.

Largent80

Reaction score
We all love RW, and have been spoiled by him being here but the reality of the NFL and it's business first attitude has made it very tough for fans.

Good lord, how much money is enough for everyone? It seems endless, just keep paying more and more, is there an end Or is spending just out of control?..In the real world wages don't equate to demand. These athletes take our money at every place available. At what point do YOU say, ummmm...OK just walk......?

I'm there....walk, and Im not happy but just go if money is more important than the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":6qh6har2 said:
At what point do YOU say, ummmm...OK just walk......?

When you have his replacement on the roster. You certainly don't let a franchise QB walk, or trade him with Paxton freaking Lynch as your starting QB.

If Russell and his agent have made this an unwinnable war making it clear his demands are too high, then you franchise him for at LEAST two years and spend all available resources and picks trying to find your next franchise QB...............but WHILE he's still here helping you win games.

To just trade Russell now makes no sense without his replacement already here.

James in PA

Reaction score
Here’s my prediction: Russ and the Hawks will get something hammered out. I can’t wait for Russ’ first press conference after all this is over. Sure, he’ll give generic, robotic answers. But, I bet he’ll have that big smile on his face and when questioned about the ultimatum, whether it was true or not, he’ll say something like, “No, we just said if a deal couldn’t get done by this date, we’d concentrate on football and revisit it next year. We never said we are done for good with the Seahawks (laughs).” I can also see when asked about Seattle Vs New York, even if they mention his wife, he’ll say “WE love Seattle. This is where WE always wanted to be. When pressed more about New York, he’ll say, “it’s a great town. But like I said, we’re happy in Seattle.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
So he wants a sliding scale contract to sync with the salary cap. I think Wilson is a very very good QB but if they can get a reasonable trade deal i'd take it and find another QB. He's not Tom Brady he has his moments but 3rd down is an issue that he continues to struggle with.

Chawker

Reaction score
This waiting is absolutely driving me up a wall! If they make a good offer and russ doesn't sign it, I afraid that the 12th man will turn into the 13th egg chuckers. :141847_bnono: