Rams poll

After last years Superbowl collapse, will the Rams fans show their faces this year to troll is?

• Yes

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":25p6kk6s said:
chris98251":25p6kk6s said:
RedAlice":25p6kk6s said:
chris98251":25p6kk6s said:
We know something about the O Line Shuffle and yes it will affect them, also Gurley is now on the Gimpy Bus, seems he has Arthritis in that knee from reports and it will be a problem the rest of his career so shared time is a must.

That's two hits and they let the Back up go and he signed with Detroit I think.

The two hits are O line and Gurley?

The O line I believe will be fine.

Gurley will be playing less. Absolutely. But, that already is known.

CJ was picked up last year as Brown was also hurt.

Idk, and obviously I can’t see the future - but just saying Gurley is playing less might not mean as much as you think it does.

——

I answered the posts.

My opinion:

I’ve no clue. I had no clue the amazing season last year.

I feel pretty happy as a fan the adjustments in the Defense. I expect to see a much better D playing then Rams had last year.

This goes opposite all Wades history. He has struggled year 3.

Idk, I feel the offense has learned some.

I’ve given up predicting this team I love. On the ride though. It’s as fun as yours is.

ETA: I think Rams take the division this year and make it three in a row for the first time since the 70s.

You don't replace 3 guys on the line and be fine, at least not out of the gate and certainly not right away. Gurley out of the back field was a bread and butter option for the Rams plus the run game, you have to replace that option and threat with someone that shows he can run plays from there in both pass and run when Gurley isn't on the field, maybe you have that body, much like Kupp getting hurt it may not shut you down but it starts to limit options in the play book and tips the defense more.

Kupp back is huge. If he goes down again, that’s a huge shift.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s a lot of change on the Oline.

So what are you saying here? Rams will struggle and you expect a huge step back from last year?

Just clarifying.

I am expecting a slow start out of the gate and a much more competitive fight between three teams, up one week down a game the next tied another week and with luck and no injuries a big fight to claim the division.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":10klpbkj said:
Well it's nice to know Rams fans are almost back to the Martz years in form and function, everyone that points out a question and concern is shrugged off as not a issue. Ok we can see what happens going forward. We will expect you back on your knees if you don't win a Super Bowl this year however.

That won't happen either except RedAlice whom does take the lumps with the Thumps.

As far as margin of Victory in a division game, it does mean something, we played you close with a whole revamping on offense and defense. You were lucky to get out of Seattle with a win period, Stupid play decision on our part or Carrolls. I am sure your Rams want to face us again soon because it so easy to win.

First of all I signed up here several years ago during the Jeff Fisher era. I have taken my lumps plenty of times.

Secondly, you guys just don't really know the Rams - so issues you're potentially pointing out aren't really issues. I gave my reasoning for why the OL having turnover should be a good thing. Pointing out the obvious media-esque stuff like OL and DL shouldn't cut it here. If you want to take a stab at real reasons why the Rams might not be as good next year, try Goff, McVay being figured out, losing the Super Bowl, run defense not improving - I'll still dispute all of those except Goff, but at least those are more pressing issues. The reality is the Rams are probably the most talented team in the NFL again.

Thirdly, I mean I pointed out why MOV is irrelevant - under Fisher we played you close pretty frequently, didn't mean anything in the long run. I do look forward to playing Seattle because both games were closer than they should have been - we can say the Rams should have lost in Seattle, but if we say that, the Rams should have blown Seattle out in LA - we extended two or three drives with stupid penalties. But I don't think any of that means anything.

It's not that I'm ignoring potential issues - Martz proved in his first year that he wasn't a great head coach. He took the 5th ranked defense and turned them into arguably the worst in NFL history. McVay has been much better than Martz in comparing their first two years even though they have the same number of wins. I am fully confident in McVay.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1tkeqxtd said:
chris98251":1tkeqxtd said:
Well it's nice to know Rams fans are almost back to the Martz years in form and function, everyone that points out a question and concern is shrugged off as not a issue. Ok we can see what happens going forward. We will expect you back on your knees if you don't win a Super Bowl this year however.

That won't happen either except RedAlice whom does take the lumps with the Thumps.

As far as margin of Victory in a division game, it does mean something, we played you close with a whole revamping on offense and defense. You were lucky to get out of Seattle with a win period, Stupid play decision on our part or Carrolls. I am sure your Rams want to face us again soon because it so easy to win.

First of all I signed up here several years ago during the Jeff Fisher era. I have taken my lumps plenty of times.

Secondly, you guys just don't really know the Rams - so issues you're potentially pointing out aren't really issues. I gave my reasoning for why the OL having turnover should be a good thing. Pointing out the obvious media-esque stuff like OL and DL shouldn't cut it here. If you want to take a stab at real reasons why the Rams might not be as good next year, try Goff, McVay being figured out, losing the Super Bowl, run defense not improving - I'll still dispute all of those except Goff, but at least those are more pressing issues. The reality is the Rams are probably the most talented team in the NFL again.

Thirdly, I mean I pointed out why MOV is irrelevant - under Fisher we played you close pretty frequently, didn't mean anything in the long run. I do look forward to playing Seattle because both games were closer than they should have been - we can say the Rams should have lost in Seattle, but if we say that, the Rams should have blown Seattle out in LA - we extended two or three drives with stupid penalties. But I don't think any of that means anything.

It's not that I'm ignoring potential issues - Martz proved in his first year that he wasn't a great head coach. He took the 5th ranked defense and turned them into arguably the worst in NFL history. McVay has been much better than Martz in comparing their first two years even though they have the same number of wins. I am fully confident in McVay.

Point out deficiencies and now we don't know anything about the Rams.........................OK

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":3vbn0usi said:
Ramfan128":3vbn0usi said:
chris98251":3vbn0usi said:

Point out deficiencies and now we don't know anything about the Rams.........................OK

Not that you don't know anything - but just citing that Noteboom/Allen for Saffold/Sullivan is a downgrade is media level analysis. Same for going from Suh to Gaines.

Those are obvious downgrades in terms of talent, but the Rams DL was awful against the run and the Rams OL was the main culprit in losses to the Bears, Eagles and Patriots last year. Turning those units over was a smart thing to do. If Gaines improves the Rams run defense (which is more than possible), then as a whole, the defense will almost automatically be better despite the fact that Gaines is a worse player than Suh overall.

For the OL, Noteboom played some last year and played very, very well. Sullivan was terrible last year, so going from him to Allen isn't a concern. Losing Saffold is - but Noteboom seems ready to step in. And prior to McVay, Saffold wasn't an All-pro caliber linemen.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dear Rams: You beat us in 2 games by a total of 7 points.

Hardly dominate. And you enjoyed those 2 wins helping you to a home field advantage which you could NOT parlay to a SB win.

Hope you enjoyed that, because it ain't happnin this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":yyld8952 said:
Dear Rams: You beat us in 2 games by a total of 7 points.

Hardly dominate. And you enjoyed those 2 wins helping you to a home field advantage which you could NOT parlay to a SB win.

Hope you enjoyed that, because it ain't happnin this year.

This kind of comment doesn’t make sense to me either.

Last season was awesome. So much fun week after week.

Is that a bad thing? Was I not supposed to enjoy the sheer amount of pleasure I had as a Rams fan last season?

Cuz it was fun.

Nothing that happens this year will change that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gfzncky said:
RedAlice":2gfzncky said:
Also.

This off season feels different. Long.
The off-season for me after our loss to the Patriots in the Super Bowl felt miserably long, as well.

I’m so behind on getting back into it!!!

Getting my zillion league reminders to reactivate my FF leagues. Camps started.

Starting to feel it ...

RedAlice

Reaction score
Just made my annual reservation for a hotel suite overlooking the AZ stadium for Rams@Az to enjoy the game with my cousins.

One of my favorite games of the year we had to miss last year as it was Xmas time.

That made me feel excited.

NINEster

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3rywazp7 said:
hoping the superbowl loser curse kicks in big time for the Lambs

Since 1971/1972, SB loser has not won the SB the next year except for the Patriots winning it this year.

So odds are stacked against them holsting the Lombardi trophy this year.

As far as teams merely getting back to the Super Bowl after a loss, it hasn't happened all that much either. The early '90s Bills are the first to come to mind, the 2018 Patriots, '87 Broncos, then the mind draws blanks....

A few close calls in that time frame - "the tip" - but rarely ever done.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The odds are stacked against them hoisting the Lombardi .

My little Rams heart just bursts with that being a negative for the season.

I used to hope a receiver could catch a ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1tzxu2f9 said:
Chukarhawk":1tzxu2f9 said:

Since 1971/1972, SB loser has not won the SB the next year except for the Patriots winning it this year.

