Collins - CMike - Prosise | RB preseason compilation

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Collins has better tape than I remember. C-mike gets 0 to 60 really quick, and doesn't lose speed on his cuts. I think our RB situation is going to be just fine. If Prosise pops we are set.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Definitely not seeing the AC hype. That dancing behind the line will prove fatal once he meets NFL starters who know how to contain and tackle. Needs to read and go. That's our system.

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ge7jwuw7 said:
Definitely not seeing the AC hype. That dancing behind the line will prove fatal once he meets NFL starters who know how to contain and tackle. Needs to read and go. That's our system.

To be fair to him, he has the acceleration. Not at the same level as Rawls and CMike, but it's definitely there. And he's incredibly good at shifting directions while maintaining his speed, we just didn't get to see much of it this preseason. He has GREAT footwork.

You're probably right in saying that he needs to be a bit more decisive in hitting the hole, but that will come once he gets some more experience within the system. Most rookie backs come into the NFL a little bit hesitant. As a 4th string RB behind guys like Rawls and CMike and Prosise (all fairly decisive one-cut types of backs) he should have plenty of time to learn the ways of Cable's one-cut zone blocking philosophy.

Seafan

Reaction score
Deepest RB group in team history. If Spencer Ware can be as successful as he is then AC will have a solid career as well.

CM is going to be paid next year. Having AC and Prosise will definitely keep the RB group strong. Exciting group.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Thanks for putting these together. Michael is an elite level athlete and it shows. He is going to have a good year. AC had a much better preseason than this board gives him credit for. Certain people were negative towards him form the start and I think it affected the prism in how he was viewed.
He showed the most strength, shake, and ability to shed tacklers. Once he has some time here I think he ends up being an excellent pick.

kearly

Reaction score
RussJames":2kc63jry said:
MontanaHawk05":2kc63jry said:

To be fair to him, he has the acceleration. Not at the same level as Rawls and CMike, but it's definitely there.

Collins has a very good 3rd and 4th step. Michael and Rawls have an elite first step. That's why Collins looked utterly inept on every play he ran other than the ones where he was taking his 3rd step at the hand off.

I guess Seattle could get something out of Collins, but they need to construct the run game around his strengths. That means lots of single set back formations with under center snaps and Collins starting deep in the backfield. If Seattle can do that, while avoiding Collins on short yardage, he could bring a limited degree of value to our running game.

Seafan":2kc63jry said:
Deepest RB group in team history. If Spencer Ware can be as successful as he is then AC will have a solid career as well.

CM is going to be paid next year. Having AC and Prosise will definitely keep the RB group strong. Exciting group.

Cmike is probably the best #2 RB in the NFL right now, or at least he's in the conversation along with former Seahawk Spencer Ware. For as long as we have Cmike, I won't be concerned about our RB depth.

Collins looks limited to put it kindly. Procise has some good balance and can squirm for an extra yard, but otherwise looks like a guy that just started playing RB not that long ago. I'm not all that excited about our RB depth after Michael. In the case of Procise, I am willing to give him a mulligan and hope he can be the struggle early, bloom late player that Golden Tate was.

I'm just going off the eyeball test, but statistically it wasn't a great showing either. Procise finished under 4 yards per carry, and Collins finished at exactly 4 yards per carry, thanks to about 5 big runs he had on 18 attempts. Collins' success rate for the preseason was around 35%. It was pretty bad.

I guess I am being hasty though since both had such small sample sizes. That said, I definitely haven't seen anything that makes me feel any semblance of hype for those two. I'm hoping one of them can be like Thomas Rawls last year and look better in real games than they did in the preseason.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls I though showed something when he first got into pre season, was high on him being a NFL player much like I have been concerning Pope. Procise looks like a in line player at RB which is understandable, he will do well on draws and one read runs, but he is a WR being asked to play at RB. I expect a lot of shifts to the slot or wide out going to 3 and 4 receiver sets mixing up a defense personal wise.

C Mike has shown me he wants to play, although calling him the best 2nd string back in the league may be a reach at this point, Forte may be that guy.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
kearly":o1c3i5yb said:
Collins has a very good 3rd and 4th step. Michael and Rawls have an elite first step. That's why Collins looked utterly inept on every play he ran other than the ones where he was taking his 3rd step at the hand off.

So that would project AC as bad in read option. Not sure if there's tape on this yet but it would make sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
jdemps":35tzynpy said:
kearly":35tzynpy said:

So that would project AC as bad in read option. Not sure if there's tape on this yet but it would make sense.

What offense do we run here in Seattle? Oh the Read Option..........................

ACFan

Reaction score
kearly":3hxrrs5d said:
That's why Collins looked utterly inept on every play he ran other than the ones where he was taking his 3rd step at the hand off.

statements like this reveal your anti AC bias kearly, he never looked "utterly inept" in any facet of the game, his YAC on the last 3 balls thrown to him certainly wasn't.

kearly":3hxrrs5d said:
, and Collins finished at exactly 4 yards per carry, thanks to about 5 big runs he had on 18 attempts.

and again, bias, I could spin this to say he got 5 good running opportunities and produced each time. I could spin this to look at the number of times he was being evaluated as a "power back" and run into a clogged line in a no win situation. moreso than anyone else.

and likely doing it on a sore ankle, after having been beat up in camp, while everyone else was fresh.

he still showed flashes of power, elusivness, and quickness.

