Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

Absolutely
22
9%
Absolutely not
189
74%
I'd think about it
44
17%
 
Total votes : 255

Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:47 am
  • RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.


    Just saying......


    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game. Kirk cousins is no scrub either, let him play with a good defense like the seahawks he could hold the QB spot down pretty well. He can also see over linemen.

    Nothing against Wilson hes awesome and im a big fan, im just saying there are options out there to trade him without much dropoff. And a chance to improve other areas. The NFL is a business after all.


    Do you want Cousins or Wilson, cause they're going to cost about the same.

    I don't think anyone in their right mind, fan, coach or front office person would choose Cousins over Wilson at this point in both their careers.........especially for the Hawks with the style of offense Pete likes to run.

    You need a QB that can run around and make plays when needed, especially in the 4th quarter.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:55 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.


    Just saying......


    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game. Kirk cousins is no scrub either, let him play with a good defense like the seahawks he could hold the QB spot down pretty well. He can also see over linemen.

    Nothing against Wilson hes awesome and im a big fan, im just saying there are options out there to trade him without much dropoff. And a chance to improve other areas. The NFL is a business after all.


    Do you want Cousins or Wilson, cause they're going to cost about the same.

    I don't think anyone in their right mind, fan, coach or front office person would choose Cousins over Wilson at this point in both their careers.........especially for the Hawks with the style of offense Pete likes to run.

    You need a QB that can run around and make plays when needed, especially in the 4th quarter.

    Its not that i would want cousins over wilson. But if you can get cousins, saqoun barkley, AND the browns other draft pick. I wouldnt even mind. Thats a good deal.

    If it was just cousins , then hell no.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am
  • RussB wrote:Its not that i would want cousins over wilson. But if you can get cousins, saqoun barkley, AND the browns other draft pick. I wouldnt even mind. Thats a good deal.

    If it was just cousins , then hell no.


    Two top 5 picks for Russell including the #1? That's pretty damn optimistic.

    I still wouldn't do it, not if Cousins is our QB. Still have holes all over the defense, terrible O-line, no TE's and a weak WR corp.

    I'd rather try and reload with a QB like Russell who can win us a couple games, rather than try and rebuild with a game manager like Cousins.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 pm
  • Ohhh the irony. Russell never would have guessed the final answer to his question "why not us"? would be...."Because you make too much". :3-1:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 pm
  • RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.


    Just saying......


    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15893
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.


    Just saying......


    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.


    Imagine being down by 6 with 2 minutes to go and having to rely on Kirk Cousins :shock:
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Imagine being down by 6 with 2 minutes to go and having to rely on Kirk Cousins :shock:


    Too soon.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.


    Imagine being down by 6 with 2 minutes to go and having to rely on Kirk Cousins :shock:


    Speaking of down by 6. Wilson hit 6 HR's in batting practice today. :irishdrinkers:
    Better raise that contract to $45M per year.

    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22587997/russell-wilson-joins-heavy-hitters-first-batting-practice-new-york-yankees
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:30 pm
  • So was it a Jugs machine that was throwing straight fast balls and not Major league Junk? He hasn't hit since last spring training in Texas.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24713
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:31 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.


    Just saying......


    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.



    For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 pm
  • Only Bortles just signed for 3 years $54M or 18 per year...not $22M
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 pm
  • With bonuses it can go up to 66mil
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:33 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RussB wrote:Its not that i would want cousins over wilson. But if you can get cousins, saqoun barkley, AND the browns other draft pick. I wouldnt even mind. Thats a good deal.

    If it was just cousins , then hell no.


    Two top 5 picks for Russell including the #1? That's pretty damn optimistic.

    I still wouldn't do it, not if Cousins is our QB. Still have holes all over the defense, terrible O-line, no TE's and a weak WR corp.

    I'd rather try and reload with a QB like Russell who can win us a couple games, rather than try and rebuild with a game manager like Cousins.

    Bingo!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23630
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 pm
  • I really think were at the crossroads with Wilson, we give him the chance to be great and let him play in a offense where he is allowed to have command of the game or we waste his special quality and make him play it safe. If we do the later then trade him, we can have a number of QB's come in and play it safe, we won't win in the last second probably but that would just show what's been holding things back then, it would be Pete.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24713
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:41 am
  • As the person on this board that was first to identify Russ as a potential star, then have the team actually draft him it pains me to say if the right deal came along trade him.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3391
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s

    They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.



    For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!


    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 am
  • Yeah, because he hasn't proven over and over again just how damn good he is :roll:
    How original, yet another comment about his height.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:43 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.



    For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!


    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    Lame post. :roll:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:13 am

Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:21 am
  • hawkman wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.



    For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!


    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.



    You have #3 extremely undervalued. There is no way that there are 14 QBs better than Wilson. I haven't seen a list since his 2nd year that has him any lower than 8. The Seahawks easily have a top 5 QB. Its all about production. Forget that he doesn't play the position to your preconceived notion of how a QB should look and operate.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 am
  • Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am
  • ESPN recently came out with a QB confidence index. Essentially rating all 32 teams QB situations. Seahawks?...#4. So yeah, top 5 easily.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 am
  • The blatant refusal to give the guy credit, just based on how much someone doesn't like the guy, is pretty weak. My friends who are fans of other teams ALWAYS acknowledge how damn good Russ is. Yet, actually Hawks "fans" just have decided "nope, he sucks"
    :?
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:39 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 am
  • It's comical you think Russ can't play well in the pocket. Keep telling yourself that. We get it, you don't like the guy. Clearly that is getting in the way of the facts. And Hass was a good QB, but he's not close to Russ.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, because he hasn't proven over and over again just how damn good he is :roll:
    How original, yet another comment about his height.


    Ya another comment about his height. His height is still a huge problem for him like it always has been.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:43 am
  • Whatever you say there Tiger.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:46 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It's comical you think Russ can't play well in the pocket. Keep telling yourself that. We get it, you don't like the guy. Clearly that is getting in the way of the facts.



    Russell has good stats from the pocket............but he still has problems with getting the ball out on time, going through his progressions and hitting the correct receiver. Especially in first halves of games.

    Obviously there are other factors to this criticism.

    - terrible O-line
    - small receivers who have a hard time getting separation early
    - teams knowing how to defense Russell and this offense (press cover crowd box)

    But if we're looking at Russell's pocket passing in a vacuum?, he does have a hard time after the play is called throwing to the called play target receiver............which is why the majority of his throws are broken plays, sideline routes and roll outs to space.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 am
  • Wilson CAN play well from the pocket.

    But he doesn't always.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15893
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:04 pm
  • Fair enough.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.



    Gotta wonder if Hasselbeck himself would agree with that. Twice the QB? Nah. Twice as tall? Almost.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1732
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm
  • You don't trade a franchise QB. In case anyone has noticed the teams who have done the best in this league have good QBs. Just sayin'
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1393
    Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 pm
  • Hass is better than Russ? :34853_doh:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.


    Love Matt and what he brought. That said, this type of comparison is ridiculous. He cannot hold a candle to Wilson, quit blinding yourself with your bias and go compare the numbers and accomplishments. When was the last time Wilson threw 17 picks to gain 3,000 yards in 1 season??? Posts like these reveal all that needs to be known about certain posters here.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:08 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Hass is better than Russ? :34853_doh:


    Nope...TWICE the QB...... :shock: :roll: :snack:

    I'll bet Wilson had twice the oline to work with also!!! :D :roll: :D
    Last edited by Seymour on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm
  • Hass was a very smart QB and had one of the best OC/ HC at the time, they had an offense that was set up to dictate what they wanted to do and that was run and the short passing game. The route trees were not predictable and Hass went to multiple guys all the time. Oh did I forget one of the best lines in NFL history?

    Wilson was given a lousy line, a OC that ran high school route trees that the defense knew who was going to get the ball on before the ball was snapped, we have had little to no O Line and a Coach that has taken away 45 percent of the field from him to avoid turnovers. His success came from a once in a generation Back that refused to go down and made yards after contact making him a threat and giving Wilson the use of his wheels as a runner and being able to play sandlot ball outside the pocket.

    Give Wilson what Hass had or close and then we can judge, Hass would not have survived here in Wilsons situation.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24713
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:19 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.


    Yikes.

    I think you have some revisionist history nostalgia with Hasselbeck, he was barely a top 15 QB even in his prime. His stats prove that out, nowhere close to Russell's stats.............WITH a better O-line, receiver group and coordinator.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ssMa00.htm

    If Russell plays 5-10 more years, he's in the HOF.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm
  • I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
    Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:42 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    RussB wrote:They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.


    You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

    Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

    Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.



    For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!


    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    You lost all credibility with some of your petty remarks about Russell Wilson, along with your previous ridiculous comment that Bevell's decision in the Super Bowl was a "good call."

