Sherman arrested.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
knownone":32q5jjwy said:
Sgt. Largent":32q5jjwy said:
knownone":32q5jjwy said:
Sgt. Largent":32q5jjwy said:
Benign is getting drunk and leaving a couple regrettable angry voicemails, or firing off a bunch of angry texts.

Crashing your car, trying to fight someone, trying to run from the police and getting a K9 set loose on you because you won't cooperate? Not benign.

Is it a sign of addiction or cry for help? Idk bout that, but it's definitely a sign that Richard's got some anger issues and sense of entitlement.
It depends on your perspective. This is benign if you grew up in a violent neighborhood, a large city, or have experienced a lot of violent behavior first hand.

If Richard had a history of this type of behavior, I'd agree with you. But even though he grew up on Compton, he grew up a very loving stable two parent household, went to Stanford and has spent his entire adult life living in mansions in affluent areas.

So no, I don't buy that this is benign to him.
I'm not speaking with regards to Richard. I'm speaking in regards to you and your perspective. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood, and this type of thing happened just about every weekend. Now I live in the nice part of town, and kids listening to music too loud draws the ire of everyone in the neighborhood.

My point is what's benign to one person is extreme to another person. It's obviously not healthy behavior, and it's certainly concerning, but to a lot of us, it's normalized to a varying degree which diminishes its impact.

The ring-cam video of Richard is the kind of behavior he'd be against at Blanket Foundation in Compton. It's all about the grades and sports and ABOVE ALL it is about not being in jail.

His own behavior would be what he's already said is unacceptable in Compton. But as long as he's going to be with the NFLPA, "pillar of the community" and all this, he and his family can't just impart to the community that he or they were having a bad day and that's the end of it.

On all aspects, his interests are best served if he just checks in to a rehab tied to an actual hospital. There could be a neurological or other condition going on, for one. And if he's drinking two bottles of hard liquor by himself then maybe he needs to be physically tapered down with Ativan. Which jail authorities frequently do.

If there's gonna be a divorce or child custody fight, now there is at least some wiggle room if you go to rehab with the media and even the courts.

pmedic920

Reaction score
knownone":1sq5rpw2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1sq5rpw2 said:
pmedic920":1sq5rpw2 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1sq5rpw2 said:
How many people's episodes are this severe? He needs help.
I’ve been in the business of helping people in crisis for over 30 years.

Not trying to downplay anything here but the reality is, in the grand scheme of things this is relatively benign.

Benign is getting drunk and leaving a couple regrettable angry voicemails, or firing off a bunch of angry texts.

Crashing your car, trying to fight someone, trying to run from the police and getting a K9 set loose on you because you won't cooperate? Not benign.

Is it a sign of addiction or cry for help? Idk bout that, but it's definitely a sign that Richard's got some anger issues and sense of entitlement.
It depends on your perspective. This is benign if you grew up in a violent neighborhood, a large city, or have experienced a lot of violent behavior first hand.
Like I said, “in the grand scheme of things”.

The average citizens have no clue what actually goes happens on a daily basis in terms of how messed up and cruel humans can be to one another.

In a metropolitan area like Houston, a scenario like this plays out multiple times every day.

Mizak

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/r ... story.html

In February, King County prosecutors and the sheriff obtained an “extreme risk protection order” for Sherman, which barred him from having guns after a judge determined he posed a danger to himself or others. Details of the case were sealed, and it was not immediately clear if any weapons had been seized from him.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
pmedic920":38ah96li said:

In a metropolitan area like Houston, a scenario like this plays out multiple times every day.

Stop making it about you, no one cares.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ovnn3w1 said:
knownone":2ovnn3w1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ovnn3w1 said:
pmedic920":2ovnn3w1 said:

Not trying to downplay anything here but the reality is, in the grand scheme of things this is relatively benign.

If Richard had a history of this type of behavior, I'd agree with you. But even though he grew up on Compton, he grew up a very loving stable two parent household, went to Stanford and has spent his entire adult life living in mansions in affluent areas.

