Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Keyhawk said:
Prediction from my hometown paper, the Miami Herald:

SEAHAWKS (11-6, No. 6) at PANTHERS (15-1, No. 1)
Line: CAR by 2 ½.
Cote’s pick: SEA 24-20.

The line is down to CAR by 1.5. The bettors are leaning our direction.

Polaris

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ylwyr4t said:
Keyhawk":1ylwyr4t said:
Prediction from my hometown paper, the Miami Herald:

SEAHAWKS (11-6, No. 6) at PANTHERS (15-1, No. 1)
Line: CAR by 2 ½.
Cote’s pick: SEA 24-20.

The line is down to CAR by 1.5. The bettors are leaning our direction.

This doesn't surprise me. That said, I expect the line to go up in the next 24 hours. Why?

Up until now the smart money is being bet on Seattle. They can read DVOA as well as we can and know just how close this game is liable to be. If any road team is likely to win this weekend it's Seattle (because KC's injury situation is suddenly problematic). The wise-guys know this.

However the 'street' money doesn't know all this, and as such I expect a surge of public Carolina money to come in as the game approaches.

Rob12

Reaction score
Haven't done this for a while, but I'm predicting a commanding Seahawks win that wakes the rest of the league back up to who is actually the top dogs in the NFC.

Seahawks 34
Panthers 20

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Just saw the thread on Lynch's text. I'd been thinking about a 24 - 20 Hawks win, but now I'll go with the Hawks taking it 30 - 20 . Not that they need it, but I think having Beast on the field will bring more aggression to the offense. After watching this game, Carson Palmer will be wearing a diaper all week.

Rob12

Reaction score
They do need Beast. They can win without him, but they do need him. They feed off of this man's personality. Even if he has 20 carries for 50 yards, they will be 50 tough yards. And the threat of him will always be there. C-Mike has filled in very admirably, and I think it's awesome that he's back in a Hawks uniform and possibly a part of our future. But having Beast has more ramifications than what happens on the field. He's the attitude, and at times the heart beat of this team, and I don't think that should ever be discounted.

Hell, they'll win if for him just so he can keep playing.

francois.nc

Reaction score
Polaris":1yylocwk said:
francois.nc":1yylocwk said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

You do understand that Seattle hasn't lost by more than 10 points in the *entire* Russell Wilson era, right? Certainly all games against Carolina have been either won or close.

Yep, I just think the streak is broken this weekend.

You guys are great, I just think it is our time, the game should great.

I just think we pull away late, something like a pick 6 deep in our territory as you drive to tie it just like you had last year to end the game and make the margin much bigger than reality.

Polaris

Reaction score
francois.nc":23hlq0ci said:
Polaris":23hlq0ci said:
francois.nc":23hlq0ci said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

You do understand that Seattle hasn't lost by more than 10 points in the *entire* Russell Wilson era, right? Certainly all games against Carolina have been either won or close.

I just think we pull away late, something like a pick 6 deep in our territory as you drive to tie it just like you had last year to end the game and make the margin much bigger than reality.

I think you're going to be disappointed then. I also think it's illogical to predict something that hasn't happened for a very long time (it's not luck).

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
francois.nc":321k8wdn said:
Polaris":321k8wdn said:
francois.nc":321k8wdn said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

I never realized there were so many Panther fans from Flint, Michigan.
The water you're making your Kool-Aid with is warping your mind.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
francois.nc":3ic4k2gu said:
Polaris":3ic4k2gu said:
francois.nc":3ic4k2gu said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

Boss, de plane, de plane!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawks come out on fire and put up four touchdowns in the first half.

Seattle 41
Carolina 27

Attachments

• happy pug.jpg
    happy pug.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 444

Pound th' Rock

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":23nugyia said:
Seattle 38
Carolina 24

I think it will look even more dominant than that score.

Does it hurt more to lose like this, being dominated by a better team? or lose a nail biter with our own errors?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Pound th' Rock":nu660lba said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":nu660lba said:
Seattle 38
Carolina 24

I think it will look even more dominant than that score.

Does it hurt more to lose like this, being dominated by a better team? or lose a nail biter with our own errors?
It's only painful if they lose a game they have zero control over results. Like XL. This game is in the well deserved department.

francois.nc

Reaction score
francois.nc":9bw5fue7 said:
Panthers 31
Seahawks 17

Great comeback guys, had me feeling nervous, since we had blown so many leads this year.

I got the 31 right though

Latest posts