Oregon @ Washington

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This is gonna be a huge test for both teams. Especially on defense.

ESPN GameDay will be in Seattle.

Thoughts?

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I think UW is the better team - the ducks havent beat anyone of note.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
What concerns me as a UW fan is the UW run defense. Also need to keep Penix on his feet, a quick passing game and being able to pop a run is essential.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My thoughts?

If either team was so good, then why can't I watch them on regular network television like I did as a kid?

If they both suck, then continue to hide them on Root TV.

I ain't paying extra, on top of extra, on top of extra anymore. The Pac-2 is dead to me!

Last edited:
OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
IPTV is your friend. Once you have it, you won't care what network any event is on.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
IPTV is your friend. Once you have it, you won't care what network any event is on.
I'm looking forward to doing just that...

After 50 years, how could I not feel a mighty strong allegiance to the PAC-00, also known as (Shhhh.......)

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The way I see it is that it's kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend and then dating somebody new. Sure, you're going to miss your ex-girlfriend. However, your new girlfriend is something to get excited about.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
My thoughts?

If either team was so good, then why can't I watch them on regular network television like I did as a kid?

I ain't paying extra, on top of extra, on top of extra anymore. The Pac-2 is dead to me!
I looked up the game and it is showing on ABC @ 1530 EST. Maybe I am getting the game since I don’t live in the Seattle area

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
The way I see it is that it's kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend and then dating somebody new. Sure, you're going to miss your ex-girlfriend. However, your new girlfriend is something to get excited about.
What new girlfriend?
I've been married 28 years!

Putting that into football terminology, the Denver Bronco's are already making alimony payments to Russell Wilson.
I however, am not!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I looked up the game and it is showing on ABC @ 1530 EST. Maybe I am getting the game since I don’t live in the Seattle area
That sounds backwards to me, but I am glad at you get to see the game, and hope you report the rest of us here on what actually happens, Hawkinaz.

I am interested, and quite sure a lot of the other local fans here are too. Guess that makes you are #1 source for good information?

Yeah, it likely does! Go Washington!!!!!
🏆

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Reading articles/watching and YouTube analysts, looks like most people are picking Oregon. They think Oregon's defense is going to be the difference.

I think it's tough to gauge. Has Oregon played an offense as good as Washington? How did Texas Tech put up 30 points and 450 yards and 4 touchdowns? Isn't Washington's offense way better than Texas Tech?

I think we will need big plays from Washingtons defensive line, which I think is the strength of their defense, and according to the analysts I listened to, is better than Oregon's.

Looks like the weather will be cloudy, no rain, 60 degrees, and 5mph winds. So any advantage the ducks may have with the weather limiting Washingtons passing attack may be nil.

One thing I have to wonder is how Oregon will handle the constant movement, disguises, and just overall complex offense that Washington runs. Also, how many false starts with the crowd noise cause?

If I'm being unbiased, I would have to say that this matchup is too difficult to guage. Although Washingtons strength of schedule this far is significantly stronger than Oregon's (41st vs 109th), neither Washington or Oregon has faced even a top 40 team so far. So there's been no real test. As we have seen over and over, sometimes there are teams that can destroy middling and low tier teams every week, but then get dominated by an actually good team. So I'm think this is a toss up. I have no prediction. Lol.

audioeffects

Reaction score
The Husky fans can be a big help on Montlake - but this will test Penix’s management of the game where he will need to check down more often than he is used to. Establishing the run will be a plus. Big plays on defense seriously needed!

Chapow

Reaction score
My thoughts?

The game is on ABC. Also known as regular network television. They're also rarely, if ever, on Root Sports. I can't remember the last time a Husky game was on Root, and I watch every game.

Latest posts