Bears-Seahawks Trade Talks

Throwdown

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":3i5lc066 said:
Throwdown":3i5lc066 said:
Idk I hope y’all pony it up and get him cuz I’m sick of his ass.

Hope you enjoy QB’s who can’t read two high safeties, and refuses to take check downs.

Lol bruh, as opposed to Mitch Trubisky who can't throw the ball 10 yards and can hardly make his first read?

Wait until you have to go through decades of QB hell and then get back to me. Seahawks should be doing everything in their power to appease Russell.

As soon as he gave the list it should’ve been apparent he wanted out, regardless of what his agent said to try and clean it up. Russ don’t wanna be here anymore, and I’m annoyed by his mere presence on the team. Are we gonna be hurting? Yeah probably, but we already gave his ass everything and it wasn’t enough and he wants out.

OP
OP
GrizzBEARS

GrizzBEARS

Reaction score
So to recap from the last article I posted.

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out
3. Seattle willing to deal

Let's make this happen boyos

Mix

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":1ludfqf3 said:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russell-wilson-rumors-seahawks-will-deal-qb-if-a-team-is-desperate-enough-to-make-a-massive-trade-per-report/

:179422: :179422: :179422:

What a weak headline, seriously.

(Team) says they will trade (star player) if given a massive haul of capital.

Welcome to what every team says about every player in the league.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":1s7p7dy5 said:

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out

Sure, the Bears just need to figure out a deal that sends s decent temporary replacement, and a top 10 draft pick to Seattle. Or Deshaun Watson.

OP
OP
GrizzBEARS

GrizzBEARS

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3rms6ovz said:
GrizzBEARS":3rms6ovz said:

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out

Sure, the Bears just need to figure out a deal that sends s decent temporary replacement, and a top 10 draft pick to Seattle. Or Deshaun Watson.
Seattle currently doesn't have a first rounder for two year. Bears can help you there. 3 firsts + a 3rd and Big dick Nick for a stop gap. Seattle can then turn around and draft Mac Jones or Trey Lance at 20!

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

knownone

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":3j72iedg said:
XxXdragonXxX":3j72iedg said:
GrizzBEARS":3j72iedg said:

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out

Seattle currently doesn't have a first rounder for two year. Bears can help you there. 3 firsts + a 3rd and Big d*ck Nick for a stop gap. Seattle can then turn around and draft Mac Jones or Trey Lance at 20!

This is not happening. lol. Our front office should fire themselves if they accept that trade. They'd be better off keeping Russell and trading him once they have 1st round picks of their own to benefit from a rebuild. Nick Foles is not better than Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, or [Insert your Free Agent QB here]. He has no value in a trade.

Seattle holds all of the leverage in any trade scenario. Russell is under contract for 3 more seasons. The Seahawks have not stated a desire to trade him, and they wouldn't from a leverage standpoint even if they want to trade him. The only way they make a trade is if the Bears are willing to gut their roster to do it. If they meet that price, more power to them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":1mbmdedf said:
Throwdown":1mbmdedf said:
Idk I hope y’all pony it up and get him cuz I’m sick of his ass.

Hope you enjoy QB’s who can’t read two high safeties, and refuses to take check downs.

Lol bruh, as opposed to Mitch Trubisky who can't throw the ball 10 yards and can hardly make his first read?

Wait until you have to go through decades of QB hell and then get back to me. Seahawks should be doing everything in their power to appease Russell.
I hear you man..I'm in South Bend and there is tons of Bears fans
I keep trying to remember besides Cutler who was decent?
I come up with jim mcmahon,Jim Harabaugh and Mike Tomczak
and they were not great ect.
I hope you get RW..Like the avatar btw :lol: :lol: :lol:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":3d4wzbb2 said:
XxXdragonXxX":3d4wzbb2 said:
GrizzBEARS":3d4wzbb2 said:

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out

Seattle currently doesn't have a first rounder for two year. Bears can help you there. 3 firsts + a 3rd and Big dick Nick for a stop gap. Seattle can then turn around and draft Mac Jones or Trey Lance at 20!

No thanks. Trade away our franchise QB for a bunch of late round picks and a journeyman QB? Just good enough to put us in QB purgatory for years.

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vugzawg said:
GrizzBEARS":2vugzawg said:
Edit: I'd also add that Wilson's supposed reasoning for liking Chicago makes no sense. The Bears do not have an emerging young OL - they are $h!t. Nagy is also not a good young offensive mind. He is a fraud.

Russell's list seems to be more about fanbases and media markets to expand his and Ciara's brand, than it is about teams ready to compete for SB's.

That's my guess on Chicago. HUGE media market, and maybe a little nostalgia because he played college ball at Wisconsin, so he likes the midwestern football atmosphere.

As far as the Bears being a viable trade partner? I just don't see it. Makes no sense that John and Pete would even entertain trading a top 5 QB in his prime with three years left on his deal to a team with very little on their roster that's appealing, nor in the top 10 of this or upcoming drafts.

So as much as Bear's fans are probably salivating at the idea of Wilson in a Bear's uniform. From the Hawks side, makes ZERO sense every which way. Cap, draft, players in return. Nothing.

Wilson's list is about going to a team with an offensive coach who centers their scheme around the QB, and will build properly around the QB.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Fade":3tauy5g5 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tauy5g5 said:
GrizzBEARS":3tauy5g5 said:
Edit: I'd also add that Wilson's supposed reasoning for liking Chicago makes no sense. The Bears do not have an emerging young OL - they are $h!t. Nagy is also not a good young offensive mind. He is a fraud.

Russell's list seems to be more about fanbases and media markets to expand his and Ciara's brand, than it is about teams ready to compete for SB's.

That's my guess on Chicago. HUGE media market, and maybe a little nostalgia because he played college ball at Wisconsin, so he likes the midwestern football atmosphere.

As far as the Bears being a viable trade partner? I just don't see it. Makes no sense that John and Pete would even entertain trading a top 5 QB in his prime with three years left on his deal to a team with very little on their roster that's appealing, nor in the top 10 of this or upcoming drafts.

So as much as Bear's fans are probably salivating at the idea of Wilson in a Bear's uniform. From the Hawks side, makes ZERO sense every which way. Cap, draft, players in return. Nothing.

Wilson's list is about going to a team with an offensive coach who centers their scheme around the QB, and will build properly around the QB.

Doesnt that exclude Matt Nagy then?

His fanbase doesn't seem to think he's much of a genius....

TraderGary

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":342ig9lg said:
XxXdragonXxX":342ig9lg said:
GrizzBEARS":342ig9lg said:

1. Bears are desperate
2. Russ wants out

Seattle currently doesn't have a first rounder for two year. Bears can help you there. 3 firsts + a 3rd and Big d*ck Nick for a stop gap. Seattle can then turn around and draft Mac Jones or Trey Lance at 20!

Jesus, that would be a horrible trade for Seattle. Three late first round picks they'd likely turn into 2nd and 3rd rounders and we would end up drafting a bunch of journeymen role players and part timers. And no viable QB replacement option. All for a future HOF QB in his prime. No thanks.

If the Seahawks did that deal, JS and PC should be tarred and feathered and ran out of town.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather trade with the Jets for their 3 firsts plus a DLineman.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather trade with the Jets for their 3 firsts plus a DLineman.

Although there now appears to be momentum towards a Bears trade. 3- 1sts and DE- Kahlil Mack plus ???

Fade

Reaction score
GrizzBEARS":2b6cuft9 said:
Hey everyone,

Long time Bears fan here. Not looking for any trouble, just wanted to get a pulse on the current Russell Wilson trade rumors from Seattle fans. How are ya'll feeling? What are you hearing from Seattle media, etc? Is this thing gong to happen or is it a long shot?

Personally, don't think this happens, but as a Bears fan I'm pessimistic on anything the franchise does. They can't get out of their own way. Ryan Pace/Nagy are desperate right now though. They need to figure out something at the QB position or they will be on their way out after next season.

I have a buddy who is in Chicago media and attends pressers at Halas hall regularly and his current pulse of the situation is Bears keep calling, but Seattle hasn't really responded fwiw. Don't know how accurate that is though. Pace has a tight lock and key on Halas Hall and not very often do things get leaked.

Pete is a control freak, anyone who has ever fallen out of line has been removed, coaches or players. Logically, it makes no sense to trade Wilson, but Pete is the Emperor of the Seahawks. No one can tell him "No." I'm leaning towards the unthinkable happening at this point.

Wilson wants to be with an offensive minded head coach that knows QBs. The one common link between all 4 teams he's llsted. Payton-Gruden-McCarthy-Nagy, all QB guys. The Bears need to get an upgrade at LT and they would be the best offensive line unit Wilson has ever played with, the bar is that low. Even with Leno at LT it still is arguably the best O-Line he would have ever played with.

I've seen Nagy make Trubisky look way better than what he is. Making the playoffs twice with him is an achievement. Just like McVay did for Goff, coaches can only mask bad players for so long. You're selling your team way too short. You're a QB and a LT away from being legit contenders. Wilson makes everyone better around him, he elevates a team. He doesn't need things to be perfect to play well, the Seahawks have taken him for granted for far too long and refused to invest in protecting him for YEARS. Instead choosing to blow massive amounts of cap space on JAGs, and trading a QB's ransom for a box safety. They handcuff him in an antiquated offense out of the 1970's, then ask him to bail out the failure in the 4th quarter when they unleash him to go win the game. Wilson is tired of it. He wants off Pete's carousel of crazy.

vonstout

Reaction score
Here are the trades I would consider:

Jets: Darnold, Becton, #2, #23
Fins: Tua, Howard, Ogba or Gesecki, #3, #18
Bears: Smith, Johnson, Mooney, 3 firsts. Mooney would allow us to shop or package Lockett to move up from #20.

I would much rather deal with an AFC team and I think Russ would agree to a Jets trade if he wants the bright lights. The Jets could sign a lot of big names that are already starting to get cut

John63

Reaction score
vonstout":1qefglc7 said:
Here are the trades I would consider:

Jets: Darnold, Becton, #2, #23
Fins: Tua, Howard, Ogba or Gesecki, #3, #18
Bears: Smith, Johnson, Mooney, 3 firsts. Mooney would allow us to shop or package Lockett to move up from #20.

I would much rather deal with an AFC team and I think Russ would agree to a Jets trade if he wants the bright lights. The Jets could sign a lot of big names that are already starting to get cut

Wilson will not go to the Jets the other 2 maybe, but he will not go to the jets, You need to remember he and Adams are tight and Adams just came from there.

vonstout

Reaction score
They got rid of their coach. The Jets could have a big turnaround this year. Russ talked about going to NY before he signed his extension with us

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":305deqcs said:
GrizzBEARS":305deqcs said:
Hey everyone,

Long time Bears fan here. Not looking for any trouble, just wanted to get a pulse on the current Russell Wilson trade rumors from Seattle fans. How are ya'll feeling? What are you hearing from Seattle media, etc? Is this thing gong to happen or is it a long shot?

Personally, don't think this happens, but as a Bears fan I'm pessimistic on anything the franchise does. They can't get out of their own way. Ryan Pace/Nagy are desperate right now though. They need to figure out something at the QB position or they will be on their way out after next season.

I have a buddy who is in Chicago media and attends pressers at Halas hall regularly and his current pulse of the situation is Bears keep calling, but Seattle hasn't really responded fwiw. Don't know how accurate that is though. Pace has a tight lock and key on Halas Hall and not very often do things get leaked.

Pete is a control freak, anyone who has ever fallen out of line has been removed, coaches or players. Logically, it makes no sense to trade Wilson, but Pete is the Emperor of the Seahawks. No one can tell him "No." I'm leaning towards the unthinkable happening at this point.

Wilson wants to be with an offensive minded head coach that knows QBs. The one common link between all 4 teams he's llsted. Payton-Gruden-McCarthy-Nagy, all QB guys. The Bears need to get an upgrade at LT and they would be the best offensive line unit Wilson has ever played with, the bar is that low. Even with Leno at LT it still is arguably the best O-Line he would have ever played with.

I've seen Nagy make Trubisky look way better than what he is. Making the playoffs twice with him is an achievement. Just like McVay did for Goff, coaches can only mask bad players for so long. You're selling your team way too short. You're a QB and a LT away from being legit contenders. Wilson makes everyone better around him, he elevates a team. He doesn't need things to be perfect to play well, the Seahawks have taken him for granted for far too long and refused to invest in protecting him for YEARS. Instead choosing to blow massive amounts of cap space on JAGs, and trading a QB's ransom for a box safety. They handcuff him in an antiquated offense out of the 1970's, then ask him to bail out the failure in the 4th quarter when they unleash him to go win the game. Wilson is tired of it. He wants off Pete's carousel of crazy.
This ^^^^

I didn't think a Wilson trade would happen this year due to the cap hit, but was pretty sure it would happen next year. But it's becoming pretty clear Wilson wants out of Seattle, and the Seahawks are now openly admitting they are a willing trade partner if the right offer comes along.

So you have two parties who are both willing, and a number of desperate teams in need of a QB, and who are likely willing to overpay for a QB of Wilson's caliber.

For me, that means a trade this year is all but imminent and continues to gain momentum on a daily basis. We have likely seen the last of Russell Wilson in a Seahawks uniform. At this point, I think too many bridges have been burned and there's no going back.

As for the cap hit this year, well that can always be manipulated with some restructures, so it's not as big a deal as others seem to think. It'll still sting for sure, but I think we can work around it to a certain degree. I just hope the Bears aren't the only team they're negotiating with because I'm not crazy about the potential package coming back in return. Who's our QB going to be? And please don't say Nick Foles.

If we want to make a trade with the Bears, I think a third team is going to need to be involved that will either bring us back a QB like Watson or Carr, or someone like the Jets who can provide enough draft capital to draft Wilson's heir apparent.

vonstout

Reaction score
A Watson trade will costa team more than Wilson, so thinking we will end up with him ain’t gonna happen. If Russ really wants out, I think he would accept a trade to the Jets or Miami. I don’t think he’s going to get traded this year unless we get a deal we can’t refuse

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
At this point if you can get 3 first round picks and a relatively young talented player like Roquan Smith do it. Russ is not staying in Seattle so now is the time.

Then trade Wags or Adams for as much as possible and were looking at a short rebuild and a stronger Seahawks team ( if done right). Seattle does not have enough draft picks or cap space to make a Super Bowl run with Russ even if he plays out his contract . Were not likely to be able to keep Carson this year so the Seahawks will be lucky to clinch even a Wildcard Russ or no Russ. I could easily see us finish last in the NFC West this season.