Fire Pete!!! Anyone down?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JustTheTip":349cxzl4 said:
Uncle Si":349cxzl4 said:
JustTheTip":349cxzl4 said:
Could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5 with the way the games have gone.

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

That's not how sports work.

And if he was constantly outcoached or gameplanned then they wouldn't be 5-1.

I disagree. If he wasn't outcoached I would be more comfortable with the 5-1 record and wouldn't be able to say could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5. In hindsight, does beating the Bengals at home by 1 really sound like a well-coached game to you?

How about losing to the Saints 33-27 at home? Yes, I understand they have been winning without Brees, but not putting up 33 points (or anything close to that except against the Bucs) a game.

And you'd be wrong. It's not hard to see all the mistakes that all coaches and players make throughout a game. The browns this week seemed hell bent on losing, for example.

Bengals? Look across the landscape of the Nfl and you're seeing fast starts become poor stretches.

Saints game? You think that was coaching?

Does PC have flaws? I mean of course. But the hyperbole people use to detract from his cosching is a bit much at times

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Uncle Si":im2ews1s said:
JustTheTip":im2ews1s said:
Uncle Si":im2ews1s said:
JustTheTip":im2ews1s said:
Could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5 with the way the games have gone.

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

I disagree. If he wasn't outcoached I would be more comfortable with the 5-1 record and wouldn't be able to say could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5. In hindsight, does beating the Bengals at home by 1 really sound like a well-coached game to you?

How about losing to the Saints 33-27 at home? Yes, I understand they have been winning without Brees, but not putting up 33 points (or anything close to that except against the Bucs) a game.

And you'd be wrong. It's not hard to see all the mistakes that all coaches and players make throughout a game. The browns this week seemed hell bent on losing, for example.

And yet we still only beat them by 4 and it came down to the end.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2dt3xy5r said:
Uncle Si":2dt3xy5r said:
JustTheTip":2dt3xy5r said:
Uncle Si":2dt3xy5r said:

And yet we still only beat them by 4 and it came down to the end.

And yet... they won. Like last week, and 5 of 6 games. This is the Nfl... you don't win 5 of 6 despite your coach

getnasty

Reaction score
Look at the Chiefs the last two weeks, the Rams the last 3 weeks, Dallas the last three weeks, the list can go on and on. There are really talented teams that are losing football games they should be winning, doesn't mean they all have bad coaches it just means it's really hard to win in the NFL. Sure we can fire Pete today after a 5-1 start but once again who are you going to go get? Name one coach that your gonna hire right now that is better then Pete, just one.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
getnasty":100tv4yg said:
Look at the Chiefs the last two weeks, the Rams the last 3 weeks, Dallas the last three weeks, the list can go on and on. There are really talented teams that are losing football games they should be winning, doesn't mean they all have bad coaches it just means it's really hard to win in the NFL. Sure we can fire Pete today after a 5-1 start but once again who are you going to go get? Name one coach that your gonna hire right now that is better then Pete, just one.

For the record, I don't think Pete should be fired mid-season and would prefer he not be fired at all. I would like to see him realize the sideline on gameday isn't where he provides the most benefit to the team anymore and give up that role on his own while continuing to focus on where he does provide the most value to the team.

The only Seahawk coach I would have advocated for firing mid-season was Mora. He wasn't just piss poor at being head coach here, he was toxic to the team. Was very happy with the way Pete cleaned up that mess so fast, could have easily been a culture that lingered for a decade. Pete was definitely the right coach at the right time then.

getnasty

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1g2lgrhm said:
getnasty":1g2lgrhm said:

For the record, I don't think Pete should be fired mid-season and would prefer he not be fired at all. I would like to see him realize the sideline on gameday isn't where he provides the most benefit to the team anymore and give up that role on his own while continuing to focus on where he does provide the most value to the team.

The only Seahawk coach I would have advocated for firing mid-season was Mora. He wasn't just piss poor at being head coach here, he was toxic to the team. Was very happy with the way Pete cleaned up that mess so fast, could have easily been a culture that lingered for a decade. Pete was definitely the right coach at the right time then.

So at the end of the year when Pete steps down who are you bringing in?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":39aupq51 said:
JustTheTip":39aupq51 said:
getnasty":39aupq51 said:

Not even the point... PC has done just fine with this team. 5-1 with that defense? Poor special teams, some slow starts, and yet at games end they're kneeling.

People will say the Hawks have been lucky while ignoring the stuff that's gone against them.

PCs management is a bit unconventional. Certainly frustrating.at times. But it's winning games.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
getnasty":24yc5csf said:
JustTheTip":24yc5csf said:
getnasty":24yc5csf said:

If I had the knowledge and experience to decide that, I would be making a lot more money than I am now doing something I like a lot more than what I do now. But I have never liked the "but who do you think is better" statement. Was hearing that a lot at the end of Holmgren's tenor as well, but if we stuck with him another 2 years, we would easily still be without a Lombardi.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Uncle Si":69ijazqi said:
getnasty":69ijazqi said:
JustTheTip":69ijazqi said:
getnasty":69ijazqi said:

Not even the point... PC has done just fine with this team. 5-1 with that defense? Poor special teams, some slow starts, and yet at games end they're kneeling.

People will say the Hawks have been lucky while ignoring the stuff that's gone against them.

PCs management is a bit unconventional. Certainly frustrating.at times. But it's winning games.

