Bears-Seahawks Trade Talks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15j6h3zn said:
Except that was likely not Wilson's goal.

It was to remove Pete's oppressive thumb from the offense, and ideally to get out from underneath Pete altogether.

Wilson wants a chance to have a coach that helps, not hinders him.

He picked a bunch of places he hoped would be more likely.

Going public was absolutely the right move for Wilson, because trying to get changes made in house apparently did not work.

If Wilson tried and was ignored, then went public? The blame is on Pete and not Wilson.

Not sure if it worked, we'll see.

Low cap + the 2nd highest number of players out of contract = not sure how much free agent money we'll have to spend on making Russell happy. We're barely going to have enough cap space to just fill out the roster, let alone make any big FA splashes.

Unless we see some big shocker cuts.

OP
OP
GrizzBEARS

GrizzBEARS

Reaction score
Hawkpower":27488m12 said:
Fade":27488m12 said:
Sgt. Largent":27488m12 said:
GrizzBEARS":27488m12 said:
Edit: I'd also add that Wilson's supposed reasoning for liking Chicago makes no sense. The Bears do not have an emerging young OL - they are $h!t. Nagy is also not a good young offensive mind. He is a fraud.

Russell's list seems to be more about fanbases and media markets to expand his and Ciara's brand, than it is about teams ready to compete for SB's.

That's my guess on Chicago. HUGE media market, and maybe a little nostalgia because he played college ball at Wisconsin, so he likes the midwestern football atmosphere.

As far as the Bears being a viable trade partner? I just don't see it. Makes no sense that John and Pete would even entertain trading a top 5 QB in his prime with three years left on his deal to a team with very little on their roster that's appealing, nor in the top 10 of this or upcoming drafts.

So as much as Bear's fans are probably salivating at the idea of Wilson in a Bear's uniform. From the Hawks side, makes ZERO sense every which way. Cap, draft, players in return. Nothing.

Wilson's list is about going to a team with an offensive coach who centers their scheme around the QB, and will build properly around the QB.

Doesnt that exclude Matt Nagy then?

His fanbase doesn't seem to think he's much of a genius....

Nagy started real hot in 2018 and has consistently regressed. Teams caught on to his schemes and he never adjusted, which good coaches do. Now, it's not all Nagy's fault. The Bears Front office has done a terrible job of assembling offensive playmakers (outside of AR) and consistently ignored the OL. Plus then you have to include Trubisky into the equation as well. He's just not good.

Appreciate all the responses. I am hearing from the Chicago side, that they have been working on assembling a trade package that would be impossible to turn down. I have no idea what that looks like though. I've also heard from people with good sources that there is an offer on the table..all speculation though. Ryan Pace runs a tight ship and not very often does good info get leaked from Halas Hall. The Mack trade came out of nowhere. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":3c888cxr said:
Proportedly 5 firsts and Darnold for Russ.

https://youtu.be/MeTUUN8z8T4

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
You don’t make that trade for Sam Darnold, he’s a JAG at best (Just another guy).
The only way you make that trade is if you have a trade for Watson lined up and flip some of those picks to Houston.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
5 first rounders that we could have picked in the 2nd and 3rd.. great.

BASF

Reaction score
It is so very interesting watching posters who were very happy with the Shane Waldron hire and his interview about how the offense will be updated have made a complete turn and are now braying that Pete needs to go and that he can not change. It is almost as though two different people are posting on their accounts.

As far as the trade goes, the Bears do not have the ammunition to acquire Wilson. They do not have the ammunition to acquire Watson. Wilson will be the Seahawks quarterback next season playing with a different type of offense as we did in 2020. Whether or not the season will end with the same style or not will largely depend on whether or not Wilson is costing the Seahawks victories as he did in 2020. The Wilson supporters here are largely dismissing the fact that more than half of Wilson's interceptions were throws he never should have made. Any head coach will pull back their QB when he is costing them victories.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1osvlu48 said:
toffee":1osvlu48 said:

You don’t make that trade for Sam Darnold, he’s a JAG at best (Just another guy).

Sam Darnold and 5 top picks? Yeah, I'll take that deal. Darnold is only a JAG because he's had poor coaching, inadequate FO leadership and few weapons. Put Patrick Mahones on the Jets the past three years and you'd call him a JAG too. No one knows what Darnold's ceiling is, but he has shown enormous potential. I'd rather have Russ, but all those top picks (maybe) give us a chance to build a good O-line.

