Dear 49er Fans

SF49r

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":1neqrlc2 said:
SF49r":1neqrlc2 said:
If our backup kicker makes the field goal in overtime we win

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If DK didn't try to force himself into the endzone and focused more on protecting the ball, there would be no OT.

A lot of shoulda-woulda-couldas in that game, but in this league, that stuff happens, and no team gets a W based on what could have been.
Tell that to OP for saying we win if Nick Mullens was our quarterback instead. Despite what happened it came down to a 47 yard field goal in overtime with Jimmy G as the quarterback and it was wide left, very wide left. Jimmy G can't make field goals :roll:

SF49r

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2cbrsp4h said:
SF49r":2cbrsp4h said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This whole backup kicker excuse is comical. Gould has been one of the worst kickers in the NFL this year. Honestly, Mcgloughlin may be an upgrade.
You do have a point, and this rookie did nail a 47 yarder right down the middle to send it to overtime which IMO is a higher pressure situation.

Reaction score
SF49r":21qs8a29 said:
Trrrroy":21qs8a29 said:
SF49r":21qs8a29 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This whole backup kicker excuse is comical. Gould has been one of the worst kickers in the NFL this year. Honestly, Mcgloughlin may be an upgrade.
You do have a point, and this rookie did nail a 47 yarder right down the middle to send it to overtime which IMO is a higher pressure situation.
I thought they did him no favor by not running that last run over left tackle...they stuck the kicker on the right hash when he'd kicked the first two from the left hash and the last one from just left of center.

It really seemed like he was trying extra hard to make it go left and not miss right, so much that he way overcompensated

Washington49er

Reaction score
chris98251":2v6x9d7z said:
Washington49er":2v6x9d7z said:
poly1274":2v6x9d7z said:
If Nick Mullens was you're starter, you guys would had won the game.

Anything is possible, he has proven to be a good QB, but there were passes the hitting receivers on the numbers in stride and dropped.

Kittle and Sander make a huge difference. Take a look at the throws made to both of them. Same QB, same speed of the ball, only difference they catch the ball.

Last night there was more pressure and receivers couldn't get open, which is why Jimmy G QB rating prior to Sanders going out campared to after is hugely different.

Not saying that it insured a win, but having Kittle and Sanders would've made it a entirely different game.

Yeah having Largent and Blades or Galloway would have made a difference also in their prime.

You keep bring up Kittle and Sanders yet ignore and not acknowledge out best run blocker and pass catching TE has been out weeks and we had a PS guy playing in his place, ignore that Lockett was out and injured as well at the most critical time the second half. When we were still behind.

IT WAS YOUR HOUSE WITH A 6.5 LINE ADVANTAGE.

That is suppose to mean something also.

Whatever dude, you want to beat your tiny little hands on your tiny little chest go ahead if it makes you feel better.

Why do you always have make it about the Hawks? You have an inferiority complex? No one said anything about your precious Hawks, as a matter of fact they weren't even mentioned. I merely stated my opinion about the OPs statement. And it to had ZERO to do with Hawks.

I swear some of you must have been pulled off mommies tit too soon, which is why you have such a need for attention.

Washington49er

Reaction score
rlkats":1sw7ly1k said:
Wow. Just wow. I dont care who was the QB. With the pressure you D was putting on the QB, no one would have been successful. You all highly deserved the win. We made waaaay to many mistakes. Good win. Yes we were a 6.5 point favorite. Yes you won. No I'm not surprised. How many more chest pounding comments need to be made about how well your hawks played? We niners fans have congratulated you all multiple times. Christ sake

Their big things "our D is so much better since last week" its not, TB just had more options to throw to, quicker more open routes and guys that can catch.

Don't believe me watch the film.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Washington49er":3vkb7d69 said:
rlkats":3vkb7d69 said:
Wow. Just wow. I dont care who was the QB. With the pressure you D was putting on the QB, no one would have been successful. You all highly deserved the win. We made waaaay to many mistakes. Good win. Yes we were a 6.5 point favorite. Yes you won. No I'm not surprised. How many more chest pounding comments need to be made about how well your hawks played? We niners fans have congratulated you all multiple times. Christ sake

Their big things "our D is so much better since last week" its not, TB just had more options to throw to, quicker more open routes and guys that can catch.

Bucs also had a QB who wasn't shaking in his boots after being hit once or twice. Jimmy G was s c a r e d.

Washington49er

Reaction score
HawkStrong":idv66uzs said:
Washington49er":idv66uzs said:
rlkats":idv66uzs said:

Bucs also had a QB who wasn't shaking in his boots after being hit once or twice. Jimmy G was s c a r e d.

He got hit way more in the Pittsburgh game and still pulled off a clutch win. Don't worry we will all get to see if last night game was a fluke or not in December

Also Staley and Mcglinchy won't be rusty AF by then like they were last night after being out 6 and 4 weeks. Enjoy while you can.

SF49r

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":12ofohep said:
SF49r":12ofohep said:
Trrrroy":12ofohep said:
SF49r":12ofohep said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought they did him no favor by not running that last run over left tackle...they stuck the kicker on the right hash when he'd kicked the first two from the left hash and the last one from just left of center.

