If you could choose any one Seahawk...

Giblien

Reaction score
Any player in the past who didn't pan out or live up to expectations, that you wish did live up or eclipse those expectations, who would it be and why?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know this doesn't really qualify based on that specific criteria but I really, really wish Lofa Tatupu could have had a much longer career than he did with us. He was such a bright shining star that flashed out way too soon.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Koren Robinson. He was a knucklehead, but I always rooted for that guy. All the natural ability in the world. Could have been one of the best of all time if he had the proper head or work ethic.

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
Aros":2gryjyg6 said:
I know this doesn't really qualify based on that specific criteria but I really, really wish Lofa Tatupu could have had a much longer career than he did with us. He was such a bright shining star that flashed out way too soon.

Amen. Thinking of Lofa is actually what got me thinking about this post. He was such a beast and flamed out so fast. Really sad.

JonRud

Reaction score
Koren Robinson for me too. Tubba is another good one.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Deon Butler gets my vote. Dude trashed his leg while getting the touchdown against the Niners in 2010. He returned, but never quite got back to where he had been prior to that. Pure what could have been story.

grizbob

Reaction score
Rick Mire, got to see him a lot his senior year a Notre Dame, and then we drafted him. His rookie year was awesome and then the rest is well documented :oops:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Giblien":3q0v7aye said:
Amen. Thinking of Lofa is actually what got me thinking about this post. He was such a beast and flamed out so fast. Really sad.

I will always picture Lofa using the Eagles field goal post as a punching bag on that snow-covered MNF blowout.

Tatupu-2005-Seahawks-vs.-Eagles.gif

CANHawk

Reaction score
Well... as far as expectations go... I don't think there were ever any higher expectations in the history of the team than Aaron Curry. If THAT guy lived up to the hype we were hearing when he got drafted... lawdhamercy he would have been the second coming. A churchy Lawrence Taylor. :179417:

Instead... we got whatever the hell his 3 years here were. :pukeface:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Robinson is a good pick, he had an uncanny ability to catch the hard ones and miss the easy ones. Lofa man he could still be here if his knees didn't give up. Boz could have been interesting.

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
Jordan Kent would be another one for me. Dude had the measurables...

nsport

Reaction score
Boz came to mind - not sure if it was because of the other raising the flag thread or not. But this guy was Hollywood, WWE, and pure dominance all wrapped up into a single player. I gotta think him and his agent hid that shoulder injury from the team and it just got worse. If that guy could have lasted, he would have changed the history of our team for certain!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marcus Tubbs and Aaron Curry. Needs to be a 1st or 2nd rd draft or a high profile draft pick in my eyes. 3rd rd our higher who sticks around and contributes exceeds expectations.

Lofa panned out fine. 3 time pro-bowler and one time all-pro is a pretty good career.