As far as teams merely getting back to the Super Bowl after a loss, it hasn't happened all that much either. The early '90s Bills are the first to come to mind, the 2018 Patriots, '87 Broncos, then the mind draws blanks....

There was the Vikings in 70's if I recall and Pete was a coach for
them back then.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Ramfan128":mx15t3ef said:
Largent80":mx15t3ef said:
Also, back on topic, the Rams are going to have some problems this year. New England showed the blueprint for their offense.

That was with Kupp out and Gurley....whatever was going on with him. Those are our two best offensive weapons.

More than anything, that was an AWFUL game by Goff. If the commentary is that the Rams might struggle because Goff might struggle, I agree - but if you re-watch that game, we had open WRs pretty consistently. McVay took the blame like a good coach and leader, but this game was 1000% on Goff.

Goff needs to take the next step - his success has been surrounded by the best or 2nd best collection of offensive talent in the NFL - Woods and Cooks with that OL should have been enough for a top QB to execute - which obviously tells us all that he's not a top QB. But IMO he's good enough to win with and could develop into one.

But I'm not worried about Chicago, Philly or New England having given a blueprint - McVay will adjust. And this defense should be a legit top 10 unit next year.

No doubt Goff was bad in that Superbowl. McVay was outcoached by a Hall of Fame coach more than twice his age. The line played poorly. It was a bad game for the young QB in the biggest game of his career.

But the game before that was the biggest game at the time. He played like a seasoned vet in crunch time. In the toughest environment a kid could play in. They could barely hear themselves think. He made good decisions and quality throws. Outplayed a Hall of Fame QB on the other sideline. Even without the non call you can't say he choked there. If they lost the narrative woulda been how admirably he played and gave his team a chance.

So the question is, which quarterback is he? The one who flopped in the Superbowl? Of the one who played well enough to win in the NFCCG? I imagine its hard to be objective when you're a fan. Rams fans will say he's the guy who played well in a big game. Rival fans will say he's the flop who bombed in the Superbowl.

I wonder if Goff had played a subpar game but just good enough for 14 points and beat the Patriots, what would the narrative be on Tom Brady? He played pretty poorly too for the most part. This after lighting it up the first two playoff games.

Maulbert

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zf96fpf said:
NINEster":1zf96fpf said:
Chukarhawk":1zf96fpf said:

them back then.

Whoa, Pete didn't start coaching in the NFL until 1984, and it was with the Bills. He then joined Bud Grant's final staff in Minnesota in 1985. He wasn't with the Vikings when they made all those Super Bowls. The closest he got was the 1987 NFC Championship game, which the Vikings lost 17-10 to the Doug Williams-led Redskins.

snackdaddy

Reaction score
For those who say the Superbowl loss means the Rams will flop this year, how many of you were said last year they would flop because the 2011 Eagles Dream Team flopped? I saw quite a bit of that on rival forums last summer.

What happened in the past with teams that have nothing to do with this team is not always a harbinger of things to come. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.

On paper the Rams look pretty good. They looked good last year and won 13 games. I remember quite a few people railing on them because they lost to the Falcons the year before. The narrative was they couldn't get past the wild card round. Past history doesn't always dictate the future. Sometimes you learn from it.

Maulbert

Reaction score
snackdaddy":1ihr6ez6 said:
For those who say the Superbowl loss means the Rams will flop this year, how many of you were said last year they would flop because the 2011 Eagles Dream Team flopped? I saw quite a bit of that on rival forums last summer.

What happened in the past with teams that have nothing to do with this team is not always a harbinger of things to come. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.

On paper the Rams look pretty good. They looked good last year and won 13 games. I remember quite a few people railing on them because they lost to the Falcons the year before. The narrative was they couldn't get past the wild card round. Past history doesn't always dictate the future. Sometimes you learn from it.

I think Goff will struggle this year because of Gurley's arthritis. He struggled down the stretch last season when Gurley was hurt.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2rp5yvep said:
IndyHawk":2rp5yvep said:
NINEster":2rp5yvep said:
Chukarhawk":2rp5yvep said:

them back then.

Whoa, Pete didn't start coaching in the NFL until 1984, and it was with the Bills. He then joined Bud Grant's final staff in Minnesota in 1985. He wasn't with the Vikings when they made all those Super Bowls. The closest he got was the 1987 NFC Championship game, which the Vikings lost 17-10 to the Doug Williams-led Redskins.
My error..Your right

RedAlice

Reaction score
snackdaddy":3opuand7 said:

Snack. :179417: :179417:

Happy to see you here.