Division Rivals

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29gu2roe said:
RedAlice":29gu2roe said:
I think discussion is good.

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

- If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
- Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
- Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

What is the definition of BEST QB in the NFCW?

Shall we check stats from W1? Or W2?

We have 15 games to go. Let’s define it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2b0o8pc1 said:
The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.
By points allowed, right? I had to correct Marvin on yards allowed being a ridiculous (and another R-word that I can't say) metric to measure defensive quality by previously. ;)

Top 37.5% of the league is a little on the generous side for a prediction, but that would definitely be a solid defense.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3at2gq9l said:
5_Golden_Rings":3at2gq9l said:
The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.
By points allowed, right? I had to correct Marvin on yards allowed being a ridiculous (and another R-word that I can't say) metric to measure defensive quality by previously. ;)

Top 37.5% of the league is a little on the generous side for a prediction, but that would definitely be a solid defense.

I actually prefer yards allowed if we're talking about how a defense will perform in the future.

Rams/Raiders game is a good example: while we "free-styled" on defense as Talib said, that had nothing to do with the extremely poor tackling at times throughout the game - if not for an underthrown pass that was picked off in the endzone, that could have been a TD. So the Rams went from allowing 20 points to 13, just because of one pass - there are a dozen QBs who would NOT have underthrown that ball, and as such, the Rams having a top 5 defense by points per game does not accurately reflect how poorly the defense played at times throughout the game.

Basically I think that points are sort of random at times - but yards are consistent.

Another example of this is people that keep saying the Rams had the "number one offense" last season - we scored the most points as a TEAM, but offensively A LOT of those points were set up by (or scored by) defense/special teams - I would not say that the Rams had the best offense in the NFL last year. We struggled too much against elite defenses.

adeltaY

Reaction score
There's always defensive DVOA, which is better than both. Drive success rate against, yards per drive, points per drive, are also better.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
adeltaY":18256qu5 said:
There's always defensive DVOA, which is better than both. Drive success rate against, yards per drive, points per drive, are also better.

True, but last season I felt like they were too favorable toward the Rams. We finished 6th but at one point were first.

There were games where that made sense last season - but there were some games where our defense got smoked.

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3i9eblzs said:
It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

But Jimmy G made too many inaccurate throws and too many stupid decisions. Overall, an 8 point loss against the Vikings is good, IMHO. Because the Vikings are going to win 13 games again.

So Vikings are absolutely the BEST defense in the league?

You can’t use that excuse again, you know.

And um, you might just want to later.,..

adeltaY

Reaction score
RedAlice":2vtj8oof said:
5_Golden_Rings":2vtj8oof said:
It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

But Jimmy G made too many inaccurate throws and too many stupid decisions. Overall, an 8 point loss against the Vikings is good, IMHO. Because the Vikings are going to win 13 games again.

I thought the best defense in the league is whoever plays the bills that week?

RedAlice

Reaction score
adeltaY":1og7vk1d said:
RedAlice":1og7vk1d said:
5_Golden_Rings":1og7vk1d said:

I thought the best defense in the league is whoever plays the bills that week?

Haha. Bosa is out. So let’s see this week...

I was just making fun of Niner fans and their excuses.

RedAlice

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":161xwwhv said:
adeltaY":161xwwhv said:
And a she

Well that part we’re not so sure about... allegedly

Um......

Well. You can see me on the ledge of the LA Coliseum as my Avi...

Here

Ramsfansunited.com

I’ll be posting pics from the game tomorrow on that site. Feel free to check out my male anatomy.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
RedAlice":1qklj64h said:
therealjohncarlson":1qklj64h said:
adeltaY":1qklj64h said:
And a she

Well that part we’re not so sure about... allegedly

Um......

Well. You can see me on the ledge of the LA Coliseum as my Avi...

Here

Ramsfansunited.com

I’ll be posting pics from the game tomorrow on that site. Feel free to check out my male anatomy.

It was a joke lol. Sorry if it didn’t really translate over writing too well

RedAlice

Reaction score
Don’t worry. I talk football better than my lovely gender.

I’m constantly challenged about being a guy on the internets pretending to be a girl.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28u1uncs said:
LMAO!

The denialzone is already making excuses for JimmyGQ’s pick six. Saying the receiver fell down was the reason for the pick when the corner clearly jumped the route in front of him.
The deinalzone? The receiver himself said he ran the wrong route, which left a db in a passing lane he wasn't supposed to be in, and when you found out this was something he actually said, YOU claimed he was lying to protect the image of the QB!

lolololol who is the one in denial? :mrgreen:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RedAlice":mcwlulmv said:
I think we need this for a laugh.

Before Rams either A. Decimate the Cards. Or B. Bradford has the game of his life v the team that destroyed his career as a rookie behind a non existent O line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y

Let’s Ram it!

There should be a drinking game where everyone drinks every time that video is posted... and it should be posted all the time because it's epic.

"I come from the end, looking for the sack, I don't stop coming till I put em on their back."

It took a lot to resist using u's instead of o's there.

Anyway, hopefully the Rams will come to their senses and either go back to the classic yellow and blue look or go back to the navy and gold of the GSOT years.

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3r086d6w said:
RedAlice":3r086d6w said:
I think we need this for a laugh.

Before Rams either A. Decimate the Cards. Or B. Bradford has the game of his life v the team that destroyed his career as a rookie behind a non existent O line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y

Let’s Ram it!

There should be a drinking game where everyone drinks every time that video is posted... and it should be posted all the time because it's epic.

"I come from the end, looking for the sack, I don't stop coming till I put em on their back."

It took a lot to resist using u's instead of o's there.

Anyway, hopefully the Rams will come to their senses and either go back to the classic yellow and blue look or go back to the navy and gold of the GSOT years.

Omg. I am so done with discussing uniform colors. Just win. That said, when I get to the LA Coliseum in the morning I will be given a yellow tank top.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JrO46CJd9ns

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2h4ky9mr said:
Sports Hernia":2h4ky9mr said:
LMAO!

The denialzone is already making excuses for JimmyGQ’s pick six. Saying the receiver fell down was the reason for the pick when the corner clearly jumped the route in front of him.
The deinalzone? The receiver himself said he ran the wrong route, which left a db in a passing lane he wasn't supposed to be in, and when you found out this was something he actually said, YOU claimed he was lying to protect the image of the QB!

lolololol who is the one in denial? :mrgreen:

I refuse to stop posting at niner webzone. I just can’t stop now since i did while Rams were losing. I’m getting a ton of issues.....but well. I’m me.

I think we have what, Marvin? Who else posts at both. Thanks for the help sir.