How would you attack the Seahawks defense?

pehawk

Reaction score
If I was an opposing OC I'd line up in jumbo sets and right between the guards, all day long. 1st and 2nd downs would most likely be 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but, its the way to attack them. Even if I had numerous 3 and outs, that would be the gameplan I'd stick to as much as possible. Preferably these runs would be designs getting KJ in space and/or solely responsible for a cutback lane/gap.

It sounds odd to say it about a defensive team, but, to beat the Seahawks the key is keeping Russ and Lynch off the field.

StoneCold

Reaction score
pehawk":1b4wjjx2 said:
If I was an opposing OC I'd line up in jumbo sets and right between the guards, all day long. 1st and 2nd downs would most likely be 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but, its the way to attack them. Even if I had numerous 3 and outs, that would be the gameplan I'd stick to as much as possible. Preferably these runs would be designs getting KJ in space and/or solely responsible for a cutback lane/gap.

It sounds odd to say it about a defensive team, but, to beat the Seahawks the key is keeping Russ and Lynch off the field.

Sorry, but I don't think that would take Pete long to diagnose and adjust. You can't do the same thing over and over on this team. They're too smart. Except in the case of the Charger game where the dink and dunk seemed to work all day. But we seem to have fixed that with a healthy Kam roaming the middle of the field. For all of our vaunted LOB I think we are susceptible to crossing routes. But then I'm not football smart.

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I feel like our thinnest spot is DT. Anything that wears them out might work.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Hawks are scary thin right now at interior D. Right now all we have is Williams, Dobbs and McDaniels......and is McDaniels even ready to go?

It helps that Rodgers is gimpy so we can drop Bennett inside if we need to, but we don't want to, we'd rather have him edge rushing.

So if I'm Green Bay I attack that interior like crazy. The Panthers had success doing that in the 2nd quarter last week, and I suspect GB's going to do the same. Pound it inside and force Seattle to commit extra players to stop it........thus opening up the passing game a little with play action.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I would have my defense do everything it could to shorten the field.

Also, depending on the ref crew, I would just have my linemen hold at every possible moment.

ptisme

Reaction score
I'd start by rotating WR's all game long over to Sherman's side and run deep every single time until he gets tired:)

ManBunts

Reaction score
For some reason the quote from A Knight's Tale popped into my head, where one guys asks another how to beat Ledger's character:
"How would you beat him?"
"With a stick. While he slept. But on a horse, with a lance? That man is unbeatable"

No horses or lances, but that's the gist of it. We beat what was statistically the most productive offense in the history of the NFL last year. Resoundingly. Not to be arrogant but our players are too damn versatile. Our safeties hit like trucks and move like snakes . Our linebackers hit like even bigger trucks and move like DBs. And our lineman are too damn quick and strong, and push through lines like water through a sieve.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One thing they did well vs us for cheap yards in the first game that we will see again is run 12 yard stops vs our press corner on the left side. Jordy would just get to the sticks, shove the DB, and catch the ball. Rinse, repeat. Made me remember the "rules of emphasis" at the beginning of the year. I am guessing our guys will be a little more aggressive now that the playoffs are here.

No Mebane, No Hill, No Marsh, there are a few D-line players missing now. If they don't go after that with regularity they are crazy.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Stick with the run due to the hawks depth is tested on the line. If i recall GB runs the most from the left, and runs well through the middle. No? Carolina ran well last week, and would test that early. Get in 3rd and manageable, and short slant and curl routes. Eat the clock and own time of possession, and bank on Rodgers and Nelson eating at the manageable downs. If Maxwell is out Simon is getting work.
Keep it simple right.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":iwc4d92b said:
pehawk":iwc4d92b said:

Sorry, but I don't think that would take Pete long to diagnose and adjust. You can't do the same thing over and over on this team. They're too smart. Except in the case of the Charger game where the dink and dunk seemed to work all day. But we seem to have fixed that with a healthy Kam roaming the middle of the field. For all of our vaunted LOB I think we are susceptible to crossing routes. But then I'm not football smart.

SC

Of course, but I'm speaking in very broad terms here.

The Cardinals beat the Hawks last year by committing to their running game, even though it stunk. At least IMO that's why.

Tip of the cap to Quint for the Sherm idea.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
That's like trying to stop a ICBM with a catchers mitt.

Surrender!!

Tical21

Reaction score
I'd take shots. Try to bait Sherman into jumping a route and hit him with a double move, as he very rarely has any kind of help. I know he is a fade killer, but I'd take a well timed shot or two to a fast receiver. I'd work those comebacks and outs that our cover-3 gives you, hit a couple couple short ones on Simon/Maxwell and then try to hit them over the top as well, making sure I try to occupy Earl when I do it. I'd also spread us out and try to run up the middle that way. I think if we know it is a run formation, it can be pretty hard to run on us. We are singled up outside with pretty tall corners with long legs. I'd try to get them to take a step in the wrong direction and hit them over the top.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Throw a hail mary on every first and second down, and hope to get some DPIs called. Then if that doesn't work, hard count to try and draw players off sides on 3rd and 4th down.

THEN if that doesn't work, put in Flynn to try and confuse our defense. :th2thumbs: