Josh Gordon Official Thread.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Not a lot of specific details, but it wouldn't surprise me if pissed hot. Guy has been suspended five times. I've been through substance abuse, so I can sympathize how it worms its way into your brain. But damn, I would quit a lot of things for that type of cash.

Would love to point the finger at the NFL, but it seems he hadn't held up his end of the agreement. If it is pot....

W

Welshers

I feel Moore is a little underrated on here. He has made some nice catches on long balls. He is serviceable as is Swain. Maybe there's a chance this thing is just a hiccup and we get Josh for the playoffs

W

Welshers

I know there's another thread on Gordon right now, but I am seeing a lot of confusion from people on what is actually going on. People seem to think it might be a procedural error or that the NFL is somehow screwing us. But Bob Condotta from the Seattle Times reported that Gordon is being prevented from playing because of a cut and dry substance abuse setback. This sounds to me like a failed drug test.

ESPN is now also reporting that a source has confirmed to them Gordon has had a setback in his substance abuse recovery.

After six suspensions and the amount of time he was kept on the Commissioner's exempt list after his last failed drug test, I doubt we will be seeing him any time soon, if ever. I just want to say that substance abuse is no joke and is a very real disease. I hope Josh focuses first and foremost on himself and gets all the professional help he needs. If his urges are so out of control that he cannot quit drugs for millions of dollars then he has some very serious addiction issues. I am in recovery from substance abuse myself and can fully relate to him. I truly hope he gets well for himself and that is what is important here. Way more important than football.

Good luck Josh.

Seattle Times article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... e-or-play/

ESPN story: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/305 ... ource-says

hawks85

Reaction score
First off, no one knows anything right now. If he failed a drug test he would be suspended and done. He's allowed to team meetings and that's it for right now. He's not banned or suspended.

hawks85

Reaction score
knownone":153446l4 said:
Well, this is certainly not an ideal situation. It's interesting that he's allowed to attend team meetings, but he can't attend practice or games. I find that ruling a bit odd. Perhaps, this is a minor filing error or something unrelated to his prior suspensions. Otherwise, why allow him to attend the facility at all?
EXACTLY!! Damn people already assuming the worst. Nobody knows anything right now. If he pissed hot for another major drug, he's done. He's not banned or suspended.

W

Welshers

hawks85":3088xkop said:
First off, no one knows anything right now. If he failed a drug test he would be suspended and done. He's allowed to team meetings and that's it for right now. He's not banned or suspended.
True, but I'm just posting what Condotta reported. He said he had some type of substance abuse setback which I'm not sure what it would be besides a failed drug test? He's back on the commissioners exempt list...

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1341657069737283584[/tweet]

It’s unclear why the league would only put Gordon back on exempt status and not suspend him again if he indeed “had a setback in his battle with substance abuse” that was a relapse. One possibility would be if Gordon is appealing a latest positive drug test, but that is speculation.

Conditions of his reinstatement remain confidential to the team, as are details of the league’s confidential drug-treatment program for every suspended player for reasons of patient privacy. Those conditions could include continued, required testing x number of times per week or month, reporting to assigned counseling and outreach sessions or any other term, administrative and otherwise, agreed to between Gordon and the league as part of his reinstatement process.

One can only hope this is a relatively administrative issue, for the sake of the 29-year-old father of two kindergarten-aged children.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 9737283584

W

Welshers

KitsapGuy":1pmukhi2 said:

It’s unclear why the league would only put Gordon back on exempt status and not suspend him again if he indeed “had a setback in his battle with substance abuse” that was a relapse. One possibility would be if Gordon is appealing a latest positive drug test, but that is speculation.

Conditions of his reinstatement remain confidential to the team, as are details of the league’s confidential drug-treatment program for every suspended player for reasons of patient privacy. Those conditions could include continued, required testing x number of times per week or month, reporting to assigned counseling and outreach sessions or any other term, administrative and otherwise, agreed to between Gordon and the league as part of his reinstatement process.

One can only hope this is a relatively administrative issue, for the sake of the 29-year-old father of two kindergarten-aged children.

Really hoping this is true. But Pelissero works for NFL Network, the leagues official media outlet. So I would be surprised if he were wrong. Let's hope

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":2e5pimj4 said:
KitsapGuy":2e5pimj4 said:

Really hoping this is true. But Pelissero works for NFL Network, the leagues official media outlet. So I would be surprised if he were wrong. Let's hope

I'm sensing that you're right. There'd be no reason, ratings-wise or otherwise, for NFL to even attempt to throw games at this point. It's far more likely that it was a failed drug screen confirmed by gc/ms.

BUT

If it was a failed drug test, why the hell is he allowed to attend individual workouts?

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1nrl3eat said:
I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

LA is just plain uninspiring. They do not have consistent records, they're usually bad, they moved back only a few years back and it's not like SoCal likes them more for it in general. They are far from a legacy record despite where they are at.

Whereas we have had winning seasons for nine years without a beat. The one time we got beat from playoffs we were still 9-7. We get the most eyeballs on the West Coast as a result.

That's why I'm thinking Josh must have screwed up.

I would be surprised with everything at stake, secondly if he screwed up he would not be attending meetings and such which he is allowed to do.

He would not be on exempt he would be suspended again and not allowed in facilities.