    I'm sorry to tell you, but Russell Wilson is going to be the Seahawks QB for his entire career. He will probably win more Super Bowls for this franchise and will likely end his career as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

    * Super Bowl Champion
    * NFL record most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
    * One of only four active QBs with two Conference Championships
    * 2nd highest passer rating in NFL history, career (minimum 1,500 attempts)
    * 2nd highest playoff winning percentage in the playoffs among active QBs (minimum eight starts)
    * 3rd most 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs in NFL history, career
    * NFL record most 4th quarter TD passes in a season (19)
    * Only QB in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five-consecutive games
    * Only QB with a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five-consecutive games
    * Only QB in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing TDs and 500+ rushing yards in a season
    * Most passing TDs (34) and total TDs (37) in the 2017 NFL season
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:48 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
    Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.


    Me too, one of the smartest QB's in the league, with tremendous toughness and heart.

    But he can't even sniff Russell's jock when it comes to the tangibles, or stats, or SB's, or Pro Bowls, or anything else other than height.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:51 pm
  • And I suspect Matt would tell you that himself. It's not even in the same ballpark.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.


    Hasselbecks last year here.
    12 TDs 17 Int's 3001 yards.

    Wilsons last year here.
    34 TD's 11 INt's 3983 yards
    and lead the team in rushing by over 300 yards.

    Looks like Wilson in 3 times the QB in TD's alone based on that stat line.

    Show me even 1 stat line that supports your opinion, let alone stating he is twice the QB. :34853_doh:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5289
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

    According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
    Image
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
    Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.


    The best line in history could not pass protect with Wilson at QB. I really wish more people understood how bad qb can make a line. There is a reason more teams don’t let’s tbeir qb’s go rouge and play sandlot football.
    Last edited by hawkman on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

    According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
    Image


    Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:12 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
    Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.


    The best line in history could not pass protect with Wilson at QB. I really wish more people understood how bad a can make a line work. There is a reason more teams don’t let’s tbeir qb’s go rouge and play sandlot football.


    There's some truth to this, but there's also some truth to Russell conditioning himself to hold the ball longer and run out of the pocket BECAUSE of being gun shy by having such a terrible line for all these years.

    Maybe with a great line he'd be more comfortable staying in the pocket because he knows his line won't get destroyed in half a second after the ball's snapped.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13321
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.


    That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.


    Hasselbecks last year here.
    12 TDs 17 Int's 3001 yards.

    Wilsons last year here.
    34 TD's 11 INt's 3983 yards
    and lead the team in rushing by over 300 yards.

    Looks like Wilson in 3 times the QB in TD's alone based on that stat line.

    Show me even 1 stat line that supports your opinion, let alone stating he is twice the QB. :34853_doh:


    Let’s see what Wilson’s stats look like when is at the age Matt was his last year here. He won’t even be in the game anymore, he doesn’t have the tools or football iq once his physical traits start to go.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

    According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
    Image


    Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.


    That's just more nonsense by you. Like when you said Russell Wilson's impressive QB rating should be ignored because he doesn't throw the ball away. When in fact, Wilson throws the ball away more than any other QB in the league, except one.

    Here are actual facts. Wilson eludes far more pressures than the number that are converted into sacks. He throws the ball away a lot. He has the 2nd fewest passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. And Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field.

    Do some research. Stop posting nonsense.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:20 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.


    Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

    According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
    Image


    Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.


    That's just more nonsense by you. Like when you said Russell Wilson's impressive QB rating should be ignored because he doesn't throw the ball away. When in fact, Wilson throws the ball away more than any other QB in the league, except one.

    Here are actual facts. Wilson eludes far more pressures than the number that are converted into sacks. He throws the ball away a lot. He has the 2nd fewest passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. And Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field.

    Do some research. Stop posting nonsense.


    Your more than welcome to your opinion.
    hawkman
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 113
    Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am


Re: Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 pm
  • hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    hawkman wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

    According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
    Image


    Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.


    That's just more nonsense by you. Like when you said Russell Wilson's impressive QB rating should be ignored because he doesn't throw the ball away. When in fact, Wilson throws the ball away more than any other QB in the league, except one.

    Here are actual facts. Wilson eludes far more pressures than the number that are converted into sacks. He throws the ball away a lot. He has the 2nd fewest passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. And Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field.

    Do some research. Stop posting nonsense.


    Your more than welcome to your opinion.


    It's "you're." And you are not entitled to your own facts. Like I said, do some research before you spout off with nonsense that you can't back up.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2245
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online