For me the most important thing is the trophy at the end of the year followed by being entertained. It has been 5 years of more frustration than entertainment and no trophies, so the wins aren't adding up to a whole lot (outside of maintaining a winning culture which is important.) There are certainly risks to moving in a different direction, but for me at this point it is past time to try something new. Things with this team feel stagnated more than anything else.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Stagnated? You know how many fan vases wish they had the Seahawks "stagnation?"

Come on man... since PC took over this team has been competing for a playoff spot at worse every year. Only one other team can brag the same in that period.

He's seen a whole recycle of his team once, and is doing it again.

getnasty

Reaction score
JustTheTip":101viezz said:
Uncle Si":101viezz said:
getnasty":101viezz said:
JustTheTip":101viezz said:

For me the most important thing is the trophy at the end of the year followed by being entertained. It has been 5 years of more frustration than entertainment and no trophies, so the wins aren't adding up to a whole lot (outside of maintaining a winning culture which is important.) There are certainly risks to moving in a different direction, but for me at this point it is past time to try something new. Things with this team feel stagnated more than anything else.

If being a playoff team year in and year out with a MVP caliber quarterback and a shot at a title isn't exciting then i don't know what is. As far as winning titles goes it's just not that easy, not sure how to remedy that. For me it's the belief they could win a title, last year was a stretch but even then i could see a way we could this year looks even more promising. Doesn't mean we will but there's definitely a chance that we could.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tbcukji said:

Come on man... since PC took over this team has been competing for a playoff spot at worse every year. Only one other team can brag the same in that period.

Like I said, in the absence of a trophy I would prefer to be entertained. Pete is not willing to change his brand of football (in any relevant way) and that brand for me is not nearly as entertaining as it was with Lynch and the LOB (and rest of that defense.) It felt like something special was going on, it really doesn't feel that way anymore.

Really it is how I felt about Holmgren the last 2 years, he was unwilling to adapt to the talent he had available and instead continued to act like he had all the right pieces available for his system and force players not suited to it to conform.

chris98251

Reaction score
JustTheTip":162g9o5v said:
chris98251":162g9o5v said:
JustTheTip":162g9o5v said:
kf3339":162g9o5v said:
It was a 4 point margin of victory, and we won!

Who didn't see that coming?

It's like some people on this board have "NEVER' seen a PC coached game in their life! Unreal.

More like some of us are really tired of watching PC coached games and their relation to the definition of insanity. Or maybe I am just already insane.

There is a easy fix for that, go watch old games with Mora and Flores.

No thanks, watching them in real-time (for some of Florres I had season tickets) was bad enough. Saying we shouldn't contemplate a coaching now simply because of then is a bit ridiculous though.

No, the BULLSHIT is that Pete doesn't win the way YOU want him to so he should be fired for winning differently, you offer NO legitimate replacement, YOU offer no reason why other then he does not follow the flow chart that other coaches do.

That is RIDICULOUS ! :thgeterdone2:

justafan

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3c9v0guy said:
Uncle Si":3c9v0guy said:
getnasty":3c9v0guy said:
JustTheTip":3c9v0guy said:

If its all about the trophy you are going to be miserable. It take everything falling right even if you are the best team. Chances are pretty good we will never see another for a long time no matter who is coaching. I still think Pete gives our best shot. With Pete you know you can beat any team anywhere.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
chris98251":11wjss3m said:
JustTheTip":11wjss3m said:
chris98251":11wjss3m said:
JustTheTip":11wjss3m said:
More like some of us are really tired of watching PC coached games and their relation to the definition of insanity. Or maybe I am just already insane.

There is a easy fix for that, go watch old games with Mora and Flores.

No thanks, watching them in real-time (for some of Florres I had season tickets) was bad enough. Saying we shouldn't contemplate a coaching now simply because of then is a bit ridiculous though.

No, the BULLSHIT is that Pete doesn't win the way YOU want him to so he should be fired for winning differently, you offer NO legitimate replacement, YOU offer no reason why other then he does not follow the flow chart that other coaches do.

That is RIDICULOUS ! :thgeterdone2:

About as ridiculous as many Seahawks fans thought Pete's hiring was in the first place. And how is MY opinion on how the team should operate any less relevant than YOUR opinion or any other fan's opinion. In the end that is all discussions like this are, opinions being thrown around.

getnasty

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3927c9o8 said:
Uncle Si":3927c9o8 said:

Like I said, in the absence of a trophy I would prefer to be entertained. Pete is not willing to change his brand of football (in any relevant way) and that brand for me is not nearly as entertaining as it was with Lynch and the LOB (and rest of that defense.) It felt like something special was going on, it really doesn't feel that way anymore.

Really it is how I felt about Holmgren the last 2 years, he was unwilling to adapt to the talent he had available and instead continued to act like he had all the right pieces available for his system and force players not suited to it to conform.

Can you at least share how you would like him to adapt to the players he has? I feel like Russell Wilson while maybe not chucking it arould like Mahomes certainly throws the ball a lot more then he used too. Pete still wants to run the ball to set up the pass and help the defesne but it's opened up quite a bit.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
justafan":1m1pn3zd said:
JustTheTip":1m1pn3zd said:
Uncle Si":1m1pn3zd said:
getnasty":1m1pn3zd said:

If its all about the trophy you are going to be miserable. It take everything falling right even if you are the best team. Chances are pretty good we will never see another for a long time no matter who is coaching. I still think Pete gives our best shot. With Pete you know you can beat any team anywhere.

Way to only read the first half of the first sentence. I can see why you are a PC fan, entirely ignoring the value of entire halves of things.

Latest posts