RB Room just got destroyed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jen Mueller? Doesn't she report on the Mariners? They've both already missed at least two practices, so that casts some doubt on the statement "no missed time". Do you have a link?
Um, she reports on more than just Baseball. Come on man.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Just listened to Shane Waldons press conference yesterday and did I hear him correctly that the RB injuries aren't as bad as perhaps previously reported?

Whenever s*** hits the fan (and it does) in my life or even with the Hawks, I've been trying to give it 3 days to not overly panic. It's worked better in my life for the past several years.

Hearing the Hawks had major injury problems already in the RB room sort of pissed me off (we're snakebitten there, right?)

Hopefully this is better news than what's been flying around. If so, just another example of premature panic. Yes, I was/am concerned or would be disappointed to not watch those guys this year. So, understandable to a certain degree.

Injuries suck.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Pre season games are where NFL teams assemble their roster depth...making final 53 man roster decisions...and perhaps a few elevated starters (involved in competition) who really flash in the games. The playbook will be a vanilla version on Offense and Defense with the expected starters getting some snaps to iron out communication issues. It's probably the only chance to see if some of that Geno "magic" hasn't rubbed off on Drew Lock who once again plays a limited role as Backup QB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Clams went an entire preseason w/out playing several starters. They won the Superb Owl that year. Guys being dinged up on August 2nd is a non-factor.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have been cursed with RB injuries like forever going back to Joe Steele, not career ending but seemingly it raises its head just about the time we think things are figured out. The latest run Prosise, Penny, and if I remember correctly Carson initially all were dinged in camp or ended up injured.

So in reaction we go extreme in the what do we do now.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
We have been cursed with RB injuries like forever going back to Joe Steele, not career ending but seemingly it raises its head just about the time we think things are figured out. The latest run Prosise, Penny, and if I remember correctly Carson initially all were dinged in camp or ended up injured.

So in reaction we go extreme in the what do we do now.
The career average for running backs in the NFL is 2.6 years. Nothing special good or bad about any perceived luck the Seahawks may or may not have at that position or any other. It’s rare for RBs or most players for that matter to have much longevity. Good health and longevity plays a major role in those that end up as top players at their positions and end up HOF guys. NFL…Not For Long!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Um, no need to "Come on, man" me. It was an honest question. I am not acquainted with the lady and all that she does. I've seen her reporting on Mariners stuff, but not Seahawks, thus the question.
Can't be condescending and then whine when you are then met with the same tone, that's called crazy.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Um, no need to "Come on, man" me. It was an honest question. I am not acquainted with the lady and all that she does. I've seen her reporting on Mariners stuff, but not Seahawks, thus the question.

I mean, it's pretty safe to assume your negative views on women, considering your point of view of women in sports.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not how it came off at all. But ok.