Anyone else not fear the Falcons?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I fear any of these opponents without Earl. Without him playing center field, our Defense is average. Throw in our inconsistent Offense on top of that. Our Defense was the only thing making the Seahawks an upper-tier team. Now that's out the window.

So yes, I fear the Falcons record-setting Offense against this Defense that has been average for the last month.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sutz":15rae69q said:
FalconsFanNW":15rae69q said:
Hasselbeck":15rae69q said:
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.
Well, we know how the 2013 Broncos ended up. :twisted:
In late October RB Donte Freeman gained only 40 yards on the Hawks D, and RW passed for almost 100 yards more than Ryan.

nash72

Reaction score
Not sure we'll beat Detroit let alone Atlanta. The Falcons are playing better than Seattle in every aspect of the game right now. Its hard to fathom us beating them. I think Atlanta goes to the superbowl personally.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
sutz":ydb5r65l said:

Yep... we do and I knew someone would throw that comment out there. I can respect it... but at the same time, this isn't the same D.

IMHO top 3 of all time.... in no particular order.. .'85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '13 Seahawks.

nash72":ydb5r65l said:
Not sure we'll beat Detroit let alone Atlanta. The Falcons are playing better than Seattle in every aspect of the game right now. Its hard to fathom us beating them. I think Atlanta goes to the superbowl personally.

I've seen quite a few Super Bowl predictions with Atlanta... and all of them have us losing to the Pats.

Gotta love sportswriters.

You know the biggest thing about Quinn that I like... his fired up personality. I saw the locker room video following the Saints game... and watched it alongside a video of Mike Smith's pep talk back in 2014.

You'd have thought Smith was speaking at a funeral... Quinn is just amazing. No surprise the Seahawks D was as beast as it was when he was here.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Cyrus12":mn0v1p1u said:
why are people overlooking the Lions??? one game at a time..
:2thumbs: That is what I have been saying. Not a single thread here talking about the upcoming game on Saturday. The Lions are not a bad team folks. This will be a dogfight.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1cbv8jek said:
sutz":1cbv8jek said:

Yep... we do and I knew someone would throw that comment out there. I can respect it... but at the same time, this isn't the same D.

IMHO top 3 of all time.... in no particular order.. .'85 Bears, '00 Ravens, '13 Seahawks.

nash72":1cbv8jek said:

I've seen quite a few Super Bowl predictions with Atlanta... and all of them have us losing to the Pats.

Gotta love sportswriters.

You know the biggest thing about Quinn that I like... his fired up personality. I saw the locker room video following the Saints game... and watched it alongside a video of Mike Smith's pep talk back in 2014.

You'd have thought Smith was speaking at a funeral... Quinn is just amazing. No surprise the Seahawks D was as beast as it was when he was here.
Still furious that he left. Paul Allen should have offered him insane money to stay.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":tffjaw3g said:
LeftHandSmoke":tffjaw3g said:
A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

Conversely, we had Earl last time...
Yep, No Earl against them is scary!

Seymour

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":13yfvs6k said:
Hasselbeck":13yfvs6k said:
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.

Yep!

43-8

sutz

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2w7v7xjl said:
sutz":2w7v7xjl said:

I know. Just messin' with you. Over here, we all wish we had that D back. Hope we put up a good game against you guys, at least. Well, and hopin' we get there. ;)

RCATES

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1suytgqu said:
LeftHandSmoke":1suytgqu said:
A big difference this time would be in the already-poor Falcons Pass D now missing their best pass defender, Trufant who has been placed on IR.

No fear!

Conversely, we had Earl last time...

But we were without Kam.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
sutz":9le6t49f said:
I know. Just messin' with you. Over here, we all wish we had that D back. Hope we put up a good game against you guys, at least. Well, and hopin' we get there. ;)

Good luck Saturday.

I'm ready to get this party started.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Said this on another thread but its OK to think about the more exciting matchup with Atlanta, it makes me feel better about my team because, if it happens it means we got ourselves a playoff win under our belts and a bit of positivity.

This forum and the sportswriters around the nation have got it pre-determined that:
a) Seattle will beat the Lions at home
b) Seattle will lose to the Falcons away in Atlanta

Which one of those predictions is the more likely? Any given Saturday / Sunday etc etc, but the chances we get a win on Saturday are pretty high (not saying it will be convincing, but lets get the W any way possible)

Atlanta should be favoured in the divisional round against us at home, but honestly people, lets try not to be jumping off the side of a building. The team is an offensive juggernaut, but the defense is mediocre at best at LB, and at corner without Trufant. Vic Beasley rushes the passer well, but I don't see consistent internal pressure which is where our line typically falls apart and gets Russell killed.

On the backend, one Falcons fan mentioned Neal is a mini Kam. I understand Kam helped him train in the off season and he may base his game on Kam, as in he hits hard, but Kam does a whole lot more for this defense than hard hitting. We saw this in the game earlier this year with the miscomms in his absence leading to 2 easy TDs. I've watched Neal with interest this year, as he has the attitude I love from a safety, but there have been more than a few times I've seen him be caught out of position and is not so solid in coverage.

To all Seahawk fans I urge you not to jump off the side of a building, the media narrative will be without Earl, this will be the Falcons game EASILY (revenge for the non call on Julio - please pass me the bucket while I throw up over the injustice of that narrative). IF we get to this game, stay strong, we beat them once, and actually should be healthier this time around (overall). It would undoubtedly be a great spectacle to watch, and in my estimation will be a close shootout right to the very end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It doesn't matter one bit if the fans are talking about Atlanta and/or looking past them. We don't play for the team, it has zero impact on the game. Just sayin

Hawks will have to have their best game of the year to win at Atlanta imo. And they are certainly capable.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2gr9zen3 said:
I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.
I'll discuss the Lions with you when you get your faith back on board,I refuse to wallow in thoughts of losing which depresses me to do that.There are enough people saying we are losing Saturday but if not-Then next week.I am focused on winning till the seasons over.I fear nobody,it's playoff time baby :2thumbs: :icon_new:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hkzraw4 said:
Negativity is a choice. Assuming the worst is a choice.
Ignoring both is a choice

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":1t31l603 said:
Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion..

How is the #2 total offense, #3 passing and #5 rushing one dimensional?

Your entire post is conjecture, homerism and based on emotion with zero facts to back up your statement.

Yes we should fear one of best offenses in the league playing at home after the first round bye we were too terrible to get. It's that simple.