2014 Summer Transfer Window

Nog

Reaction score
Di Maria is a top notch player. Same level as Ronaldo IMO. I get why Ronaldo and Ramos don't want him to leave.

Nog

Reaction score
It's possible to get around FFP. Actually, teams like United make a ton of money, and the FFP is up to income and outcome. Real Madrid is in the same situation. Teams like Doha Saint-Germain don't have enough income because money come from their owners.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think it was one or the other (but I'm persistently wrong on this stuff so who knows)

I don't know how to feel about this. In one sense: its Mario f---ing Balotelli!!

In the other its: F---ing Mario Balotelli?

I imagine we get a bit if both. But...gives us cover for Studge and a very good striker combo in a 4 diamond 2.

Exciting! Speculative? Could be up there with Chelsea and City....could be a s--- show

I'm in

Smurf

Reaction score
$26 million for super Mario is a friggin steal. Good job Liverpool.

Also hearing Di Maria wants out of Real Madrid and rejected a new contract.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":p0l63f5h said:
Another benefit to signing Super Mario is that he'll wind up the Mancs to no end. Love it!

Deal seems done, btw. Balo announced to Sky Italia that today is his last day as a Milan player, and he's going to play for Liverpool. 20 million Euros, about 16 million quid. Absolute bargain. He's going to terrorize defenses along with Studge, Sterling and Coutinho, and when Lallana and Marko get back....look out. Moreno too. My head is spinning. Is this real life?

Truly shocked by this window... BR and Ayre have done their business.

If the players come good we are in for a fantastic few years. (Balo's only 24!)

Big match on Monday. Its only Matchday 2 but an early season clash of two top 4 (title?) challengers?

Love to see:

Manquillo Lovren Skrtel Moreno
Gerrard
Henderson Coutinho
Sterling Sturridge Lazar

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3qe5qnz6 said:
Fee agreed! If the paperwork gets done in time, he could play on Monday night! Happy days!!!!

get in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYwTKQX1VnI

lets put this bit of business in perspective..

£40m = Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Ballotelli
£42m = Ozil
£43m = Fellaini + Zaha
£50m = Torres
£56m = Soldado + Lamela

Liverpool will pay Balotelli £90,000 a week.
Man United paying Nani £120,000 a week...to play for Sporting Lisbon

Uncle Si

Reaction score
@mephobia8 ·
Liverpool has also made enquiry for Insigne from Napoli on Monday. Clubs are negotiating. Player wants to move as well.

@mephobia8 ·
Benitez wants Lucas and Agger. Insigne is unsettled at Napoli at the moment, Napoli and Liverpool are discussing swap + fee for Insigne.

steady now....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":hmqn1a8t said:
Uncle Si":hmqn1a8t said:
@mephobia8 ·
Liverpool has also made enquiry for Insigne from Napoli on Monday. Clubs are negotiating. Player wants to move as well.

@mephobia8 ·
Benitez wants Lucas and Agger. Insigne is unsettled at Napoli at the moment, Napoli and Liverpool are discussing swap + fee for Insigne.

steady now....

What's the skinny on Insigne? I've not heard of him. Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to Italian footy these days.

he's the Italian Messi... but ofcourse Joe Allen is the Welsh Xavi

he's a Suarez/Alexis/Shaqiri/Raheem type player... can pick the ball up anywhere in an advanced position. attacks with the dribble, smallish in nature but very explosive...

only 23.. Not at the quality of the players I compared him (maybe close to Sterling, without the year of experience) but he'd round the team out for the next few years.

Nog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":s4njnj9m said:
Smurf":s4njnj9m said:
$26 million for super Mario is a friggin steal. Good job Liverpool.

Also hearing Di Maria wants out of Real Madrid and rejected a new contract.

