Sherman arrested.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2m7jyx5e said:
kidhawk":2m7jyx5e said:
Hearing he was denied bail. Is that common in these types of cases or does that insinuate that it’s on the more serious side of the spectrum?
Yes, until they are to go in front of a judge and the judge assesses the situation.
That can change or not depending on the judges decision.

It’s unfortunate that someone so intelligent let’s himself get into the situation.
Just goes to show intelligent people still make dumb decisions.

Disappointed in Sherm, hoping it’s all BS, but if he is guilty he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for the info. I read the article on ESPN and it said what you are saying here. I also noted two important pieces of information. One is that he’s currently being held for investigation of domestic violence burglary and hasn’t been charged yet (saw that in the Seattle Times). The other was that there was an extreme risk restraining order being sought. Still seems like a lot of information is needed to come out to figure out what happened. No matter what though it’s a sad situation.

zelter

Reaction score
Even if he is let off you have to figure his price tag just dropped.

Be great to have him on the team again. (if Russ approves)

Slick

Reaction score
This will definitely be spun into some anti-cop/brutality stuff in 3....2..... :roll:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Held w/o bail is an exaggeration.

It is very normal for there to be protective conditions in any release order in domestic allegations. Often the particular jurisdiction will decide to have a Judge impose the conditions so they have real import to the defendant. The Courts like to give a potential violent offender a stern warning of a custodial consequence to any breach of no contact, no go conditions. He'll be released in Court.

Don't think as well there is much information here about domestic violence either here as it only appears he tried to force his way into the house he owns but is barred from by some prior agreement with his estranged wife.

These case often are highly exaggerated and more sensational than they truly are. That said: it would appear his "fighting with the police" is reflective of a high emotional state by Sherman, or potential intoxication. Richard is a smart man he'll figure this out.

I wish the couple luck in sorting this out.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes. A crash. And then a fight with police that was so extensive that a police dog was involved. That's the headline now. Sherman arrested for DV. Police dog involved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... ar-AAM9FF9

In those early LOB years, Sherm would always talk about people he was helping mostly from where he grew up. But he'd always say he wouldn't go see someone in jail. I still remember what he said, "If they're in jail then I can't help them."

Just looking at all the facts it wasn't just about she had the keys and wouldn't let him in. There's a crashed car involved, a police dog, some "extreme protective risk order," an arrest, no bail. The whole situation is tragic on so many levels but at this point these two people just have to be Bill and Melinda Gates about their business going forward. Work it out between them for the kids and then never say anything in public because of the kids.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think we can finally put the 'Sherman heading back to Seattle?' rumors to rest now.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2k8hlulm said:
warden":2k8hlulm said:
Denied Bail

It takes a lot for a person of his stature to be denied bail

Takes a lot for anyone to be denied bail. This sounds like a good bit more than a he-said-she-said moment.

The story on PFT said that it's common practice to deny bail in DV incidents until a judge can look at it. Not saying it isn't more serious, but it seems like standard protocol for this.

Mizak

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1weu3o1c said:
Yes. A crash. And then a fight with police that was so extensive that a police dog was involved. That's the headline now. Sherman arrested for DV. Police dog involved.

In those early LOB years, Sherm would always talk about people he was helping mostly from where he grew up. But he'd always say he wouldn't go see someone in jail. I still remember what he said, "If they're in jail then I can't help them."

Just looking at all the facts it wasn't just about she had the keys and wouldn't let him in. There's a crashed car involved, a police dog, some "extreme protective risk order," an arrest, no bail. The whole situation is tragic on so many levels but at this point these two people just have to be Bill and Melinda Gates about their business going forward. Work it out between them for the kids and then never say anything in public because of the kids.

He left the scene of the crash AKA Hit-N-Run.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was held once back in April of 2000 for 72 hours "of investigation" in King County Jail for what they dubbed "Felony Harassment". My roommate told the police I threatened her life (a flat out lie). But they believed this cute little blonde thing because she was in tears because what really happened is I told her to get out. I was tired of her craziness, it was my name on the rental lease and she panicked and called 911. That's all it took.

THAT wasn't the most fun 72 hours of my life I ever spent let me tell you. But when it comes to "DV" classification, the state doesn't mess around.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mizak":68xh0xh4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":68xh0xh4 said:

He left the scene of the crash AKA Hit-N-Run.
Likely a DUI at that time of the morning as well.

253hawk

Reaction score
Rat":2363ivjk said:
warden":2363ivjk said:
Denied Bail

It takes a lot for a person of his stature to be denied bail
Nah, that's everyone until they can get in front of a judge. We'll probably hear about bail later.

Yep, everyone is denied bail until their first appearance hearing.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I mean who hasn't crashed their car into a cement barrier, broken into an apartment and then fought with the police?

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington State it is automatic take someone away, cops get to pick who, 90 percent of the time if it is male / female it is the guy.

Looks like they are throwing the book at him in charges, we will see how many stick.

Latest posts