You Predict: Russell

What will be the most likely outcome for Russell Wilson in 2019?

• He will be signed to a multi-year contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • He will be signed to the franchise tag.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • He will be traded.

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2vz8i4of said:
He's here at least 2 more years I'm just not going to worry about it.

Yep. Agreed 100%.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Aros":qzn3aa1b said:
Hawkstorian":qzn3aa1b said:

Yep. Agreed 100%.

I expect an announcement that he's resigned no later than next Monday call it a gut feeling. If not then i'll be looking at a possible trade before the draft I find that unlikely however. Unless Wilson really does want to play in NY then it becomes a real possibility but NY would have to give up 2 first round picks and likely a second round pick as well and even Stephen A Smith thinks Wilson is worth it. I expect him to be resigned by Monday .

massari

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":33o331jt said:
If they can't get a deal done, the Seahawks might feel trading him now/at the draft would bring in more assets than waiting a year or two when he's franchised.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today I want to be a part of it
New York, New York
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray Right through the very heart of it
New York, New York...

Hope am wrong though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
ivotuk":c2w9d03v said:
This is just a chance for Russell to make a statement. He wants this contract done and all distractions out of the way. He's probably enjoying seeing the "BeeHive" of activity all over the place concerning him and his contract, but Russell Wilson has goals to win more Super Bowls.

And IMHO, he believes his best chance of doing so lies right here, with this team. A strong running game keeps him from getting beat up like David Carr, and now Deshaun Watson does. A top defense makes his job easier, and prolongs his career because he isn't being forced in to having to score 30 or 40 points every game.

This team makes it hard for defensive ends to line up and come after him. Remember the first 2 games last year when Pete and Brian decided to throw the ball? Stupidest coaching move ALL YEAR!

New OLine coach, some new OLine players, going up against 2 ELITE pass rushing defenses. "Hey! Let's go away from the run, and throw the ball!"

Russell Wilson wants to win SuperB Owls and get in the Hall of Fame. And this team, this management, will get him there.

He got sacked a league leading number of times last year lol the running game isn't doing crap to keep him from getting hit.

randomation

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1l23q2ff said:
So he wants a sliding scale contract to sync with the salary cap. I think Wilson is a very very good QB but if they can get a reasonable trade deal i'd take it and find another QB. He's not Tom Brady he has his moments but 3rd down is an issue that he continues to struggle with.

He had 35 TDs while throwing the least in the league lol. Man people are going to be in for a wake up if he actually gets traded. He is elite end of story no other qb in the league could do what he does while being handcuffed by Pete's system

randomation

Reaction score
HawkFan72":134zejhj said:
Sgt. Largent":134zejhj said:
Shanegotyou11":134zejhj said:
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

I think first and foremost Russell has tremendous self confidence, and secondly (or maybe firstly) he thinks of himself as a mold breaker.

Thus hiring a baseball agent. Thus saying things like he wants to be the greatest QB in NFL history, thus saying he wants to own a sports franchise, thus all the other things he says on social media about his new ventures, workout regimens, treatments, etc.

So if you're the kind of person like this, you don't see the forest through the trees with making 37-40M as a detriment to your team's ability to compete. You see it as breaking the mold, you see it as wanting that pressure to win with being paid 20% of your team's cap.

IMO that's Russell's mindset. He thinks he's great enough to be paid AND win SB's, and accomplish all his other life goals along the way (and after his career is over).

It's funny, because if that were true then the Seahawks would have won a SB in the last few years on the back of Wilson. But it turns out they didn't have enough money to fill the holes on the team that held the team back. That money was tied up in big contracts.

If he wants to be the best QB in NFL history, then he needs to win more championships. If he wants to win championships, then demanding the highest contract possible is not the best way to do it. The pot needs to be used to fix holes on the team.

You have to choose between football legacy and bank account to have the best shot possible at winning championships.

Tom Brady figured this out a long time ago.

The Seahawks don't have BB they have a coach who insists on running an offense from the 40s and relies on Russ to bail him out when that fails. Not a formula for success in the post season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1f7szp91 said:
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

Except he wasn't holding out. He was at the first day of OTAs before a deal was signed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
randomation":1we3qvgm said:
ivotuk":1we3qvgm said:
This is just a chance for Russell to make a statement. He wants this contract done and all distractions out of the way. He's probably enjoying seeing the "BeeHive" of activity all over the place concerning him and his contract, but Russell Wilson has goals to win more Super Bowls.

And IMHO, he believes his best chance of doing so lies right here, with this team. A strong running game keeps him from getting beat up like David Carr, and now Deshaun Watson does. A top defense makes his job easier, and prolongs his career because he isn't being forced in to having to score 30 or 40 points every game.

This team makes it hard for defensive ends to line up and come after him. Remember the first 2 games last year when Pete and Brian decided to throw the ball? Stupidest coaching move ALL YEAR!

New OLine coach, some new OLine players, going up against 2 ELITE pass rushing defenses. "Hey! Let's go away from the run, and throw the ball!"

Russell Wilson wants to win SuperB Owls and get in the Hall of Fame. And this team, this management, will get him there.

He got sacked a league leading number of times last year lol the running game isn't doing crap to keep him from getting hit.

Our remedial passing attack with limited route options is more the problem. The run is keeping the pass rushers at bay but the passing routes are so lame that a lot of times everything is covered.

If we had someone who could coordinate a frightening passing attack on top of our smash mouth run game, we'd be pretty awesome.

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, guess we'll have to find something else to fight about. :twisted:

ivotuk

Reaction score
randomation":4sideesh said:
ivotuk":4sideesh said:

That stat means nothing. If you read my post, you will see that I talked about the stupidity of throwing the ball in the first 2 games of the season vs the Broncos and the Bears!

VS Broncos, we threw it 33 times, and rushed RBs 14! We gave up SIX SACKS in that game!

VS Bears, we threw it 36 times and rushed RBs 19! 10 of those were by a Rookie! So we gave up ANOTHER SIX SACKS!

That is 12 sacks in the first 2 games of the season! Subtract those from 51 and we get 39 sacks for the remaining 14 games.

What people tend to ignore, is that we scored the THIRD HIGHEST POINTS in Seahawks History.

So if you want to argue stats, make it a complete argument.

James in PA

Reaction score
James in PA":1opsxkn4 said:
Here’s my prediction: Russ and the Hawks will get something hammered out. I can’t wait for Russ’ first press conference after all this is over. Sure, he’ll give generic, robotic answers. But, I bet he’ll have that big smile on his face and when questioned about the ultimatum, whether it was true or not, he’ll say something like, “No, we just said if a deal couldn’t get done by this date, we’d concentrate on football and revisit it next year. We never said we are done for good with the Seahawks (laughs).” I can also see when asked about Seattle Vs New York, even if they mention his wife, he’ll say “WE love Seattle. This is where WE always wanted to be. When pressed more about New York, he’ll say, “it’s a great town. But like I said, we’re happy in Seattle.”

BUMP. Can’t wait for his presser. He’s going to say/do everything I predicted above. Heck, his agent already confirmed some of it!
;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk