Anyone else not fear the Falcons?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2k1yldkn said:
Seahwkgal":2k1yldkn said:
I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.
I'll discuss the Lions with you when you get your faith back on board,I refuse to wallow in thoughts of losing which depresses me to do that.There are enough people saying we are losing Saturday but if not-Then next week.I am focused on winning till the seasons over.I fear nobody,it's playoff time baby :2thumbs: :icon_new:
I have faith in this franchise, but I have not been happy with their play since the pre-season. The only two games that gave me hope were the Atlanta game and the NE game. What I have faith in is that they are still a relatively young team with a great GM and Head coach. If they lose, I know they will be back in the mix next year or very soon after that. No worries.
Lets face it: We've been spoiled the last 5 years with EPIC franchise history setting football. Much of the NFL fan base envies us. I LOVE the hate. It means we've arrived!! Anyways, no matter what happens I will still have pride to be a 12.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seymour":2ekrgo0d said:
FalconsFanNW":2ekrgo0d said:
Hasselbeck":2ekrgo0d said:
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.

Yep!

43-8

If we had the 2013 defense, we wouldn't be facing the Falcons on the road either.

Lets face it, this defense is closer to 2012 than 2013. And well, we know how that 2012 game went :34853_doh:

No team in the NFC is unbeatable, so saying the Falcons are is wrong.. but to disregard how good they are this year is either blatant homerism or just a lack of knowledge about the Falcons. Their offense is REALLY good. It will take an even better effort than they put forth in Foxboro to beat them IMO.

It's possible, just extremely challenging.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":39vdqnok said:
IndyHawk":39vdqnok said:
Seahwkgal":39vdqnok said:
I am not as confident as you about the Lions game and quite honestly, I do not understand why nobody wants to discuss it(the match-up). The Lions are no pushover right now and I really do not want to talk about Atlanta because that is not who we are playing Saturday.
I'll discuss the Lions with you when you get your faith back on board,I refuse to wallow in thoughts of losing which depresses me to do that.There are enough people saying we are losing Saturday but if not-Then next week.I am focused on winning till the seasons over.I fear nobody,it's playoff time baby :2thumbs: :icon_new:
I have faith in this franchise, but I have not been happy with their play since the pre-season. The only two games that gave me hope were the Atlanta game and the NE game. What I have faith in is that they are still a relatively young team with a great GM and Head coach. If they lose, I know they will be back in the mix next year or very soon after that. No worries.
Lets face it: We've been spoiled the last 5 years with EPIC franchise history setting football. Much of the NFL fan base envies us. I LOVE the hate. It means we've arrived!! Anyways, no matter what happens I will still have pride to be a 12.
I get the spoiled part..I knew with the injuries that have happened all year it wasn't going to be pretty or easy.I hope we rise above the struggle as it makes us stronger..May that time be now :0190l:

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1qrfjdhn said:
Seymour":1qrfjdhn said:
FalconsFanNW":1qrfjdhn said:
Hasselbeck":1qrfjdhn said:
I think not fearing them is foolish. Their defense is suspect, but their offense sure isn't.

Right now Atlanta would be my pick to win the NFC. They're legit.

Yeah ESPN's FPI has us at 45% to win NFC... with Dallas at 32%. For whatever that's worth.

Only four teams in history -- the 2000 Rams, 2011 Saints, 2012 Patriots and 2013 Broncos -- have recorded more yards and points than the 2016 Falcons. The Falcons are one of only 3 teams to score on more than half of their offensive possessions.

Yep!

43-8

If we had the 2013 defense, we wouldn't be facing the Falcons on the road either.

Lets face it, this defense is closer to 2012 than 2013. And well, we know how that 2012 game went :34853_doh:

No team in the NFC is unbeatable, so saying the Falcons are is wrong.. but to disregard how good they are this year is either blatant homerism or just a lack of knowledge about the Falcons. Their offense is REALLY good. It will take an even better effort than they put forth in Foxboro to beat them IMO.

It's possible, just extremely challenging.

I think Atlanta are really good but lets not go crazy. New England haven't lost a game with Brady at QB all year, except to us. We'd need to play really well to get past Atlanta but it would not need to be an effort beyond the Foxborough game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Followthelegion":9743yekn said:
I think Atlanta are really good but lets not go crazy. New England haven't lost a game with Brady at QB all year, except to us. We'd need to play really well to get past Atlanta but it would not need to be an effort beyond the Foxborough game.

With no Earl Thomas, Vic Beasley much improved from the first time we saw him, and a pissed off team that felt they were screwed on a bad call the first time... I strongly disagree. But that's just me. :D

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
@Followthelegion, Sgt. Largent, Hasselbeck,

Very good posts and thanks for the respect.

Plenty here for the Seahawks as well. The D line is much scarier than the secondary for obvious reasons but it would no doubt be a good game.

Hope we get to talk about it this coming week.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
RussB":1l3anyop said:
Overlooking the lions game this weekend but i think seahawks at home arent losing in the playoffs to a team on a 3 game losing streak.

Now to the point, pretty much every seahawks fan on here has been talking about the falcons game which seems like it is a foregone conclusion it will happen at this point. Also lots of ppl on here are acting like the seahawks cant beat the falcons at home and are in over their head basically is the tone im getting. Even on NFL network and ESPN everyone pretty much says hawks have no chance.

I may be just being a homer but i honestly dont really fear them facing the falcons, its a favorable matchup to me honestly do to the last game. If you watch the last game, in the first half the pass rush completely demolished the falcons. They were in over their head. Sure earl wasmaking his fair share of plays but the pass rush was what shut the falcons down. Then in the second half 2 td's that were given up were on blown coverages, they were basically free plays do to miscommunication and are gimme touchdowns.