Never said it was benign to him, I said “in the grand scheme of things”.

And he does have history, IIRC he had a protection order granted against him. Maybe someone can post the details.

My post was in response to “how many people’s episodes are this severe”

Edit:
Ironically Mizac mentioned the very incident.
See 2 posts above.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkStrong":k5706v3r said:
pmedic920":k5706v3r said:

Stop making it about you, no one cares.
About me?

Seriously is that what you get out of what I’ve said?

This is part of the problem we see on a regular basis in all facets of information transfer and disbursement these days.

One line of text or one sentence of a conversation taken out of context and used to make an attack, start an argument, or discredit something otherwise credible.

You do you, go man go.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":38orw8ws said:
knownone":38orw8ws said:
Sgt. Largent":38orw8ws said:
pmedic920":38orw8ws said:

The average citizens have no clue what actually goes happens on a daily basis in terms of how messed up and cruel humans can be to one another.

I am perfectly aware of cruelty's others have, ever see a person cut in half with a shot gun because he screwed someone's girlfriend, or a kids hand chopped off for taking a mango, or how about people being ate a cell at a time sitting on the street begging for food because the Government won't take care of them and flesh eating bacteria is eating them alive. I have experienced it also, you really should get off that 28 hand horse you ride on.

But you are all knowing and nobody can tell you otherwise. Also yes situationally people can be somewhere else and make it look like they are at a location, that's not the system. PBX SC, whoa they need some new technology, digital and analog often clash with interfacing, they need to upgrade to a digital switching system.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":wrbl98ut said:
pmedic920":wrbl98ut said:
knownone":wrbl98ut said:
Sgt. Largent":wrbl98ut said:

I am perfectly aware of cruelty's others have, ever see a person cut in half with a shot gun because he screwed someone's girlfriend, or a kids hand chopped off for taking a mango, or how about people being ate a cell at a time sitting on the street begging for food because the Government won't take care of them and flesh eating bacteria is eating them alive. I have experienced it also, you really should get off that 28 hand horse you ride on.

But you are all knowing and nobody can tell you otherwise. Also yes situationally people can be somewhere else and make it look like they are at a location, that's not the system. PBX SC, whoa they need some new technology, digital and analog often clash with interfacing, they need to upgrade to a digital switching system.
I’m not “all knowing” by any means but I have extensive experience in this very topic and how it plays out in reality on a daily basis.
You can ignore and discount that experience if you wish but it doesn’t make your statement about no need to give an address any more correct.
Your stance on that aspect is 100% incorrect/invalid.

knownone

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2kac77ti said:
knownone":2kac77ti said:
Sgt. Largent":2kac77ti said:
knownone":2kac77ti said:

I'm not speaking with regards to Richard. I'm speaking in regards to you and your perspective. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood, and this type of thing happened just about every weekend. Now I live in the nice part of town, and kids listening to music too loud draws the ire of everyone in the neighborhood.

My point is what's benign to one person is extreme to another person. It's obviously not healthy behavior, and it's certainly concerning, but to a lot of us, it's normalized to a varying degree which diminishes its impact.

The ring-cam video of Richard is the kind of behavior he'd be against at Blanket Foundation in Compton. It's all about the grades and sports and ABOVE ALL it is about not being in jail.

His own behavior would be what he's already said is unacceptable in Compton. But as long as he's going to be with the NFLPA, "pillar of the community" and all this, he and his family can't just impart to the community that he or they were having a bad day and that's the end of it.

On all aspects, his interests are best served if he just checks in to a rehab tied to an actual hospital. There could be a neurological or other condition going on, for one. And if he's drinking two bottles of hard liquor by himself then maybe he needs to be physically tapered down with Ativan. Which jail authorities frequently do.

