Division Rivals

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":1i4t7nf3 said:
Maulbert":1i4t7nf3 said:
adeltaY":1i4t7nf3 said:
The Rams look incredible.

The Rams are class. But they haven't really been tested yet this year. Hell, they haven't even left California yet. Let's see what happens Thursday before we anoint them.

Kick off is less than 4 days away.

Rams today lost Peters, Talib, Easley and JoJo.

There is now no Kick Returner and we have a sub-par fill in for our pro-bowl kicker. Best two DBs out.

I still think Rams beat Vikes in a tough battle.

The Rams will probably still be favored, especially after the egg Minnesota laid yesterday, and I'm inclined to think they'll win. I just don't like declaring the division race over less than a quarter of the way through the season, it has nothing to do with talent estimations. Plus, I am just sick and tired of the Negative Nancys that have overflowed on this message board.

RedAlice

Reaction score
What???

I was talking about the Week 4 game.

I didn’t say anything about “declaring” anything.

ETA though: is this the thread from pre-season about the best QB in the division being not even discussable as Wilson wins it hands down with no doubt? I do believe I said, let’s play the games.

We are playing them.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RedAlice":hj4r2la0 said:
What???

I wasn't complaining about your post, I was just explaining my comment on refusing to anoint the Rams just yet. The Negative Nancys are the idiots around here who think the Hawks should fire Carroll, cut Wilson, and tank for Justin Herbert or whoever the talking heads are fawning over at the moment.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dz2uf9b said:
RedAlice":1dz2uf9b said:
What???

I wasn't complaining about your post, I was just explaining my comment on refusing to anoint the Rams just yet. The Negative Nancys are the idiots around here who think the Hawks should fire Carroll, cut Wilson, and tank for Justin Herbert or whoever the talking heads are fawning over at the moment.

You forgot trade Earl for what you can get and package him with Ifedi. :p

94Smith

Reaction score
Adversity brings out the worst of the fan base

Popeyejones

Reaction score
94Smith":3qb8yyqs said:

Oh man no.

Success brings out the worst of a fan base.

It's only the fans of successful teams that prattle on about league wide conspiracies to hold their team down every time they lose, that constantly complain about imagined slights and disrespect, and that act haughty to other fans because they are fans of teams that happen to be good at the moment. Success also brings out all the bandwagon fans that shout loudly about things they entirely don't understand.

Nothing brings out the worst in fans (and the worst fans) like success.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":dou0hzci said:
94Smith":dou0hzci said:

Oh man no.

It's only the fans of successful teams that prattle on about league wide conspiracies to hold their team down every time they lose, that constantly complain about imagined slights and disrespect, and that act haughty to other fans because they are fans of teams that happen to be good at the moment. Success also brings out all the bandwagon fans that shout loudly about things they entirely don't understand.

There's also no limit on how far back that success can be...see the countless D-bag 49ers fans we've had over the years well after their glory years were gone and before Harbaugh. ;)

Every single attempt at saying anything other than great things about the 49ers being met with "FIVE RINGZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!111".....Ugh.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2k3aeckt said:
Popeyejones":2k3aeckt said:
94Smith":2k3aeckt said:

Oh man no.

There's also no limit on how far back that success can be...see the countless D-bag 49ers fans we've had over the years well after their glory years were gone and before Harbaugh. ;)

Every single attempt at saying anything other than great things about the 49ers being met with "FIVE RINGZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!111".....Ugh.
I know, man... Every. Single. Post.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Maulbert":3nbf07rd said:
RedAlice":3nbf07rd said:
What???

Man I wasnt trying to be negative I was calling it how I see it. Not anointing them, but they look like the best team in the NFC so far, no?

94Smith

Reaction score
Vikings are going to have a sour taste in their mouth. Should be a good game!

adeltaY

Reaction score
94Smith":1g0f1sw9 said:
Vikings are going to have a sour taste in their mouth. Should be a good game!

They were a historically good third down defense last year... could be a good matchup if the Vikes get their heads outta their rears.

Maulbert

Reaction score
adeltaY":26gsvf3f said:
Maulbert":26gsvf3f said:
RedAlice":26gsvf3f said:
What???

Man I wasnt trying to be negative I was calling it how I see it. Not anointing them, but they look like the best team in the NFC so far, no?

Sorry, the only part directed towards you was my unwillingness to crown the Rams. The Negative Nancys was especially targeted at the foaming-mouth hoard in the main forum.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

Maulbert

Reaction score
adeltaY":14yid5xw said:
Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maulbert":2pmstnz3 said:
adeltaY":2pmstnz3 said:

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

:179417:

Oh wait, you want proof v real talent, so Vikes prolly no longer qualify.

Who does?