Other than that the falcons got smashed the entire game. I dont see why everyone fears them so much. Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion. Even without earl this D will still probably contain them and can hold them to alot less points. This is a very close game in my personal opinion and it all just depends on whether the offense and wilson show up.

I think the giants are the worse matchup. That d line is elite. The rest have ok or worse d lines. But the Hawks can beat any team, on any night. I am excited. I don't think the giants get out of lambau, so i like their chances.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2x6uiueq said:
@Followthelegion, Sgt. Largent, Hasselbeck

:2thumbs: Here's hoping you can hold your ATL homerism until then too.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rr1ti9a said:
Followthelegion":2rr1ti9a said:

With no Earl Thomas, Vic Beasley much improved from the first time we saw him, and a pissed off team that felt they were screwed on a bad call the first time... I strongly disagree. But that's just me. :D

No Earl but we get Kam back, plus Wilson being healthier + Bennett for the entire game (and others too - Morgan / Fant springs to mind).

Beasley is the same player as in October, he had a monster game against Denver the week before they played us with 3.5 sacks (most all year). He's the best player on their line, but not a different beast from the first match up, and vs Seattle he had 0 sacks. Just saying :D

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":370tq827 said:
FalconsFanNW":370tq827 said:
@Followthelegion, Sgt. Largent, Hasselbeck

:2thumbs: Here's hoping you can hold your ATL homerism until then too.

Wasn't talking to you but I guess I should have expected your snarky reply. Every post you've made has been like that.

Bash Ryan's 1-4 playoff record all you want. Anyone who is familiar with the games know his performances were acceptable to very good and the defense (or in the case of the NYG game their defense) was to blame for the losses.

There's no homerism in posting stats and facts... and please tell me more about how you aren't worried about the Falcons.

djb28

Reaction score
If we get to Atlanta.
I fear
A slow start. If we can not match their offense ( which we are capable of) We fall behind and can not recover.
I fear not making adjustments . Which goes right back to matching offense and falling behind.
A run game. We can slow them down by running the ball. If we could run..

Yeah, I guess I fear that game. The problems we have had all season can not pop up in the playoffs.
I do not see how we change over night.. Glad we are in it. I have no high expectations.

Surprise me!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2lafeiqw said:
How many times are friggin fans going to bring up officiating?

It's pretty tiring.

Tiring or not, I guarantee you if we take care of business Saturday that call is going to be revisited many times in the Falcons locker room.

Motivation is a very real thing in sports. Not saying a perceived slight equates to an instant loss, but that extra chip on the shoulder certainly doesn't hurt either.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This thread is going to look ridiculous if we can't even beat the lions.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I strongly believe we get a hard fought, high teens-low 20's single digit win vs. DET in this icebox, formerly known as Century Link Field. Due to our DEFENSE.

@ ATL our OFFENSE should be alot more ...comfortable, in the Dome. Comfortable enough to hang with Ryan 'nem? I'll say a prayer...or 12!

#GoHAWKS

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1shiev96 said:
RussB":1shiev96 said:
Matt Ryan's history shows he isnt good in the playoffs and they are very inexperienced and one dimensional in my opinion..

How is the #2 total offense, #3 passing and #5 rushing one dimensional?

Your entire post is conjecture, homerism and based on emotion with zero facts to back up your statement.

Yes we should fear one of best offenses in the league playing at home after the first round bye we were too terrible to get. It's that simple.
One dimensional because their whole sucess depends on if the offense does good, if the offense gets limited they get lost and defense gives points up. Their defense isnt going to win them any games.

As for you saying i have no facts i literally listed a number of facts so ill list them again.

1. Pass rush destroyed them in the first game
2. 2 Td's were basically free plays which probably wont happen again
3.Matt ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs
4. Manhandled them last time

Those are all cold hard facts my friend.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3gnhdgmp said:
LeftHandSmoke":3gnhdgmp said:
Your Falcons are next, your pathetically weak and vulnerable D sucks.

In the mean time? Stick it where the sun don't shine, you are nothing more than a silly troll trying to get attention. See ya later.

... says the guy who is a fan of the team with the pathetically weak offense that couldn't run on a 2-13 team with the worst run D in the league.

Newsflash: you aren't gonna beat Atlanta in their house kicking field goals... and if I wanted attention I can find a whole lot better places than an Internet forum with random strangers.

You mad bro? Nobody cares. I'll be back next week if we have anything to talk about. If we don't I'll come back to troll you... and just you.

Later... and LOL at you editing your post to throw an insult.
And falcons have a pathetically weak defense.

Newsflash:Matty Ice got iced by the LOB last time and probably would again. Your offense can be stopped, once that happens the rails fall off.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
RussB":13vdgoyr said:
Newsflash:Matty Ice got iced by the LOB last time and probably would again. Your offense can be stopped, once that happens the rails fall off.

So come do it in our house. You better hold us to like 13 pts cuz I'm pretty sure Seattle won't score much more than that.

... and for the love of god get off the Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs train. We've been over this.

Loss to GB when the D couldn't force a punt all game
Loss to SF when the D blew a 17 pt lead. Ryan threw 3 TDs and 400 yards with a 115 QBR
Loss to Giants when shut down by the same D that beat Patriots
Loss by 6 points in a wild card game his rookie season

Can we at least talk about his 1 playoff win? Or does it sting too much?

@ the mod who PMed me

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm all for civilized debating and will gladly continue.