We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off

HawkStrong

Reaction score
rcaido":1gghbvyp said:
Hawk-Lock":1gghbvyp said:
What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

OMG this, i mean the NFL has never sent a letter back saying they made a mistake ever. Refs are always right and people from NY who review are correct too.

People with eyes need to shut up and just go with the flow. Let these amazing refs continue to do their A++ quality of work. Same people need to get over the Stealers Superbowl XL it was called correctly.

This one actually WAS called correctly.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
rcaido":29p4cjvk said:
Hawk-Lock":29p4cjvk said:
What I find funny is all the people on here who think they know more about NFL officiating and the rule book than the actual refs and the people in NY who help review the plays. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m going to side with the refs who make a living off these calls than some guy who watched football on his couch.

OMG this, i mean the NFL has never sent a letter back saying they made a mistake ever. Refs are always right and people from NY who review are correct too.

People with eyes need to shut up and just go with the flow. Let these amazing refs continue to do their A++ quality of work. Same people need to get over the Stealers Superbowl XL it was called correctly.

I get your sarcasm that they aren’t the best, but trust me, I’ll take their word over a fan on a Seahawk forum.

cymatica

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3cn23ebx said:
HawkStrong":3cn23ebx said:
scutterhawk":3cn23ebx said:
chris98251":3cn23ebx said:
Metcalf caught the ball and was driving, he had control and possession, the defender was trying to strip it, Metcalf still had possession and had not given it up even if it was with one had all the way to the end zone, if they say the defender had possession when DK had one hand on it, it would have been out of bounds since that is where he would have got possession, still Seattle's ball since he had not re established himself.

Secondly if a receiver can make a one handed catch and score a touchdown with possession how can he not still have possession even if it is with one hand, most running backs carry in one hand, a QB throws with one hand.

^^ This guy gets it ^^ :2thumbs:
It was contested possession, & Refs very well could have signaled a TD...Just like they did with the controversial Golden Tate contested catch against GB.
In this case, Just because the Defender had TWO hands on the ball, it doesn't ensure a strip.

Defender clearly rips possession away, you can see it happen.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/11/12/2 ... -mnf-tartt
Metcalf STILL HAS HIS HAND ON THE BALL AS IT GOES OVER THE GOAL LINE = TD
IF Tartt fumbles the ball AFTER it crosses the Goal Line, how does he claim possession?...…...Because you & Field Gulls say so. LOLOLOL

It's not that me or fieldgoals say so, they actually posted a still frame showing his hand off the ball before the goal line. I guess that's irrelevant because you say so.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":33gynd72 said:
rcaido":33gynd72 said:
Hawk-Lock":33gynd72 said:

I get your sarcasm that they aren’t the best, but trust me, I’ll take their word over a fan on a Seahawk forum.

So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?

HawkStrong

Reaction score
cymatica":3bkpuidk said:
Hawk-Lock":3bkpuidk said:
rcaido":3bkpuidk said:
Hawk-Lock":3bkpuidk said:

So you agree with the call that Wilson was down on that sack where he never stopped moving forward, when they whistled it dead seconds after he escaped? How about the no call on him getting hit when sliding?

Just because they get some calls wrong doesn't mean they don't get others correct. They called DK's fumble correctly.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I am really curious to hear what they tell Pete about the “in the grasp” call. If that play was legitimately dead, why was the earlier play with Russ/Ifedi and the double fumble not also called dead? Russ clearly wasn’t going forward on that play.

Those inconsistencies are what bother me more than anything. I know refs aren’t going to get everything right. It’s impossible. Everything happens in seconds, and they’re human beings. But we see too many instances across the league and within games where plays aren’t consistently called.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
cymatica":yafs82ek said:
Hawk-Lock":yafs82ek said:
rcaido":yafs82ek said:
Hawk-Lock":yafs82ek said:

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
There were several other awful calls throughout the game that frustrated me.

The Metcalf play was not one of those plays. The Niners player made a great play and stripped the ball away before he scored. The end.

chris98251

Reaction score
So if field gulls is always right and is so great why are you here? they are never wrong I bet they all work in a front office, coach and have access to locker rooms, team meetings and a quick dial to Jody's , Pete's and John's private phone.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2nf0jtc3 said:
cymatica":2nf0jtc3 said:
Hawk-Lock":2nf0jtc3 said:
rcaido":2nf0jtc3 said:

Yeah I agree those were awful calls. But I’m not going to act like the only bad plays went against us. Go to the Niners board, they have plenty of calls they are complaining about too. Refs just suck, they don’t call it one sided on purpose. I think some Seahawk fans honestly think that refs call games against us.