If that (unlikely) trade did happen, we would absolutely need to hire a QB whisperer, b/c Darnold needs to be coached up, and needs to get his footwork and mechanics together. Remember, he is only 24 years old, not much more than Russ was when he arrived in 2012. Not trying to draw comparisons, but he has a big upside.

James in PA

Reaction score
The problem with Darnold is this is the last year you get him for cheap. If he does show anything, he’s gonna demand to get paid too. His agent will say “He was the 3rd overall selection in his draft. He’s a blue chip talent and deserves to be paid as one. The Jets were just holding him back.” Then we’re right back to not having enough cap space for other positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
James in PA":2swlld5h said:
The problem with Darnold is this is the last year you get him for cheap. If he does show anything, he’s gonna demand to get paid too. His agent will say “He was the 3rd overall selection in his draft. He’s a blue chip talent and deserves to be paid as one. The Jets were just holding him back.” Then we’re right back to not having enough cap space for other positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good solid point

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2lj7xfrl said:
Sports Hernia":2lj7xfrl said:
toffee":2lj7xfrl said:

Sam Darnold and 5 top picks? Yeah, I'll take that deal. Darnold is only a JAG because he's had poor coaching, inadequate FO leadership and few weapons. Put Patrick Mahones on the Jets the past three years and you'd call him a JAG too. No one knows what Darnold's ceiling is, but he has shown enormous potential. I'd rather have Russ, but all those top picks (maybe) give us a chance to build a good O-line.

If that (unlikely) trade did happen, we would absolutely need to hire a QB whisperer, b/c Darnold needs to be coached up, and needs to get his footwork and mechanics together. Remember, he is only 24 years old, not much more than Russ was when he arrived in 2012. Not trying to draw comparisons, but he has a big upside.
Comparing Darnold to Mahomes is just plain silly.

Looks like you bought into the Darnold hype out of college.

I don’t disagree with the bad coaching part, I just don’t believe Darnold is very good, sorry.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20535bbc said:
Tusc2000":20535bbc said:
Sports Hernia":20535bbc said:
toffee":20535bbc said:

I don’t disagree with the bad coaching part, I just don’t believe Darnold is very good, sorry.

No, you are wrong, I did not compare Darnold to Mahones -- my point was that NO ONE would have succeeded with the Jets over the past couple of years, not with that poor crop of talent and inadequate coaching. So it is impossible to realistically evaluate Darnold's pro performance -- or even his college performance since USC's coaching staff left a lot to be desired.

You're free to think whatever you want about Darnold, but I am hoping he gets a real opportunity to show what he can do with another team this year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I cannot believe people believe Darnold will be anything but hot garbage here.

Darnold plays small under pressure. He shrinks in the moment.

Basically the polar opposite of what you get from Wilson in that regard.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There won't be a trade . I'd be very surprised at this point. It just doesn't make sense for the Seahawks or Wilson for that matter. That's just how i read it right now.

My main concern is who's the starting RB in 2021 because if it's not Carson and we go with Collins and Penny the Offense could be in serious trouble. Collins hasn't done much of anything after he broke his leg . Penny same story torn up knee we don't know . This is a real problem .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1wn3w8op said:
Sports Hernia":1wn3w8op said:
Tusc2000":1wn3w8op said:
Sports Hernia":1wn3w8op said:

No, you are wrong, I did not compare Darnold to Mahones -- my point was that NO ONE would have succeeded with the Jets over the past couple of years, not with that poor crop of talent and inadequate coaching. So it is impossible to realistically evaluate Darnold's pro performance -- or even his college performance since USC's coaching staff left a lot to be desired.

You're free to think whatever you want about Darnold, but I am hoping he gets a real opportunity to show what he can do with another team this year.
I’m not wrong, but like you said, “you are free to think what you want.”

A-Dog

Reaction score
With Mack (and others) getting their contracts re-structuredby the Bears, it would seem this trade is even less likely. Most saw Mack as a requirement for giving up Russ.

Could still happen with guys like Smith, Johnson, and Kmet thrown in instead (along with picks)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's been confirmed that the Bears aggressively pursued him, but Seahawks confirm that he isn't being traded.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1371937841895272451[/tweet]

pinksheets

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":dpsnbbo9 said:
It's been confirmed that the Bears aggressively pursued him, but Seahawks confirm that he isn't being traded.

We're in for another year of the little guy pouting.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":2z5k134i said:
Maelstrom787":2z5k134i said:

Yeah PC does pout alot

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3ftlo0bg said:
pinksheets":3ftlo0bg said:
Maelstrom787":3ftlo0bg said:

Yeah PC does pout alot

Oh yeah, the insanely positive old man who rides razer scooters around the facility pouts all the time.