It really seemed like he was trying extra hard to make it go left and not miss right, so much that he way overcompensated
That's a good observation, I really wanted Shanahan to run a QB sneak on 4th and inches to at least try to get closer and set the rookie kicker up a lot better. But I don't blame him for putting trust in his kicker, if that sneak had been stuffed it would've been heavily scrutinized.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I just hope SF goes 14-1 and Seattle goes 13-2. Week 17 Sunday night football for the 1 seed would be electric.

Washington49er

Reaction score
JGreen79":25h5ijfv said:
I just hope SF goes 14-1 and Seattle goes 13-2. Week 17 Sunday night football for the 1 seed would be electric.

A distinct possibility, a lot of people talking about both 9ers and Hawks schedules to date but I think this year the Saints and Packers are really the pretenders.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":39nyylwp said:
JGreen79":39nyylwp said:

A distinct possibility, a lot of people talking about both 9ers and Hawks schedules to date but I think this year the Saints and Packers are really the pretenders.

I think the Niners will lose in Baltimore. They're looking scarier than anyone else right now.

rlkats

Reaction score
Maulbert":3abyncjz said:
Washington49er":3abyncjz said:
JGreen79":3abyncjz said:

I think the Niners will lose in Baltimore. They're looking scarier than anyone else right now.

Man that game will be ugly. We have zero answer for accurate and mobile qb's.

xray

Reaction score
Maulbert":17b4ollp said:
Washington49er":17b4ollp said:
JGreen79":17b4ollp said:

Agreed...I'll go one better...the Ravens in the SB is not a stretch .

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Dear Seahawks Fans,

This is a serious question for you, not a rhetorical one:

Over the last three years Jimmy and Mullens have started 24 games for the 49ers. Three of those 24 games have been against the Seahawks.

Here's the question: Of those 24 games how many have you watched fully closely? Another way to put it is I'll spot you three for the games against the Seahawks, but how many more than those three have you also watched fully closely?

I want to make it clear why I'm dismissive of most of your opinions about this. It's NOT because you're Seahawks fans, it's because you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I absolutely promise that the same is true for 49ers fans who only rarely if ever watch 49ers games but have very strong opinions (there's these types of fans of every team). I'm 100% equally dismissive of their opinions too.

That said, if you can say with all sincerity that you're regularly watching 49ers games closely (let's be generous to you on "regularly" and say 80%, so you've watched 19 of those 24 games), by all means, let's have an actual conversation. :2thumbs:

If not though, why would anybody who knows what they're talking about care what you think?

Do you care what 9ers fans who have only watched Wilson play six times in the past three years think about Wilson? Of course you don't. Why would you? It's exactly the same.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2m47qhqr said:
Washington49er":2m47qhqr said:
JGreen79":2m47qhqr said:

Possibly, I think in the playoffs the Patriots will beat the Ravens. After the loss you know BB has got something up his sleeve for them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Washington49er":1i1mq2v0 said:
JGreen79":1i1mq2v0 said:

I don't think either of them are going 14-1 or 13-2.

The Seahawks have a more difficult second half slate and are now 8-1 in one score games which is laughably unsustainable.

The 49ers have an even more difficult second half slate (they're 2-1 in one score games), injuries have really decimated the team, and they've been most dominant on defense (which is highly volatile and likely to regress to the mean).

My guess is someone is going to win the division at 12-4.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3khb3jum said:
Dear Seahawks Fans,

This is a serious question for you, not a rhetorical one:

Over the last three years Jimmy and Mullens have started 24 games for the 49ers. Three of those 24 games have been against the Seahawks.

Here's the question: Of those 24 games how many have you watched fully closely? Another way to put it is I'll spot you three for the games against the Seahawks, but how many more than those three have you also watched fully closely?

I want to make it clear why I'm dismissive of most of your opinions about this. It's NOT because you're Seahawks fans, it's because you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I absolutely promise that the same is true for 49ers fans who only rarely if ever watch 49ers games but have very strong opinions (there's these types of fans of every team). I'm 100% equally dismissive of their opinions too.

That said, if you can say with all sincerity that you're regularly watching 49ers games closely (let's be generous to you on "regularly" and say 80%, so you've watched 19 of those 24 games), by all means, let's have an actual conversation. :2thumbs:

If not though, why would anybody who knows what they're talking about care what you think?

Do you care what 9ers fans who have only watched Wilson play six times in the past three years think about Wilson? Of course you don't. Why would you? It's exactly the same.

Due to local TV schedules plus family being 9er fans, I've probably watched over 80 percent of said 9er games.

You could see them getting better in 2018 even w/the QB situation. They had Buckner, Armstead, a lot of crucial pieces. They had Shan and Saleh. To Saleh's credit, he quit trying to implement an LOB-style defense and switched to Wide-9, better for his personnel's skill set.

I wasn't that surprised to see them jell this year.

Monday's W was nice and of course important. But more important, it offered a blueprint on how we overcome our pass rush problems. Clowney of course, but also Shaquem. He's fast and even if undersized, he clears real estate for other defenders to act.

Slick

Reaction score
Jimmy G will be fine: he just needs a good facesitting and tittay-slapping from Kira Mia.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
rlkats":2emvz5o0 said:
Trrrroy":2emvz5o0 said:
SF49r":2emvz5o0 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Funny part about that kick was, it almost hit someone in the tunnel hahaha.

Now that's some funny shit...

Latest posts