Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Fine.

I didn't want to give a score and Hawkscanner pretty much took my preferred prediction. I'll go for the middle ground.

Seahawks 27
Panthers 24

Wilson returns the favor and solidifies his elite status.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I predict another heart attack game. Unfortunately, I think the Achilles heel for most of the losses this year is gonna come back around. Hawks will not be able to get a critical 1st down or two to put the game away in the 4th and the D gives up a very late lead. Gonna be brutal if it plays out this way.

Hawks 17
Panthers 20

niceguy12

Reaction score
Special teams gives us great field position on 2 scoring drives.

Hawks 20
Panthers 16

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2ex8cczu said:
I predict another heart attack game. Unfortunately, I think the Achilles heel for most of the losses this year is gonna come back around. Hawks will not be able to get a critical 1st down or two to put the game away in the 4th and the D gives up a very late lead. Gonna be brutal if it plays out this way.

Hawks 17
Panthers 20
I agree that it's very much possible. Almost happened last week. Hope it doesn't play out that way. A 17 point lead late in the 4th would sure be nice.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I see a defensive/special teams touchdown...
Offense gets it going against their ghost secondary...
The better team wins!

Hawks - 31

Hello Kitties - 20

NJlargent

Reaction score
I have some lingering concerns about the offense we saw last week. To win, I think we need to jump up early and cause Carolina to become uncomfortable and make mistakes. We cannot afford to sleepwalk through the first half like last week because otherwise our defense is going to give up the drive again at the end of the game like last week. Need to get up early.

But it is our house and our rules so Hawks 27 Carolina 24 (we recover an onside kick that doesn't go 10 yards in the final 2 minutes).

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle lost six games this year to teams with worse DVOA than them, which might be tops in the NFL. In fact, given that Seattle has been #1 in DVOA four straight years, they might lead the NFL in "upset losses" the past 4 seasons. This season especially has taught me the value of not being cocky as a fan.

But I will say this, the more I study the matchup, the better I feel about Seattle. The only thing that scares me is the forecast hinting at a cold/wet game. But if the conditions are decent, I do expect Wilson to outpace Cam.

Arizona plays before Seattle does. I'll be rooting like crazy for the Cardinals. I am sick and tired of weather being a worry for the Seahawks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Seahawks 23
Carolina 20

I have a hard time picking against Carolina, who's won a crapload of games to one loss. I also have a hard time picking against the Seahawks who seem to just find a way. I can't foresee either team dominating the other and winning by more than one score.

I think this one goes to OT, the Panthers get the ball and a turnover or stop gives us the game winning FG opportunity.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Prediction from my hometown paper, the Miami Herald:

SEAHAWKS (11-6, No. 6) at PANTHERS (15-1, No. 1)
Line: CAR by 2 ½.
Cote’s pick: SEA 24-20.

“AAWWK!” heralds the Upset Bird. “Wait. Shoot. Keep forgetting I only appear in the regular season. Sorry. Soraawwk!” Carolina is 15-1, home and coming off a bye, while Seattle only advanced last week by the dumb luck of Minnesota’s Blair Witch sorry Blair Walsh missing a 27-yard field goal. So I may be crazy here; NFC No. 1 seeds are 21-4 all-time in this round. It isn’t disrespect toward Carolina. I just think the Seahawks’ defense is a small bit better overall than the Panthers’ and I think Russell Wilson is a small bit better overall than Cam Newton. Experience also colors my pick for these teams’ third playoff meeting. Seattle aims to be only the fourth team ever to make three straight Super Bowl trips, after Green Bay 1965-67, Miami 1971-73 and Buffalo 1991-93. Carolina doesn’t know this stage as well, and Newton has seven turnovers in three career playoff games. “Seahaaawwwk!”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 39545.html

Polaris

Reaction score
francois.nc":vv09j3l3 said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

You do understand that Seattle hasn't lost by more than 10 points in the *entire* Russell Wilson era, right? Certainly all games against Carolina have been either won or close.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":o3uogs94 said:
francois.nc":o3uogs94 said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

You do understand that Seattle hasn't lost by more than 10 points in the *entire* Russell Wilson era, right? Certainly all games against Carolina have been either won or close.
He is a Panthers fan so take that into consideration.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Keyhawk":3la97g20 said:
Prediction from my hometown paper, the Miami Herald:

SEAHAWKS (11-6, No. 6) at PANTHERS (15-1, No. 1)
Line: CAR by 2 ½.
Cote’s pick: SEA 24-20.

“AAWWK!” heralds the Upset Bird. “Wait. Shoot. Keep forgetting I only appear in the regular season. Sorry. Soraawwk!” Carolina is 15-1, home and coming off a bye, while Seattle only advanced last week by the dumb luck of Minnesota’s Blair Witch sorry Blair Walsh missing a 27-yard field goal. So I may be crazy here; NFC No. 1 seeds are 21-4 all-time in this round. It isn’t disrespect toward Carolina. I just think the Seahawks’ defense is a small bit better overall than the Panthers’ and I think Russell Wilson is a small bit better overall than Cam Newton. Experience also colors my pick for these teams’ third playoff meeting. Seattle aims to be only the fourth team ever to make three straight Super Bowl trips, after Green Bay 1965-67, Miami 1971-73 and Buffalo 1991-93. Carolina doesn’t know this stage as well, and Newton has seven turnovers in three career playoff games. “Seahaaawwwk!”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 39545.html
This guy speaks truth. I like him. Like I keep saying....we're coming for you kitties.....meow.;)

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
My heart wants to predict an eleventy billion to 2 affair in favor of the Hawks, but past encounters in Carolina have the brain taking over.

13 - 9 Seahawks!

In a blood bath

Better pack a lunch :thfight7:

Latest posts