Aaron Curry

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I notice he is coaching the line backers on the side lines.

Has he officially been hired?

sutz

Reaction score
Really :?: I don't see him on the list. :229031_shrug:

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... hing-staff

Pete Carroll, Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach

Ken Norton, Jr., Defensive Coordinator

Brian Schottenheimer, Offensive Coordinator

Dave Canales, Quarterbacks

Brennan Carroll, Assistant Offensive Line

Nate Carroll, Wide Receivers

Andre Curtis, Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

Austin Davis, Offensive Assistant

Tom Donatell, Quality Control/Defense

Jethro Franklin, Assistant Defensive Line

Thomas Garcia, Strength & Conditioning Assistant

John Glenn, Linebackers

Clint Hurtt, Assistant Head Coach/Defense

Brad Idzik, Assistant Wide Receivers

Larry Izzo, Assistant Special Teams

Ivan Lewis, Head Strength & Conditioning

Pat McPherson, Tight Ends

Chad Morton, Running Backs

Mark Philipp, Strength & Conditioning Assistant

Pat Ruel, Assistant Offensive Line

Brian Schneider, Special Teams Coordinator

Steve Shimko, Assistant Quarterbacks

Mike Solari, Offensive Line

Nick Sorensen, Secondary

Grant Steen, Strength & Conditioning Assistant

Jamie Yanchar, Strength & Conditioning Assistant

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cyoplasm/status/1155533181543579648[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's crazy how bad he was in the NFL. He was an absolute beast in College. But, we've seen it many times over the years. College domination doesn't always equate to the next level.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Might be doing a coaching internship or something along those lines.

Some of the best coaches are guys who weren't all that as players, so who knows...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
After playing the role of victim and blaming the Seahawks organization for his failed career, I'm shocked and disgusted to see him back here.

sutz

Reaction score
Jerhawk":yboyem2v said:
After playing the role of victim and blaming the Seahawks organization for his failed career, I'm shocked and disgusted to see him back here.
IDK. Carroll is the king of second chances.

McGruff

Reaction score
Either way.

People learn from their mistakes.

The best coaches are often failed players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, just because someone had a crap NFL career, doesn't mean they can't coach. I highly doubt he will be on the staff.

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27pw49ji said:
Yep, just because someone had a crap NFL career, doesn't mean they can't coach. I highly doubt he will be on the staff.

Agreed. But Pete does this stuff. Gives dude chances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. Shoot, he gives a lot of people chances, and sticks up for his players. Yet, guys like Sherm and Earl decide to bash him :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want a former unmotivated player as a coach.
The guy had all of the physical tools to be an All-pro but not the mental capacity and or drive to do so.

I wonder if he has blown thru that 60 million dollars yet?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Unless Curry has been entirely brainwashed and reprogrammed to learn like Bobby Wagner or Lofa I don't want Curry anywhere near the Seahawks in any capacity. I met he and Babs and I swear Jordan was there just to explain the most simple terms in life as if Curry was just learning to be an adult.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1zw5pfxs said:

You sure about that? I remember him publicly saying that he was very selfish during his time here, and that he put his interests above the team. He basically admitted that once he made it to the NFL and got that big payday, he lost all motivation.

olyfan63

Reaction score
sutz":2ge6cn7y said:
Jerhawk":2ge6cn7y said:
IDK. Carroll is the king of second chances.
SoulfishHawk":2ge6cn7y said:
Absolutely. Shoot, he gives a lot of people chances, and sticks up for his players. Yet, guys like Sherm and Earl decide to bash him :roll:
Thepeelsessions":2ge6cn7y said:
Jerhawk":2ge6cn7y said:
You sure about that? I remember him publicly saying that he was very selfish during his time here, and that he put his interests above the team. He basically admitted that once he made it to the NFL and got that big payday, he lost all motivation.

Pete Carroll, the King of Second Chances.
Remember Brian Banks? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Ban ... n_football)

Have to say, that is one thing I LOVE about Pete, as a human being.
People screw up. People change. They get better, they get worse, they have a change of heart.

To me it seems like Pete, to help Curry out, granted a request by Curry to attend practice as part of some kind of coaching internship. Pete could very easily have been bitter, held a grudge, and told Curry to F off. I bet a lot of coaches in this league would have. I mean, this NFL coaching thing is HARD, Pete has a LOT LOT LOT of demands on his time and attention, and he goes out of his way to help out a guy who many people think is undeserving of that help? And it's not like Pete gets anything out of this, short term.

To me, Pete is a coach's coach and loves to teach other guys how to coach well, and does his best to live the example and give back the way mentors like Bill Walsh did for him.

Why did Pete decide to do this for Curry? My guess... Pete wants HIS assistants to be working on their coach-coaching skills, always thinking about how to help other guys coach, instead of *hoarding* their coaching knowledge. It's a mindset that Pete always works to promote. What does Pete get? A coaching staff that shares information and tries to make each other better, and a deeper "bench" of coaches ready to step forward. What do Pete's assistants get? Well, just ask Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn.

Sure, Pete has his flaws, like excessive loyalty to underperforming coaches like Tom Cable, but he does learn. And Pete is nothing if not entertaining.

IMO, Pete and his staff are the BEST in the NFL at coaching young guys up and turning them into NFL players, especially in the secondary.

We may only truly, truly, appreciate Pete Carroll after he has left the Seahawks. Let's enjoy the heck out of having him while we are still blessed.

Latest posts