Dear 49er Fans

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":34x53ogy said:
Dear Seahawks Fans,

This is a serious question for you, not a rhetorical one:

Over the last three years Jimmy and Mullens have started 24 games for the 49ers. Three of those 24 games have been against the Seahawks.

Here's the question: Of those 24 games how many have you watched fully closely? Another way to put it is I'll spot you three for the games against the Seahawks, but how many more than those three have you also watched fully closely?

I want to make it clear why I'm dismissive of most of your opinions about this. It's NOT because you're Seahawks fans, it's because you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I absolutely promise that the same is true for 49ers fans who only rarely if ever watch 49ers games but have very strong opinions (there's these types of fans of every team). I'm 100% equally dismissive of their opinions too.

That said, if you can say with all sincerity that you're regularly watching 49ers games closely (let's be generous to you on "regularly" and say 80%, so you've watched 19 of those 24 games), by all means, let's have an actual conversation. :2thumbs:

If not though, why would anybody who knows what they're talking about care what you think?

Do you care what 9ers fans who have only watched Wilson play six times in the past three years think about Wilson? Of course you don't. Why would you? It's exactly the same.

I honestly can't say I've watched closely, obviously, all I can speak to is what I've seen, and what my eyes tell me. GQ probably does have more talent, but Mullens looks fearless, and like a leader. You can't play a game afraid you're going to make the mistake that will cost your team. I just don't see that leadership in Jimmy.

Other fans love to bring up the fact that Wilson threw 4 picks in the NFC title game, but the reason I think so highly of Wilson is that he didn't let any of them get to him. I truly don't know how many QBs have the mental makeup to overcome those mistakes, but I know a few I don't believe in. Newton, Goff, Cousins, Prescott. Do I think Mullens could? I certainly can't make that claim. But right now, if my team was down 19-7 with less than 4 remaining in the game, I'd take Mullens over GQ. In a heartbeat.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2y697umb said:
Dear Seahawks Fans,

Over the last three years Jimmy and Mullens have started 24 games for the 49ers. Three of those 24 games have been against the Seahawks.

Here's the question: Of those 24 games how many have you watched fully closely? Another way to put it is I'll spot you three for the games against the Seahawks, but how many more than those three have you also watched fully closely?

I want to make it clear why I'm dismissive of most of your opinions about this. It's NOT because you're Seahawks fans, it's because you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I absolutely promise that the same is true for 49ers fans who only rarely if ever watch 49ers games but have very strong opinions (there's these types of fans of every team). I'm 100% equally dismissive of their opinions too.

That said, if you can say with all sincerity that you're regularly watching 49ers games closely (let's be generous to you on "regularly" and say 80%, so you've watched 19 of those 24 games), by all means, let's have an actual conversation. :2thumbs:

If not though, why would anybody who knows what they're talking about care what you think?

Do you care what 9ers fans who have only watched Wilson play six times in the past three years think about Wilson? Of course you don't. Why would you? It's exactly the same.

So, without watching all these games, fans here can't come to their own conclusions?

Not through stat analysis? Highlights? Talking heads?

It's a dumb premise to disarm hawks fans and their rightful perceptions of JG... many of whom have been building for some time.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
TBF Monday was the first time I'd seen Jimmy rattled like that. Nothing was going by The Plan.

The Plan was that Staley/McGlinchey could protect him by themselves, because after all they were starters and we allegedly had no pass rush.

The Plan was to have Sanders/Deebo catch most of the balls. Sanders exits, Deebo struggles and now JimmyG is struggling himself as to which butterfingers (Pettis, Bourne, Goodwin) to throw the ball to while Clowney's in his face.

Pretty much nothing went to Plan for the first time in JimmyG's season, which is why I think he lost it.

But KS will/is scheming a new plan. They're going to have both Skule and Brunskill dressed, possibly in rotation, plus the extra TE help they used with those guys. They could hold on to Chase McLaughlin for another week's audition considering that his stats (even with the miss) were higher than Gould's.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in a vet presence at WR if they expect Sanders to be out again. Who knows?> Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree are both available.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1zxewyw4 said:
So, without watching all these games, fans here can't come to their own conclusions?

It's a dumb premise to disarm hawks fans and their rightful perceptions of JG... many of whom have been building for some time.

You might be the first person in history to argue that "listening to talking heads" means coming to your own conclusions :D

You've misunderstood the premise of my post.

People are entirely free to form opinions on players from just listening to talking heads and watching highlight clips.

The question is, from that basis of knowledge, should we be taking confident takes from those people seriously?

I don't think we should for obvious reasons, and it's not different for 9ers fans who don't actually watch Hawks games and their "definitive" and "brilliant" takes on the flaws or Russell Wilson or DK Metcalf or etc.

