Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

Polaris

Reaction score
As I've said on other threads, I expect a hard fought game decided in the fourth qtr. I feel Seattle is the better and more tested game. Another factor that I don't think has been talked about is rust. Teams that get the week off traditionally don't play their best on the first week. Yes, the week off is can actually be a bad thing in the divisional round even if it's a positive overall. [We've seen it here with Seattle in fact.]

Given all these factors I predict:

Seattle 23
Carolina 17

Largent80

Reaction score
I agree with most of what you said Todd and would add that both sides of the ball have greatly improved since the October meeting.

Too much Hawkas and not enough panther.

Hawks 28
Kitties. 13

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
23-20 Hawks. A little high scoring than most might predict, but I feel we'll just close it out with a 4th quarter field goal.

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm going with 28-17 Hawks

Offensively I think Seattle will be able to put up some points with all the injuries and lack of depth in Carolina's secondary.

Defensively Seattle was without B Wagner, J Hill, F Clark, J Lane, M Burley last game. Lane has been heads and shoulders better then Williams since his return. B Wagner does an excellent job at containing Cam and is our best LB.

Without F Clark and Hill our 3rd down pass rush suffered the last time these 2 teams played. With these guys back our pass rush has been exceptional. Cam passer rating drops significantly when he's under pressure.

The pass rush he will see Sunday will be far better then the one he faced last time Add in the mental pressure on Cam and company to win as others have mentioned. Hawks as a road dog. I love it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Field position is HUGE to our success looking at recent trends. Here's to Lockett having a HUGE day both in returns and receiving.

kf3339

Reaction score
Been thinking about this and I just don't see the game being that close. I see many are calling a close game. We shall see.

Hawks 27
Panthers 12

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahawks slow start is balanced by the Panthers rust of having a week off. Unlike last game where the Panthers were able to come back, the Hawks defense will have them locked down in the second half.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Low Scoring first half and then Seattle takes off late. Lockett and Luke Willson both play huge roles in the win as well.

Seahawks 24
Panthers 13

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
As usual, I'm waiting for the Friday injury report and travel bulletins.

Seafan

Reaction score
The last three playoff games for Russell have been average at best with RW resorting to late game heroics to make them respectable.

Russ, the offense and the special teams need to give the defense a chance. It's really on RW as the undisputed leader of this team. It's time for him to step it up and he will. He can play in the playoffs just like he did in December.

The Hawks will win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":3mbqp1ky said:
As the immortal words of Kurt Russell said in the glorious intro for SBXLVIII:

"This isn't a sight-seeing, we're just happy to get back to the big dance kind of thing for these guys."

No, this is a football team that has been there, has the championship pedigree, experience and talent to get back and win it all, again. It takes grit, staying power, never giving up on one another, playing for your brothers, and yes, sometimes luck, to get to where you want to go. The team standing in their way this week is a team that is a lot like their twin.

The Carolina Panthers are a very good team, and could possibly be the best team in the NFL this year. On the career performance of Cam Newton, the Panthers are riding high and have every reason to feel confident. These two teams play each other very close. It's a heavyweight battle from start to finish. Both sides fans have reason for bravado, but if you're being 100% honest with yourself, you know that when these two teams face each other, it could go either way.

Unless somehow the wheels fall off for either team, I see this going as the way it traditionally goes for these two teams. A close, hard fought battle that won't be decided until the last seconds tick off the clock. I expect a defensive game, with both offenses struggling to find the end zone. This game will likely be decided by that one play where the other team blinks.

Buckle up. This game is why we are football fans.

PS, I chose the Seahawks for two reasons....One, because, DUH, and two because the Panthers have all the pressure to win this game while there is no pressure on the Seahawks to win.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Panthers 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-6
YES!!!!!!!
I'm not going to predict a score because I'm usually wrong, or barely right (see last week).

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'm not gonna get all precise here, I guess for that, refer to my thread in NFL nation, but I think we beat 'em by 10 points, just a feeling, we're gonna win decisively.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1r4xvf0i said:
Errr dammit, looks like I will be the first Debby downer here. I think it will be a defensive slugfest with both offenses struggling throughout, but the Panthers pull away late.

Panthers: 20
Hawks: 17

Hope I'm wrong!

I hope you're wrong too, but the 3 road games in a row, along with that brutal cold last week might be too much for any team to overcome....even this talented one.

Latest posts