Heard the same about Di Maria. Still reckon he goes to PSG tho. If United manage to get him, it would be a great get, but it'll cost them an assload of money, and there's always that risk that he won't fit with the team or won't fit in the PL. That, and I just don't think he's the type of player United really need that desperately now. The need to solidify that back line, and get some presence in the middle of the park. Just feels like a 'keep the fans happy' signing to me.
No he is not going to Doha Saint-Germain. The qatari team is tie-up by FFP because of David Luiz's transfert :lol: And their fellow president announced that he gave up on Di Maria.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3122cx2p said:
he's the Italian Messi...
Hum I can smell quite of exaggeration right here my friend. I like Insigne a lot, but he has nothing comparable to Messi. I watched some of his games, and I feel like he is more likely a second striker.

Messi is more likely a hybrid player who plays different position: either attacking midfielder or false ten.

Nog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":v38oy5m8 said:
LOL, I guess the hyperbole didn't translate, mon petit amis :)

From what I can gather, this lad is a pacey winger very much in the Sterling mold. Would be a good addition to the squad
Definitely! He is a valuable player no doubt about it.

As for Di Maria, I did read that Blanc has basically said it won't happen for him to go to PSG. Should leave the door open for United, but then I read on two other sites that United aren't even in the running - haven't inquired and haven't made any bids. This past couple of years for United have been nothing short of shambolic when it comes to transfers. What was the story last season where supposedly three imposters went to sign a player and the whole thing was revealed as a hoax? Seriously embarrassing. Then they've moved to deny reports that Reus and Muller turned them down, stating that United never bid for them - which begs the question, why weren't United bidding for them? Nothing about Man United's dealings makes any sense whatsoever. In the past year they've paid over the odds for Fellaini, Mata, Shaw and Herrerra, and the squad is no better than it was last year. Crazy.
I know how embarrassing is United situation. Although they have been deceptive these past years I feel like they would make this happen for several reasons.

Well, Di Maria really want to leave (according to recent reports). As far as I know, United is the only team remained in the sweepstakes. I guess he is heading to Manchester... Unless, a third parties have approached him?? Or simply, he will finally stay in Madrid?

Smurf

Reaction score
Jesus christ United need to sign some players. Like, I've been waiting. I'm not looking for the bandaid fix. I'm looking for players that will improve the club long term. I don't care if you have to buy 15 more Luke Shaw's...That's the type of signing right now. I don't care if we win next season. I want to be set up for the future. Youth is needed.

That being said. I want Di Maria. I want Vidal. I want Song. I want Blind.

IMO, those are a few of the right players to bring in.

and Peaches, I know you're down on Herrera...but He'll come good. He'll be worth it. Give him a little time.

Nog

Reaction score
Smurf":irnhp4sp said:
Jesus christ United need to sign some players. Like, I've been waiting. I'm not looking for the bandaid fix. I'm looking for players that will improve the club long term. I don't care if you have to buy 15 more Luke Shaw's...That's the type of signing right now. I don't care if we win next season. I want to be set up for the future. Youth is needed.

That being said. I want Di Maria. I want Vidal. I want Song. I want Blind.

IMO, those are a few of the right players to bring in.

and Peaches, I know you're down on Herrera...but He'll come good. He'll be worth it. Give him a little time.
:shock:

You want Song???? I wouldn't really pump up if I were Liverpool supports concerning Balotelli, but in this case... Well, I don't know what to say!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":1u7dq7r4 said:
Uncle Si":1u7dq7r4 said:
he's the Italian Messi...
Hum I can smell quite of exaggeration right here my friend. I like Insigne a lot, but he has nothing comparable to Messi. I watched some of his games, and I feel like he is more likely a second striker.

Messi is more likely a hybrid player who plays different position: either attacking midfielder or false ten.

Ive an idea what Mess is...and what Insigne isnt. Just some fun with peaches..

Smurf

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want Song? He's a decent ball winning center mid. Sign him up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":12o129sf said:
Who wouldn't want Song? He's a decent ball winning center mid. Sign him up.
What does Herrera do?

Its like saying "why not sign petr cech?"