W

Welshers

SantaClaraHawk":3k3o67fa said:
Welshers":3k3o67fa said:
KitsapGuy":3k3o67fa said:

I'm sensing that you're right. There'd be no reason, ratings-wise or otherwise, for NFL to even attempt to throw games at this point. It's far more likely that it was a failed drug screen confirmed by gc/ms.

BUT

If it was a failed drug test, why the hell is he allowed to attend individual workouts?
Your right, the fact that hes allowed to workout is strange. ESPN is now also reporting that the issue stems from a substance abuse setback. Maybe it is somehow drug related but without failing a drug test? Like he got caught drinking or something? I have no idea, all speculation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/305 ... ource-says

chris98251

Reaction score
Something is not right, with the history they as in the NFL would pull the plug quick, he would be indefinitely suspended again if it was a failed test. My question is with PED'S do they treat that the same as substance?

He did look damn DK like buff in the one picture I seen.

But still I don't think he would be allowed at the facilities.

Some thing isn't right in the 53 card deck.

Tokadub

Reaction score
This seems like a conspiracy theory against the Seahawks... "Oh you need 1 more receiver to win a Super Bowl... haha nice try, go back to drawing board!"

That's how it feels the NFL is treating us on this one...

From my point of view he smoked some weed and they have some kind of tyrannical semi-abstract control over this situation to ensure our smaller market team doesn't have any kind of edge (which we should have for getting this player)....

Unless I ever hear he did something more serious than weed, I'm 100% officially pissed forever about this... anyone with 1/2 a brain knows weed is way healthier than alcohol... it's in fact maybe the only "strong" drug that has never killed anyone and it's impossible to OD... it's super healthy and awesome...

So if this substance was weed, and that's the reason Gordon can't play and therefor we have instantly -20% to win a Super Bowl imo... (this wasn't the first season this happened btw)... I cannot forgive the NFL for this kind of blatant dictatorship...

Maybe I'm wrong but as far as I can tell he just smoked a blunt or something... and I'm fine with that to be honest.

I'm REALLY mad at NFL right now.

W

Welshers

Look, I don't disagree with you that they shouldn't test for weed in the NFL. But the fact is this guy has had six suspensions already. He didn't get all of those suspensions with the Seattle Seahawks. So was it a conspiracy back then as well? The new CBA also stipulates that players will no longer be suspended for marijuana use, though they will still be tested and possibly referred to treatment. The thing with Gordon is that probably doesn't apply to him because he was already on a strict disciplinary contract.

Another point is there is no way to know if it was just weed or a blunt yet. He has admitted to cocaine and xanax use as well in the past. The guy is struggling and needs to smoke weed (or other drugs) to the point he is willing to jeopardize millions of dollars to do so. Fair or not the rules are the rules. It seems he isn't following them.

Now is it BS that they let Antonio Brown play with all his rape accusations? Yes absolutely. But that doesn't change Gordon still continues to break rules. I support the kid and relate to him and want him to get better. But if he's failing drug tests it's no conspiracy from the league against us. It's just that: him failing drug tests. At some point we need to move away from victim mentality and just accept reality.

Also I think you are waaaaay over exaggerating his impact. 20%? The man had 7 receptions in 5 games played last year. Could he be very helpful? Yes. But would he make us 20% more likely to win a SB? I doubt that.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Question: What were the terms of his reinstatement?

The Seattle Times reported "....Gordon had not satisfied the terms of his conditional reinstatement from suspension" so it would appear that he didn't adhere to something.

Anybody know what those terms were?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is some explanation necessary from each of the parties here as this situation smells bad on many levels.

Is the roster move adding Gordon based upon the League’s news now voided, has Gordon failed a test, was the team wrong in announcing he was reinstated?

Am high disappointed here.

Vesuve

Reaction score
F, Gordon.

And the league seems inept on this.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":37dbsmm5 said:
There is some explanation necessary from each of the parties here as this situation smells bad on many levels.

Is the roster move adding Gordon based upon the League’s news now voided, has Gordon failed a test, was the team wrong in announcing he was reinstated?

Am high disappointed here.

I think what happened is that Gordon reacted to his reinstatement by using, the usage was caught on a whizz test, he now has the chance to appeal, and the league is letting him continue to go to team meetings and do workouts at the facility in the chance he wins the appeal.

Meanwhile, it's now on the Hawks to decide whether it's worth the cost and effort to daily covid test this guy and have their own people train him individually. The only one I'm aware of on the team who won an appeal like that was Sherman in 2012, and he did it by attacking irregularities in the testing procedure (the sample transfer/leaky cup) as opposed to the results.

If he's appealing that the test itself was wrong...well there are actually two tests. First is akin to the one that anyone can go get from a drugstore. If that pops hot, then the testing place runs it through gc/ms to ensure that the molecules detected were a metabolite that could have come only from the banned substance, and not from, say, eating poppy seed bagels or using a non-banned cold and flu product.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Moore is a strong dude, but his play has been soft lately, and he is dropping the football. Whenever he sees someone coming to tackle him, he pulls up a little like he's afraid of getting hit.

Pete needs to sit him a couple of games.

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
Wilson has enough good receivers.

He just needs to play better

Gordon obviously is sick or doesnt care.
He is done with football and needs help to live a normal life.