We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
cymatica":ym6gb9js said:
chris98251":ym6gb9js said:
Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

Secondly if a receiver can make a one handed catch and score a touchdown with possession how can he not still have possession even if it is with one hand, most running backs carry in one hand, a QB throws with one hand.

I'm always b!@ch about officiating but they got this one right. Fieldgulls explains it well
[url=https://www.fieldgulls.com/20...ww.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt[/url]

He lost possession for just a second before the ball crossed the goal line. There is also nothing in the rulebook about an out of bounds player stripping the ball, as long as the offensive player is in bounds it's all fair game.

There were 2 calls that are absolutely worth dissecting imo. The sack on Wilson where he was in the grasp and never stop forward momentum, and the defenseless punt returner. There were plenty of other ticky tack bad judgements, and they all seem to go against Seattle, but you could at least argue they were just missed calls. These 2 calls were just beyond mistakes, either sheer ignorance of the rules or deliberately trying to steer certain plays for whatever reason. There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football. You can't rule a fumble on his strip sack with him moving backwards, then rule him down when he never lost forward momentum. You can't act like you are protecting QBs by saying in the grasp, then straight up ignore him getting speared on his slide.

This is my take as well. As badly as I wanted the Metcalf play to go in our favor, it was just a really, really good defensive play by SF. Refs got that one right. They did blow a couple of others though, and pretty egregiously too. The Wilson "in the grasp" sack was so weird it was surreal. When you think of how elusive Wilson is, how many times he's slipped out of tackles just like that, and how that's one of his key signature things the whole league knows about, it was especially weird. And they clearly weren't trying to protect him as they let him get speared a couple of other times without as much as a glance.

I realize the "in the grasp" plays cannot be challenged as the whistle has blown which changes the dynamics of the play instantly, but they really should be somehow. Hard to look at that and say the refs didn't blatantly blow that one completely sideways. It could have cost us the game, but luckily Wilson got the first down the next play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":11e97cbg said:
HawkStrong":11e97cbg said:
scutterhawk":11e97cbg said:
Sgt. Largent":11e97cbg said:
Lol, did you watch the video? Moore absolutely pushes him out.

I see I'm not getting anywhere with you, you're too far down the tinfoil hat rabbit hole. God speed. It was the right call, but you go on with your bad self.
LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.
You're not getting anywhere with me because I recognize when someone is trying to blow smoke up my arse.

I think you have a poor understanding of the rules. Please cite which penalty should have been enforced, referencing the NFL rule book.

I don't need a rule book to know that some of Y'all are trying to lie your way out of nonsensical statements...Statements like "Moore Pushed Tartt Out".
YES, I absolutely understand that we won IN SPITE of some $h!t CALLS / NO CALLS, BUT, it shouldn't come down to inept Officiating steering games. OH AND, if some of you jokers that are put off with these threads, why not spare yourselves the grief, hell , no one is forcing you to click on, and play smart ass. :roll:

I could ask you the same thing. If you guys think there's some grand evil conspiracy against the Hawks, and the refs are in on it......why do you watch the Hawks at all?

I mean, it's all a sham right? So why watch, seems counter-intuitive to burn calories caring about a team that the league is so clearly out to assure failure.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I almost never complain about officiating but some calls/non-calls that game bothered me.

The DK play was not 1 of them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Threads like this is why I rarely post in thin forum. Seahawk fans think that they always get screwed by the refs. As if we’ve never had a favorable call. There were bad calls that went both ways, like usual.

You guys do realize if you go on a Niners forum they probably have a similar thread complaining about how Seattle got all the calls.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think ALL teams get screwed by the refs!!! the simple fact is that they call too many penalties, Penalties should jump out at you and be obvious. I see refs looking for penalties. The games are becoming unwatchable.

What is the current disparity in holding calls with the Seahawks? I guarantee that there is one and that its at least 2X if not 3X. That's the maddening thing, if your going to call stupid penalties you had better call them both ways. Monday's game was egregious. the simple fix is stop calling penalties and stop trying to officiate the game into something its not. it's a violent game, that's why we like it. Nobody is forcing these guys to play football. So tired of all this pussy bull$hit.

rcaido

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2xrsh886 said:
Threads like this is why I rarely post in thin forum. Seahawk fans think that they always get screwed by the refs. As if we’ve never had a favorable call. There were bad calls that went both ways, like usual.

You guys do realize if you go on a Niners forum they probably have a similar thread complaining about how Seattle got all the calls.

who cares if you dont like it leave or dont join in the discussion. this was an odd play and the way the calls were mostly in favor of the 49ers this still doesnt seem right. I've seen some crazy touchdowns that shouldnt have been a td and there has been some that should have.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":ti5o2ie5 said:
scutterhawk":ti5o2ie5 said:
HawkStrong":ti5o2ie5 said:
scutterhawk":ti5o2ie5 said:
LOL yer ass Sarge, Moore did NOT push him out...I absolutely DID watch in freeze frames throughout the entire play, Moore didn't even touch Tartt until he was ALREADY OUT.
You're not getting anywhere with me because I recognize when someone is trying to blow smoke up my arse.

I think you have a poor understanding of the rules. Please cite which penalty should have been enforced, referencing the NFL rule book.