If there's gonna be a divorce or child custody fight, now there is at least some wiggle room if you go to rehab with the media and even the courts.
People are inherently flawed. It's easy to idealize situations until you've dealt with them firsthand. We've all made stupid mistakes, so it's silly to hold people to an idealized standard even if they are the ones setting it.

I personally don't think he owes an explanation to the community. He should take care of himself, get his mind right, and proceed from there. His reputation is a meaningless signifier. It's noise. He needs to focus on Richard.

He's always struck me as a guy with a few screws loose who is prone to fits of irrational behavior. I'm not going to draw any conclusion about his current mental health status. It could be a lingering issue, or it could be a one-off situation. Who am I to say? This should be a private issue. Let the authorities and the family figure things out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Good for Richard!

This statement by him indicates he is truly a person of good character who knows he screwed up.

I wish him, his family, and the police officer involved nothing but the best and hope they get the help they all need to get through this situation.

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2daagrac said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1415836388168196099[/tweet]

Gotta agree

That looked like a home security video capture. Got to wonder how did it get into public stream? Wife? In-Law? police? Does the public really need to see it?

toffee

Reaction score

pmedic920

Reaction score
toffee":2b4aimbw said:
SantaClaraHawk":2b4aimbw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1415836388168196099[/tweet]

Gotta agree

That looked like a home security video capture. Got to wonder how did it get into public stream? Wife? In-Law? police? Does the public really need to see it?
Great question, and I ponder the same thing, not only in this particular situation but many others as well.

We are in different times than we were even 8-10 years ago.
We are in an age where cameras and video are everywhere.

I can’t hardly make a response on the ambulance where someone doesn’t have a video camera (phone) out recording everything. I think it’s a matter of being relevant, everyone wants that single moment of fame, and they think getting something/anything on film will get it for them.

I think it’s a sign of the times, and it will only get worse unless society puts a foot down.

Personal I don’t have a problem with the information being put “out there”, I have issue with the commentary.
These days, opinion is being said/told as fact, and we’ve lost or are losing the ability to think for ourselves.
We believe whatever MSM and social media tells us to believe.

We see these things because we (as a society) wants to see them.

Edit: the reality is, it’s not a new phenomenon.

[youtube]YHimia_Fxzs[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
I am bothered by who leaked this video, Sherm's wife said all the supportive words to help Sherm. So I am assuming it wasn't her that leaked this video.

On a lighter and joking note, Sherm wasn't a lineman, otherwise that front door couldn't have stopped him when he bull rushed :)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2uqweqaf said:
I am bothered by who leaked this video, Sherm's wife said all the supportive words to help Sherm. So I am assuming it wasn't her that lead this video.

On a lighter and joking note, Sherm wasn't a lineman, otherwise that front door couldn't have stopped him when he bull rushed :)

I've only heard audio. And 911 audio is designed to be pretty easy to get, especially for media people.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":34c6ty8g said:
chris98251":34c6ty8g said:
pmedic920":34c6ty8g said:
knownone":34c6ty8g said:

I’m not “all knowing” by any means but I have extensive experience in this very topic and how it plays out in reality on a daily basis.
You can ignore and discount that experience if you wish but it doesn’t make your statement about no need to give an address any more correct.
Your stance on that aspect is 100% incorrect/invalid.

Pemdic, I coordinated Dynamite charge placement with GPS, if the system is faulty there is a issue and it goes bnag in the wrong place. Like I said we used three different systems, Argo, Loran and Syledis, Geo sounding for Oil.

I am not wrong, neither are you, the system works perfectly. It is about the user and their location, dial 911 when your choking, have a abuse going on and dial 911 and then move the phone hide the phone so the abuser doesn't see you with it, etc thats what tracking helps with as well.

Really you need some counseling, you can only see one direction down a two way highway.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This building was new construction the year this happened Chris.

This was already a situation where at least the Trusted Vendor had some technical answers. But it depended on clients actually having a clue to ask. You can be the best paramedic or cop ever but if you don't get that call for service, no one will ever know it.