Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread ( Seahawks @ Packers)

NJlargent

Reaction score
This defense is about to get lit up but I still would not pay Kam.

Packers 38-20

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ptisme":aojklkze said:
FIrst off, anyone who watches football (especially this past weekend) should know that betting on football is fools money. Secondly, I would never lay that kind of points on the Packers because our idiot DC goes into "prevent" the minute we go up by a touchdown in the third quarter.
So I'll make this bet with you and I'll give you two choices on whichever you decide for the bet(all in fun of course, you're a good guy):
1. Be a man and bet the game straight up, since you predict a Seahawks win. How stupid would I look if the Packers dominate in every conceivable way and win by three touchdowns and have to come on here and gloat while having to don Delisa Lynches' mug...
2. Be a wuss and demand I give the defending NFC champs 23.5 points in prime time, their wheel house:)

Here's the bet: Loser has to change their avatar to whatever the winner decides(in good taste of course, we aren't niner fans here.) Avatar changes remain in effect until noon EST next Sunday.

What say you?

:lol:

Deal. :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Green Bay has done nothing to upgrade their team speed on defense and now are missing their MLB for the year. Yeah, we run wild and keep Erin off the field.

Seahawks 31
Packers 27

Current record: 0-1

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Russell Wilson goes 40-40 for 80 yards passing. Packers defense laughs because they put 5 defenders on he left sideline of the field and 6 defenders on the right sideline. Bevell challenges the defense by throwing to the left sideline because there are only 5 defenders over there. Bevell sits there smug the entire game because he is getting two yards a pop and he can't believe they don't have an equal amount of defenders on each sideline.

Bubble Left, Bevell grins. Bubble Right, Bevell grins. Bubble Left, Bevell grins. Punt Rinse and Repeat.

After Halftime Carroll gets frustrated and tells Bevell he needs to do something else. Bevell agrees that hardly anything has been working. Bevell starts off by doing something the Packers won't expect. He decides to throw a bubble Right first, instead of a bubble left and then follows up with a bubble Right. Neither play produces expected results. Bevell breaks his crayon with frustration and he grinds into his play napkin. 3rd and 10, Bevell calls a play action pass because the defense will bite on the run because they have no idea what is coming next. Offense doesn't execute so punt.

Bevell pulls another crayon from his Seahawks polo because not only does he come with a good offensive game plan but he isn't going to get caught with his pants down by not having another crayola.

Next drive he calls Lynch's number and the O-line drives the defenders 5 yards back into Russell Wilson's hip and Lynch breaks three tackles before he is given the ball, gain of 2. 2nd and 8 and o-line holds long enough for Wilson to hit Graham for a 7 yard gain. 3rd and 1 and we go empty backfield to confuse the Packers defense into trying to figure out how the Seahawks are going to use a running back that isn't there. Packers decide to blitz hoping the invisible back doesn't block any free rushers breaking through the line. The Packers are successful because the half the o-line misses their block and the invisible back doesn't block anyone and Wilson gets sacked 3 steps into his drop.

Lockette runs back a Kickoff and punt for a touchdown. Defense gets a pick six.

Packers 27
Seahawks 24

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xybphln said:
ptisme":1xybphln said:
FIrst off, anyone who watches football (especially this past weekend) should know that betting on football is fools money. Secondly, I would never lay that kind of points on the Packers because our idiot DC goes into "prevent" the minute we go up by a touchdown in the third quarter.
So I'll make this bet with you and I'll give you two choices on whichever you decide for the bet(all in fun of course, you're a good guy):
1. Be a man and bet the game straight up, since you predict a Seahawks win. How stupid would I look if the Packers dominate in every conceivable way and win by three touchdowns and have to come on here and gloat while having to don Delisa Lynches' mug...
2. Be a wuss and demand I give the defending NFC champs 23.5 points in prime time, their wheel house:)

Here's the bet: Loser has to change their avatar to whatever the winner decides(in good taste of course, we aren't niner fans here.) Avatar changes remain in effect until noon EST next Sunday.

What say you?

This might be entertaining. Just keep it acceptable guys.
This intrigues me. Just keep it acceptable guys.

:thcoffee:

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2nm0vduw said:
ptisme":2nm0vduw said:
Packers will be without their second best offensive player and their two best run defenders... Won't matter, game is in prime time at Lambeau.
Aaron Rodgers last interception at home was three years ago.
The Packers last regular season loss at home, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, was over three years ago.
Gonna be a laugher: 37-13 Packers.

Completely agree with those who are snickering at the notion of a blowout win by the Packers.

I'm a teacher, so here's a homework assignment for you -- when was the last time the Seahawks were blown out in a game (a loss by more than 10 points) in the Pete Carroll era? Go ahead, look it up.

The Packers may end up winning, but make no mistake -- it'll be a close one. After allowing 189 yards on the ground to the Bears (a run defense that was suspect to begin with coming in to this season) -- to go in to this one without Barrington and Guion, it's not exactly rocket science what the Hawks game plan is going to be. It's going to be hard for Rodgers and the Pack to score if they can't get on the field.