94Smith

Reaction score
I can't find the stat anywhere, but I'd wager to guess that Garoppolos 3rd and long conversion rate is much higher than Mullens. This is the main reason I prefer him over Mullens, he sustains drives, a very important stat for WINNING, which is the most important stat of all.

Boycie

Reaction score
SF49r":2vjd80lh said:
12AngryHawks":2vjd80lh said:
SF49r":2vjd80lh said:
If our backup kicker makes the field goal in overtime we win

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If DK didn't try to force himself into the endzone and focused more on protecting the ball, there would be no OT.

A lot of shoulda-woulda-couldas in that game, but in this league, that stuff happens, and no team gets a W based on what could have been.
Tell that to OP for saying we win if Nick Mullens was our quarterback instead. Despite what happened it came down to a 47 yard field goal in overtime with Jimmy G as the quarterback and it was wide left, very wide left. Jimmy G can't make field goals :roll:

Are you sure about that? Maybe ask 5 Golden Rings, or Ninester, because according the them, Jimmy G can do it all, and he also ,,craps ice cream.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":1dwr1uml said:
Washington49er":1dwr1uml said:
MrThortan":1dwr1uml said:
Holy hell, this place is turning into 49rs.net

Its the NFL forum

It's also kind of funny considering that there's A LOT fewer 49ers fans running around here than there were 2 days ago. :lol:

And in a thread titled "Dear 49er Fans."

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":a1i8vhb8 said:
Uncle Si":a1i8vhb8 said:

You might be the first person in history to argue that "listening to talking heads" means coming to your own conclusions :D

You've misunderstood the premise of my post.

People are entirely free to form opinions on players from just listening to talking heads and watching highlight clips.

The question is, from that basis of knowledge, should we be taking confident takes from those people seriously?

I don't think we should for obvious reasons, and it's not different for 9ers fans who don't actually watch Hawks games and their "definitive" and "brilliant" takes on the flaws or Russell Wilson or DK Metcalf or etc.

Your point is to suggest that people commenting on an internet forum can't be taken seriously because (unlike many people on TV who spend hours a day studying and can be taken seriously.. not all of course) they haven't studied enough to warrant a strong opinion... in your opinion.

It's a condescending premise.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of wildlife shows but when in the woods can tell the difference between Deer dung and Bear Dung, experience tells me to follow the deer dung when Hunting.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":lhrzcs05 said:
Washington49er":lhrzcs05 said:
MrThortan":lhrzcs05 said:

Its the NFL forum

It's also kind of funny considering that there's A LOT fewer 49ers fans running around here than there were 2 days ago. :lol:

Haven't noticed

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Washington49er":1fjof1q6 said:
Maulbert":1fjof1q6 said:
Washington49er":1fjof1q6 said:
MrThortan":1fjof1q6 said:

Its the NFL forum

Haven't noticed

How could you miss them, they're so salty?

Washington49er

Reaction score
HawkStrong":3j54y4ah said:
Washington49er":3j54y4ah said:
Maulbert":3j54y4ah said:
Washington49er":3j54y4ah said:
Its the NFL forum

Haven't noticed

I see most of the usual guys, haven't seen any of the one hit wonders. Seatoot, etc.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":375472zj said:
HawkStrong":375472zj said:
Washington49er":375472zj said:
Maulbert":375472zj said:

Haven't noticed

I see most of the usual guys, haven't seen any of the one hit wonders. Seatoot, etc.

That was exactly my point. It was worse 2 days ago. The only ones left now are the regulars.

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
Popeyejones":243cw60p said:
Dear Seahawks Fans,

I have watched Mullens play against Seattle 2x last season. But after that, there wasn't a reason to watch the game. The niners weren't that good at all.

I watched the niners more this year after they surprised me by beating the Steeler's. And I watched pretty much all their games, and even bet on them because some of them were easy money. The 49ers were favorite -4 against Browns, the Rams were favored -3 against the niners, and was -5 against the Panthers.

In conclusion the 49ers won 8x because of their Running game. Seattle had 8-9 players in the box just how they played against Kapernick and won. I wouldn't bet on any of the 49er games if Kittle remains out.

OP
OP
P

poly1274

Reaction score
Btw 49er fans what happened to Jerick McKinnon?

I know he tore his ACL in practice but wasnt that 1-2 years ago?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":102017wm said:
poly1274":102017wm said:
Btw 49er fans what happened to Jerick McKinnon?

I know he tore his ACL in practice but wasnt that 1-2 years ago?

He did it again.

He didn't tear it again, but he did have what was termed a "setback". It wasn't healing the way it was supposed to. Not a ton of info if he's had another procedure, etc, but he didn't re-injure it.

As for your comment RE non-Niners regulars, thank god. Its like they blow in here, say a bunch of BS, and then us regulars have to pay for it for months. LOL.