Sherman arrested.

stang233

Reaction score
Mental health challenges are so real and can get anyone. Rich, poor, any gender or race. It is so sad. I hope that he now works to exercise his mental health.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I always wondered why nearly everyone considered Sherman hyper intelligent. Going and even graduating from Stanford doesn't automatically bestow brilliance upon you. He graduated in communications not engineering.

knownone

Reaction score
TreeRon":ohhk1hj0 said:
I always wondered why nearly everyone considered Sherman hyper intelligent. Going and even graduating from Stanford doesn't automatically bestow brilliance upon you. He graduated in communications not engineering.
Anyone close to getting their masters from Stanford is clearly intelligent. Wilson also has a communications degree, and people think he's brilliant. I mean, he comes across as a fairly uncharismatic brand ambassador, but people seem to like that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TreeRon":n0b2fo5d said:

I think Sherman is very intelligent, it's what made him one of the greatest DB's of the past 10 years. His comprehension and ability to dissect and predict routes and what the offense was doing.

But I also think he's arrogant and an entitled athlete, which led to his exit from Seattle........thinking he knows better than everyone else.

Having said all this, we don't know what he's struggling with. Could be depression, could be addiction, we don't know.

So I will refrain from too much judgement until we get his side of the story. IMO he's still a good dude and did (and still does) a lot for our communities.

LTH

Reaction score
We don't know all of the details yet but Man I don't drink cause alcohol is nasty stuff... I don't relate well with people who just get smashed... when you mix alcohol with a bad relationship not much good can come of it... Sherm is a brilliant guy and he can't get past it that should say a lot to anyone who is listening...

just sayin...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":exjsscys said:
Boiler":exjsscys said:
Shanegotyou11":exjsscys said:
https://t.co/BoIrSWcXST

911 call.

Lady needs to be fired.

No kidding. Talk about a threat to public safety. A dispatcher who doesn't listen?

This wasn't just a failure of "listening." It was a failure to ask the right questions with the right questioning technique.

The first question of anything in any emergency is not WHO or even WHAT. The first question is WHERE. If you don't have the WHERE then you have NOWHERE to start this call rolling.

As stated above you don't need to ask where, where is on the screen with gps or number tracking, it's the 21st century now we use more then string and cans or smoke signals.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio says John Lynch has reached out to Sherm and his wife.

Although Richard Sherman no longer plays for the 49ers, General Manager John Lynch has reached out to Sherman and his wife after the events of the last 48 hours, which saw Sherman arrested for trying to break into his wife’s parents’ home, and Ashley Sherman call 911 to report that Richard Sherman was suicidal.

Lynch told reporters today that he is concerned about both Richard and Ashley and has reached out to the family to let them know that the 49ers can provide resources to them.

“They’re good people,” Lynch said of Richard and Ashley. “Just praying that they find their way through this and we’ll support them any way we can.”

Lynch and the 49ers signed Sherman to a three-year contract in 2018. He is currently a free agent.

Sherman remains incarcerated and will appear before a judge this afternoon.

I don't know what to make of most of this but the laws are the laws. If you went crashing into a WDOT or Caltrans video and drunk and there's video of you running away there's not a lot of wiggle room here. As was the case. No matter how bad a day you had, for most normal people that's a minimum a $50K bad day out of their pocket plus some not cool jail.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LTH":1ulq9umu said:
We don't know all of the details yet but Man I don't drink cause alcohol is nasty stuff... I don't relate well with people who just get smashed... when you mix alcohol with a bad relationship not much good can come of it... Sherm is a brilliant guy and he can't get past it that should say a lot to anyone who is listening...

just sayin...

LTH
Alcohol is fine in moderation and if you don’t drive.
Alcohol effects different people differently.
Some people get happy, some people get mean.

I’m a happy drunk.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gkee3mn said:
Alcohol is fine in moderation and if you don’t drive.
Alcohol effects different people differently.
Some people get happy, some people get mean.

I’m a happy drunk.

"Fine" is a strange word to describe the effects of alcohol on any human body, regardless of how one acts while intoxicated.

The fact that you think getting drunk is "moderation" is also curious...

Sherman has everything most people could want. Too bad.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hearing the prosecutors asked for $10,000 bail but the judge let him out on his own recognizance

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1gizwmnw said:
Hearing the prosecutors asked for $10,000 bail but the judge let him out on his own recognizance

Most probably.

Whatever. It shouldn't take just the long arm to motivate a man like Richard Sherman.

Dude, your woman's 911 is out there and apparently she was calling for some relative. Now there is a police dog on you. Now that PD is saying one of those pd is injured.

Dude. This does not look good. I would recommend, seriously that you two be men about it and just work out the stuff with the kids.

hawk45

Reaction score
TreeRon":1x3y1y39 said:
This is where I’m at. The highest communications grad is lesser than the lowliest engineering grad. We like to laud players for intelligence, and Sherman is Einstein relative to other nfl players, but real world that degree confers the absolute least in terms of intelligence. I respect a blue collar worker far more than an athlete with a communications degree. I mean nobody here is holding up radio hosts as the pinnacle of intelligence and they tend to have communications degrees.

Intelligence aside, Sherman’s emotional IQ I.e. maturity has always been teenage girl tier.

Love the player, actually hope we sign him because we need the help in the secondary, but laugh at the idea that this is somehow a surprise because he’s “so intelligent”.

knownone

Reaction score
hawk45":3u80h4dq said:
TreeRon":3u80h4dq said:
This is where I’m at. The highest communications grad is lesser than the lowliest engineering grad. We like to laud players for intelligence, and Sherman is Einstein relative to other nfl players, but real world that degree confers the absolute least in terms of intelligence. I respect a blue collar worker far more than an athlete with a communications degree. I mean nobody here is holding up radio hosts as the pinnacle of intelligence and they tend to have communications degrees.

Intelligence aside, Sherman’s emotional IQ I.e. maturity has always been teenage girl tier.

Love the player, actually hope we sign him because we need the help in the secondary, but laugh at the idea that this is somehow a surprise because he’s “so intelligent”.
I'd be curious to know what the correlation between degree attained and intelligence is. There is a fair argument to be made about the relative value of a communication degree in the job market. However, the notion that being an engineer is indicative of intelligence is a rather silly one. Anyone dedicated enough can become an engineer, and none of the STEM-related fields require a great deal of intelligence to be successful.

A team of engineers is asked to measure the height of a flag pole. They only have a measuring tape and are getting quite frustrated trying to keep the tape along the pole. A mathematician comes along, removes the pole from the stand, and lays it on the ground, measuring it easily. When he leaves, one engineer says to the other: "Just like a mathematician! We need to know the height, and he gives us the length!"

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1415836388168196099[/tweet]

Gotta agree