AC will be alight, they didn't make a mistake in drafting and keeping him. He'll get in games this year and show his worth at some point, I have no doubt about it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The biggest mistakes teams make again and again is taking a HOF player and then bringing in someone that "reminds" them of this player. I

Guys like Lynch or Largent or Walt are a rare breed. You cannot just take someone with a similar (or seemingly similar) body type and expect them to get you "almost as good". Marsh is "almost" sacking QBs, that does not mean anything in the results column.

On AC, I am pretty good judge of RB talent. Not great, but good enough to usually be able to spot greatness.

I remember watching Curtis Martin as a college player and just being blown away. I still think Clements from Wisconsin is going to be better than Gordon as an NFL player. But you can see where my biases lie, I like quickness and balance. Then power and speed. Size is way down there, right near "looks like Ron Dayne".

So plodding, non-quick RBs are not guys I usually see a lot of potential in. I am trying to hope that the reason AC look slow is that he is still injured.

Nothing I see says he is going to be great, but I am hoping to be wrong.

However, hoping someone ends up being just like your last HOF guy is a fool's errand.

Again, I would love to be wrong, have AC Fan be right and be looking at "The Next Great Seattle RB".

But my eyes just are not telling me that is the case yet.

McGruff

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3l5wogba said:
The biggest mistakes teams make again and again is taking a HOF player and then bringing in someone that "reminds" them of this player. I

Guys like Lynch or Largent or Walt are a rare breed. You cannot just take someone with a similar (or seemingly similar) body type and expect them to get you "almost as good". Marsh is "almost" sacking QBs, that does not mean anything in the results column.

On AC, I am pretty good judge of RB talent. Not great, but good enough to usually be able to spot greatness.

I remember watching Curtis Martin as a college player and just being blown away. I still think Clements from Wisconsin is going to be better than Gordon as an NFL player. But you can see where my biases lie, I like quickness and balance. Then power and speed. Size is way down there, right near "looks like Ron Dayne".

So plodding, non-quick RBs are not guys I usually see a lot of potential in. I am trying to hope that the reason AC look slow is that he is still injured.

However, hoping someone ends up being just like your last HOF guy is a fool's errand.

Again, I would love to be wrong, have AC Fan be right and be looking at "The Next Great Seattle RB".

I agree that Collins ceiling is pretty low due to his lack of speed and shiftiness. You've got to bigger to get away with it . . . Like Jerome Bettis.

But a guy like Collins has a niche if he can get his base down as a power back. And he can have a 5 to 6 year career doing that and is still good value as a 5th round pick.

But I don't see him ever being a tier one starter in the NFL. And I'm okay with that.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't see any scenario where Collins EVER sees the field this year if not for position health, but I'll try to look on the brighter side going forward. Pope wasn't going to play either. At the very least, some kid is getting to play out his dream.

King Dog

Reaction score
I think we're going to be very lucky if Collins ever turns into a Spencer Ware. Both are slow, but Ware has great vision.

ACFan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":297zagjd said:

TH,you have not been completely wrong in your analysis of AC's attributes and tendencies, but I do believe your final conclusion will ultimately prove to be quite wrong, I believe there is a very good chance we are indeed looking at "The Next Great Seattle RB".

McGruff":297zagjd said:
I agree that Collins ceiling is pretty low due to his lack of speed and shiftiness.

AC has good quickness and average speed for a RB, but incredible shiftiness, not sure how you miss that one.

King Dog":297zagjd said:
I think we're going to be very lucky if Collins ever turns into a Spencer Ware. Both are slow, but Ware has great vision.

a 4.5 40 is about the average for a starting NFL RB. that's not slow.

I've read a lot of comparisons and critiques on AC the last few weeks, some interesting ideas and a lot of things that are just flat out wrong.

Needs a lower "center of gravity", needs to "widen his base", needs to take up martial arts, looks like this guy, looks like that guy, he isn't quick, isn't fast, etc, etc.

Well, I didn't take RB 101 in college, so I'm not going to argue with any of it, but I'll predict this, AC won't be changing his running style, and he will be very successful for a lot of years.

CPC struck gold again in finding RB talent, and his name is Alex Collins, you'll see.

Emmitt Smith is the best comparison I see, he was a "slow" 4.5 guy as well (ahem)probably didn't have a great vertical jump at the combine either, very similar college pedigree to AC.

tough, quick, dodgy while moving forward, durable, great pass protector, good catching passes out of the backfield.

The one catch AC had earlier this preseason, where he made 3 guys miss in a span of 10 yards, looked a whole lot like ES, dodgy while moving forward.

CPC struck gold again in finding RB talent, why do you all doubt him? bad track record?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pretty cool thanks! It looks like we lack a home run hitter but all these guys have enough ability to keep the offense on schedule and move the sticks.

Latest posts