That wasn't the point. You stated the officials know more than the guy on his couch. Well there are plenty of guys on the couch and in the stadium that see how bad some of these calls are, frequently the officials throw a flag because they think a penalty had to have happened when it didn't. I don't think any guy on the couch would have whistled Wilson down on that fake sack and almost everyone would have called a foul when 3 guys hit him on a slide. The reviews in New York have made some mistakes as well, overturning calls with insufficient evidence or vis versa.

People on here generally don't act like they know more about the rulebook, they just recognize how bad the games are officiated and like to vent because it happens almost every game.

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":246sh3q6 said:
So if field gulls is always right and is so great why are you here? they are never wrong I bet they all work in a front office, coach and have access to locker rooms, team meetings and a quick dial to Jody's , Pete's and John's private phone.

No one said they are always right, they just happened to post PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF of the play, there's a picture in this thread that shows it. I don't get how you can be so bitter over it and still insist you are right when there is a picture showing possession was lost.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1ygi1enc said:
I listened to Raible and Wyman, synced up radio with tv..... they were pretty critical of refs.

I'd stick ice picks in my ears if I had to listen to Booger and company kiss the refs butts. No thanks.

I'd add one too, when they iced Myers on the last FG, how late did they let SF call that time out? Kind of ridiculous.

Dude how do you do that? I mean I'm in Jersey so I have to watch the game on a delay through Sunday ticket app on PS4. I'm sure I could get a hold of the radio broadcast via the Internet. But like how do you sync it? I'd appreciate it if you PMed me or anyone else is welcome to do so as well

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":29bb77pl said:

Huh, pretty salty. Why is something that frustrates Seahawk fans something you want to throw arrows at? There is really plenty of things to bitch about on this site and this is your splinter in the ass?

How bout this. If the refs were trying to screw us, what would it look like?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I was at the game, and that call on Thorpe for the PF was BULLSHIT. Happened right in front of me; no fair catch, no helmet to helmet. Total BS.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There were NUMEROUS calls that went the Niners way. And hearing that their fans are complaining is laughable.
How many times did Russ go into a slide and get drilled? Or the play where Lockett gets helmet to helmet TWICE and it's not called. Or the obvious facemask on their "touchdown" that they CHOSE to ignore. Everyone saw it.
The in the grasp? Are you kidding me?? He was moving forward. Even the 49er apologist announcers were shocked at that crap call. Next play, on 3rd and very long...…..Nails, suck on that.
The call on the punt was a clear shoulder hit. It was obvious they wanted to keep that game close. Yet another game that the refs impacted the game. It's embarrassing.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2f74sfuf said:
There were NUMEROUS calls that went the Niners way. And hearing that their fans are complaining is laughable.
How many times did Russ go into a slide and get drilled? Or the play where Lockett gets helmet to helmet TWICE and it's not called. Or the obvious facemask on their "touchdown" that they CHOSE to ignore. Everyone saw it.
The in the grasp? Are you kidding me?? He was moving forward. Even the 49er apologist announcers were shocked at that crap call. Next play, on 3rd and very long...…..Nails, suck on that.
The call on the punt was a clear shoulder hit. It was obvious they wanted to keep that game close. Yet another game that the refs impacted the game. It's embarrassing.

All of these are worthy of concern over the reffing but most of the discussion is about the DK thing but that was the right call backed-up by video & photographic evidence. Some just choose to ignore it.

The call that bothered me the most, for some reason, was the penalty for helmet to helmet on Garoppolo after Clowney blew up the play. Even Booger was like WTF was he supposed to do when JimmyG starts going down, then doesn't, putting his head right in the contact zone at the very last possible second.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's so tough for defenders these days. You can't predict when an offensive player may duck his head down at that exact same time. Often you CAN see intent by the defender, but so many times, it's just bad timing.
Shoot, how often does a RB or a WR throw his head down and drill a defender and it doesn't get called? Most of the time imo. Total double standard.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3atmq5l6 said:
Even those "Refs" who make MULTIPLE & egregious MISTAKES in EVERY GAME?....UMM, :roll: OK.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":11opgsmt said:
cymatica":11opgsmt said:
Hawk-Lock":11opgsmt said:
rcaido":11opgsmt said:

XL...…..I rest my case.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's plain as day how bad they are. It's league wide. How does that equate to us knowing more than them??? They are doing a horrific job, and they are way too often ignoring blatant penalties, especially to keep games close. It's ridiculous. Niners fans complaining about calls in this game? That's rich. A few maybe, but it wasn't even in the same stratosphere of how many crap calls were called or NOT called that benefited the home team. Geezus