I'm wagering that classic Carroll Ball control offense ... coupled with a highly motivated bunch that does NOT want to fall to 0-2 will end up powering the Hawks to eek out a victory. I'm going with ...

Seahawks 31
Packers 28
As a teacher, surely you believe there is a first time for everything don't you?

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":6hg6p4g5 said:
ptisme":6hg6p4g5 said:

What say you?

Which one? Number one or number two?

djb28

Reaction score
I think we win this one. I just feel it in my gut. Just like I felt last week in my gut that we would lose. Gotta go with the gut.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ptisme":31kojudc said:
Hasselbeck":31kojudc said:
ptisme":31kojudc said:

What say you?

Straight up/avatar bet is fine. You're overdue for a change anyway. :D

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3q5l0whh said:
Hasselbeck":3q5l0whh said:
ptisme":3q5l0whh said:

What say you?

This intrigues me. Just keep it acceptable guys.

:thcoffee:
That's fair... I won't ask you to use anything disrespectful to your team or in poor taste...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
storm74":2cknbojc said:
Russell Wilson goes 40-40 for 80 yards passing. Packers defense laughs because they put 5 defenders on he left sideline of the field and 6 defenders on the right sideline. Bevell challenges the defense by throwing to the left sideline because there are only 5 defenders over there. Bevell sits there smug the entire game because he is getting two yards a pop and he can't believe they don't have an equal amount of defenders on each sideline.

Bubble Left, Bevell grins. Bubble Right, Bevell grins. Bubble Left, Bevell grins. Punt Rinse and Repeat.

After Halftime Carroll gets frustrated and tells Bevell he needs to do something else. Bevell agrees that hardly anything has been working. Bevell starts off by doing something the Packers won't expect. He decides to throw a bubble Right first, instead of a bubble left and then follows up with a bubble Right. Neither play produces expected results. Bevell breaks his crayon with frustration and he grinds into his play napkin. 3rd and 10, Bevell calls a play action pass because the defense will bite on the run because they have no idea what is coming next. Offense doesn't execute so punt.

Bevell pulls another crayon from his Seahawks polo because not only does he come with a good offensive game plan but he isn't going to get caught with his pants down by not having another crayola.

Next drive he calls Lynch's number and the O-line drives the defenders 5 yards back into Russell Wilson's hip and Lynch breaks three tackles before he is given the ball, gain of 2. 2nd and 8 and o-line holds long enough for Wilson to hit Graham for a 7 yard gain. 3rd and 1 and we go empty backfield to confuse the Packers defense into trying to figure out how the Seahawks are going to use a running back that isn't there. Packers decide to blitz hoping the invisible back doesn't block any free rushers breaking through the line. The Packers are successful because the half the o-line misses their block and the invisible back doesn't block anyone and Wilson gets sacked 3 steps into his drop.

Lockette runs back a Kickoff and punt for a touchdown. Defense gets a pick six.

Packers 27
Seahawks 24
9/10. Would read again. IF you had included a goal line slant to Lockette, you would have had the perfecto.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":56bwpfpx said:
Hawkscanner":56bwpfpx said:
ptisme":56bwpfpx said:
Packers will be without their second best offensive player and their two best run defenders... Won't matter, game is in prime time at Lambeau.
The Packers last regular season loss at home, with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, was over three years ago.

Completely agree with those who are snickering at the notion of a blowout win by the Packers.

I'm a teacher, so here's a homework assignment for you -- when was the last time the Seahawks were blown out in a game (a loss by more than 10 points) in the Pete Carroll era? Go ahead, look it up.

The Packers may end up winning, but make no mistake -- it'll be a close one. After allowing 189 yards on the ground to the Bears (a run defense that was suspect to begin with coming in to this season) -- to go in to this one without Barrington and Guion, it's not exactly rocket science what the Hawks game plan is going to be. It's going to be hard for Rodgers and the Pack to score if they can't get on the field.

I'm wagering that classic Carroll Ball control offense ... coupled with a highly motivated bunch that does NOT want to fall to 0-2 will end up powering the Hawks to eek out a victory. I'm going with ...

Seahawks 31
Packers 28
As a teacher, surely you believe there is a first time for everything don't you?

Sure, after all, this is the NFL where teams blow 19-7 leads and NFC Championships with 4 minutes to go. Brandon Bostick agrees with you. ;)

Slick

Reaction score
NINEster":2lz38h43 said:
I don't like all of these 0-2 predictions..... :mrgreen:

Did one person here even predict the Rams winning in this thread last week?

Yep. And I predict a loss again this week.

Seahawks 17
Packers 31

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gu9map0 said:
ptisme":3gu9map0 said:
Hasselbeck":3gu9map0 said:
ptisme":3gu9map0 said:

What say you?

Straight up/avatar bet is fine. You're overdue for a change anyway. :D
Sounds good....

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1860duyb said:
ptisme":1860duyb said:
Hawkscanner":1860duyb said:
ptisme":1860duyb said:

Seahawks 31
Packers 28

Sure, after all, this is the NFL where teams blow 19-7 leads and NFC Championships with 4 minutes to go. Brandon Bostick agrees with you. ;)
Ouch...

Latest posts