Josh Gordon Official Thread.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2jjy88um said:
I don't necessarily see "he has not satisfied all terms of his conditional reinstatement" as he reoffended. Could be, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions until more details are provided.

I read the same thing into that as well, did he miss a test?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3h2ao0t3 said:
I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

OK, his brother died and maybe that's why he took a toke, or some bars, or whatever he did then.

But now?

Did you just mention his brother dying, and follow that up with a "But now"

Psychology really needs to be a major part of our educational system. In any case, I wish Gordon well. And will continue to wish him well no matter how many times he gets suspended.

Addiction is not black and white, it affects each brain differently and something is clearly off for Josh. I will never bank on Gordon being available for us but I'll always root for him. That one day, one season he's going to pull it all together mentally.

Ironically, he would be a lot better off by being a part of a team, being around a locker room. As opposed to being constantly suspended.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
andyh64000":2n06wqae said:
Grahamhawker":2n06wqae said:
I don't necessarily see "he has not satisfied all terms of his conditional reinstatement" as he reoffended. Could be, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions until more details are provided.

I read the same thing into that as well, did he miss a test?

Yea I simply have a hard time believing that he was cleared, re-activated on the roster. And then hours later, suspended? So did he take a substance right before getting reinstated? I too am waiting for more information. At this point just win the division somehow.

Elemas

Reaction score
I hope this is more administrative and not a relapse.

If the latter, it's a shame. He could've been a HOF receiver.

Fingers crossed but, I wouldn't put money on him coming back.

W

Welshers

Shanegotyou11":bg9jdbap said:
Its over for him it seems. Addiction is not funny.
This. As a recovering addict myself with many years sober my life was an unmanageable mess at his age.he needs to prioritize getting sober first and that's what matters most. It needs to be his focus 100 percent and maybe inpatient rehab as well. The league has given him so many chances and was reluctant to give him this chance, I imagine this is it for him. Not necessarily fair considering they let ab play with many accusations of rape and battery

JPatera76

Reaction score
Me? I honestly call BS on the league. We conveniently haven’t heard anything but great things then the NFL does this coincidentally on the week we basically have an NFC West title match? Come the f on. LOL Couldn’t be more clear they’re trying to steer stuff. And they’re just not coming out about this? Oh please shits NOT adding up on the league side. To many conveniences and coincidences for something like this to favor the league and the beloved Rams Young McVay, and Goff (especially after they lose to the Jets.. gtfo here Goodell you turd.)

nwHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":21jol06z said:
kf3339":21jol06z said:
SantaClaraHawk":21jol06z said:
I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

OK, his brother died and maybe that's why he took a toke, or some bars, or whatever he did then.

But now?

What makes you think this is solely on Gordon and not on the league office itself? They have handled the matter like a dictatorship. Where are the checks and balances on them?

What would be their motive in this?

Well, Rams top running back will miss the game with a high ankle sprain. They do seem to "create" competitive balance. Hmmm

JPatera76

Reaction score
nwHawk":2yysuq3v said:
SantaClaraHawk":2yysuq3v said:
kf3339":2yysuq3v said:
SantaClaraHawk":2yysuq3v said:

But now?

What makes you think this is solely on Gordon and not on the league office itself? They have handled the matter like a dictatorship. Where are the checks and balances on them?

What would be their motive in this?

Well, Rams top running back will miss the game with a high ankle sprain. They do seem to "create" competitive balance. Hmmm
And it’s the the NFCW title on the line

LTH

Reaction score
well... we will find out at Carrolls wednesday PC...

LTH

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

LA is just plain uninspiring. They do not have consistent records, they're usually bad, they moved back only a few years back and it's not like SoCal likes them more for it in general. They are far from a legacy record despite where they are at.

Whereas we have had winning seasons for nine years without a beat. The one time we got beat from playoffs we were still 9-7. We get the most eyeballs on the West Coast as a result.

That's why I'm thinking Josh must have screwed up.

W

Welshers

SantaClaraHawk":4x7hiy72 said:
I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

LA is just plain uninspiring. They do not have consistent records, they're usually bad, they moved back only a few years back and it's not like SoCal likes them more for it in general. They are far from a legacy record despite where they are at.

Whereas we have had winning seasons for nine years without a beat. The one time we got beat from playoffs we were still 9-7. We get the most eyeballs on the West Coast as a result.

That's why I'm thinking Josh must have screwed up.
Agee wih this. And I'm not even mad or disappointed with Josh. Addiction is a brutal disease and I hope he gets healthy

knownone

Reaction score
Well, this is certainly not an ideal situation. It's interesting that he's allowed to attend team meetings, but he can't attend practice or games. I find that ruling a bit odd. Perhaps, this is a minor filing error or something unrelated to his prior suspensions. Otherwise, why allow him to attend the facility at all?

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Field Gulls
@FieldGulls

Update: Gordon is back on the Commissioner's Exempt List. So he's currently not on the active roster.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Welshers, thanks for sharing and providing perspective. I hope Josh didn't reoffend, but it looks like it's possible. Sucks for him, the teams and the fans. Has to be hard for him with Washington's pot laws. I hope he figures it out.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Dorsett ever gonna play here? Holding onto Gordon in hindsight was a complete waste. Too bad with him and Penny coming back the offense would of looked a whole lot more dangerous.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
I was really hoping that Josh Gordon would play against the rams and any playoff games we have..but now..it’s back to the random David Moore behind the line of scrimmage plays..plus the long ball faith we have in him. I was so excited for Josh to takeover..his hands, his size, plus a lot more speed but now..it’s same old same old. I felt like Josh Gordon was going to be that Percy Harvin x-factor but that’s gone now...