I don't need a rule book to know that some of Y'all are trying to lie your way out of nonsensical statements...Statements like "Moore Pushed Tartt Out".
YES, I absolutely understand that we won IN SPITE of some $h!t CALLS / NO CALLS, BUT, it shouldn't come down to inept Officiating steering games. OH AND, if some of you jokers that are put off with these threads, why not spare yourselves the grief, hell , no one is forcing you to click on, and play smart ass. :roll:

:roll: so nothing to base your opinion on? Just because you feel like it shouldn't be allowed?
I've read enough of your mundane rantings to know that you ain't an expert...AT ANYTHING.. :roll: :roll: :roll: ..Next

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":13zaizxu said:
Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

Secondly if a receiver can make a one handed catch and score a touchdown with possession how can he not still have possession even if it is with one hand, most running backs carry in one hand, a QB throws with one hand.

^^ This guy gets it ^^ :2thumbs:
It was contested possession, & Refs very well could have signaled a TD...Just like they did with the controversial Golden Tate contested catch against GB.
In this case, Just because the Defender had TWO hands on the ball, it doesn't ensure a strip.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":76yyh16s said:
scutterhawk":76yyh16s said:
HawkStrong":76yyh16s said:
scutterhawk":76yyh16s said:

I could ask you the same thing. If you guys think there's some grand evil conspiracy against the Hawks, and the refs are in on it......why do you watch the Hawks at all?

I mean, it's all a sham right? So why watch, seems counter-intuitive to burn calories caring about a team that the league is so clearly out to assure failure.
I said NOTHING about there being any damned "Conspiracy", that one is on YOU, but I am getting just a little tired of the plethora of SHITTY CALLS / NO CALLS, and you're out of your gourd if you don't BELIEVE that they are making an inordinate amount of mistakes...I understand them making some screw up calls, but by this time of the year, they should be whittling down the number, or do you disagree with EVERYONE ELSE......eh?
Go to Ivotuk's post, click on Danny Dave & Moore, and LISTEN to what they are saying. :17:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2b16nh6o said:
chris98251":2b16nh6o said:

It was contested possession, & Refs very well could have signaled a TD...Just like they did with the controversial Golden Tate contested catch against GB.
In this case, Just because the Defender had TWO hands on the ball, it doesn't ensure a strip.

Defender clearly rips possession away, you can see it happen.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkStrong":2vcvo65l said:
scutterhawk":2vcvo65l said:
chris98251":2vcvo65l said:

Metcalf STILL HAS HIS HAND ON THE BALL AS IT GOES OVER THE GOAL LINE = TD
IF Tartt fumbles the ball AFTER it crosses the Goal Line, how does he claim possession?...…...Because you & Field Gulls say so. LOLOLOL

cymatica

Reaction score
scutterhawk":47du2tor said:
chris98251":47du2tor said:

Rewatch it or look at the fieldgulls article. The ball comes free from Metcalfs hand before the goaline. Possession is lost and never re-established until the SF defender falls on the ball in the endzone. The call was correct

cymatica

Reaction score
Vesuve":1qcvavci said:
cymatica":1qcvavci said:
....There is no legitimate excuse for those calls, especially the punt return, that is why there is a fair catch. I have never once seen a defenseless player penalty on a punt return tackle like that. Wilson never stopped moving forward on the sack, this isn't 2hand touch football.

I didn't get it at first, but the announcers (and the 3rd guy they call in) said he was a "defenseless player" or something like when it comes to a punt-return catch that and our guy tackled high near the neck and head, and it therefore qualified. Rare to happen or get called.

I'm not saying I like it or support it.

I assume if he tackled lower it would not have been called.

I can't agree with that call at all. It's impossible to not tackle high when the punt returner ducks to half his height. The gunner almost went over the top of him. I've seen guys get blasted on those non fair catches, never a flag

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3azf0nru said:
scutterhawk":3azf0nru said:
chris98251":3azf0nru said:

Rewatch it or look at the fieldgulls article. The ball comes free from Metcalfs hand before the goaline. Possession is lost and never re-established until the SF defender falls on the ball in the endzone. The call was correct
Metcalf's hand DOES NOT COME OFF THE BALL UNTIL AFTER IT CROSSES THE GOAL LINE....PERIOD!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25fw1ibj said:
HawkStrong":25fw1ibj said:
scutterhawk":25fw1ibj said:
chris98251":25fw1ibj said:

Metcalf STILL HAS HIS HAND ON THE BALL AS IT GOES OVER THE GOAL LINE = TD
IF Tartt fumbles the ball AFTER it crosses the Goal Line, how does he claim possession?...…...Because you & Field Gulls say so. LOLOLOL

The article even explains it, you can clearly see Metcalf's hand come off the ball for a moment. They only showed it once on TV. Without that view I would agree with you...but we have that view so...

Look you can deny it all you want, won't change the past.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Screenshot201911131628291573691607.png

/Thread

scutterhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cva8crm said:
cymatica":1cva8crm said:
scutterhawk":1cva8crm said:
chris98251":1cva8crm said:

Metcalf's hand DOES NOT COME OFF THE BALL UNTIL AFTER IT CROSSES THE GOAL LINE....PERIOD!
EVEN watching that in Slow Mo, > AND FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES <Metcalf still maintains CONTACT OF THE BALL as it crosses the Goal line.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
scutterhawk":29ht79ls said:
cymatica":29ht79ls said:

EVEN watching that in Slow Mo, > AND FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES <Metcalf still maintains CONTACT OF THE BALL as it crosses the Goal line.

Look at the picture I posted since you very clearly didn't watch the video from the link. If you can call that possession, I'd like some of what you are smoking.

rcaido

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2if50jos said:
What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

OMG this, i mean the NFL has never sent a letter back saying they made a mistake ever. Refs are always right and people from NY who review are correct too.

People with eyes need to shut up and just go with the flow. Let these amazing refs continue to do their A++ quality of work. Same people need to get over the Stealers Superbowl XL it was called correctly.