ATL opens as a 3.5 point favorite.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
treefidy":2v47cah4 said:
CodeWarrior":2v47cah4 said:
At least we have one.

Yeah I keep hearing that...

Like the Falcons don't have a fan base...

Yet the Falcons forums are much larger.

Probably because the Seahawks will go the way of the Sonics once the team gets back to it's usual losing ways.

troll-6.jpg

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1mqwr4vs said:
But what about the other games? I think it's safe to say he played pretty poorly in his first three playoff games. I will give him a slight pass on his first playoff game as he was a rookie that season.

GB was on fire... put up 48 pts and didn't punt all game. Won XLV.
NYG was on fire... shut out our offense. Ryan had 0 TD 0 INT. NYG won XLVI beating Brady.

Atlanta ran into 2 hot teams that won it all? Oh well?

Thanks for the pass on the Cardinals game. 30-24 loss on road in rookie season. SF game he did more than enough to win. There ya have it folks... his 4 playoff losses.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
pcbball12":3b5cuuoy said:
treefidy":3b5cuuoy said:
Probably because the Seahawks will go the way of the Sonics once the team gets back to it's usual losing ways.
Coming from a fan of a team that makes the playoffs once every 5 years or so. Comical.

Because we made it 4 out of 5 years and then went into rebuild mode the last 4?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I think it is a fair line.

I think Vegas is a bit bearish on Atlanta only because they haven't really beat a good team since Green Bay and though they have blown teams out in the past 2 months, those teams have been the Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, and Panthers. The Chiefs beat them at home and they lost to the Eagles on the road. I can't say they have had a murder's row but have done better against those teams during that stretch than the Hawks which is the reason for the line.

Saying that they should blow the Seahawks out is a bit preposterous as the Seahawks are much better than all of those teams. The Seattle road record is also an issue but they definitely play better in domes than grass so I think that is less of a factor than people are going to make it. I don't think this is going to be a repeat of the Green Bay game for Atlanta no matter how much Atlanta fans think it will.

I think the front-7 will be the best Atlanta has faced in some time and our linebackers are athletic enough to match up with their running backs who account for about 25% of the receiving yards. Obviously Sherman and Jones will be the other featured match-up.

The Atlanta defense is 27th in dvoa with an average run defense and a below average pass defense. The Seahawks offense has been mediocre this year, but was top-10 the past 4 years so I would say it has a much higher ceiling in this game than the Atlanta defense.

I see this game having a similar feeling as the game 4 years ago and it will come down to the final drive in one way or another.

pcbball12

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3ovusxnl said:
pcbball12":3ovusxnl said:
treefidy":3ovusxnl said:
Coming from a fan of a team that makes the playoffs once every 5 years or so. Comical.

Because we made it 4 out of 5 years and then went into rebuild mode the last 4?
It seems to be your franchises pattern. Go to the playoffs for a few years, rebuild, no playoffs for 4 or 5 years. Then playoffs for a few more years, rebuild....wash rinse repeat.

Foghawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3p058fes said:
Foghawk":3p058fes said:
Fair points. So how's the Falcon's defense looking at the moment?

A lot better since the bye week.

Beasley led the NFL in sacks. We have a pass rusher that we haven't had before.

Our D isn't our strength and nobody says it is. What we do have is an offense that scores quick and often... forcing other teams into throw mode. That's why Atlanta had 307 rushing attempts against all season... one of the lowest in the league.

There are no lights out defenses in the playoffs this year. We have every reason to be confident.

Beasley certainly needs to be accounted for from the little I've seen of him.

Key for the Hawks defense will be the pass rush, going to need to make Ryan uncomfortable back there.

treefidy

Reaction score
pcbball12":2z211t1y said:

Says the fan of the team who was no different than us 5 years ago...

pcbball12

Reaction score
treefidy":1sv2gfbh said:
pcbball12":1sv2gfbh said:

Except from 2000-2010 we made the playoffs 6 times with a SB appearance. So, we have been relevant pretty much the last 17 years. I know that is probably longer than you have been following football so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

pcbball12

Reaction score
pcbball12":28le0acx said:
treefidy":28le0acx said:
pcbball12":28le0acx said:

Except from 2000-2010 we made the playoffs 6 times with a SB appearance. So, we have been relevant pretty much the last 17 years. I know that is probably longer than you have been following football so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

From 89-98 was pretty miserable for us. But, people acting like these last 5 years are the only years the Seahawks have been relevant are misinformed. Had a good run under Holmgren in the 2000's. Missed the playoffs in 08 and 09. Pete got here in 2010 and since he has been here we have missed the playoffs one time. With Tavaris Jackson under center.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pcbball12":2t0ijgri said:
treefidy":2t0ijgri said:
pcbball12":2t0ijgri said:

Or longer than he has been alive more specifically.

I've seen middle school students make better arguments.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":374c8vaw said:
Followthelegion":374c8vaw said:
I get rose tinted lenses as much as the next fan, I mean most of us on here give us a good shot at winning even without Earl.

So I would expect Atlanta fans to be confident, they should be. But all the chat at the moment has not been 'we're going to win', its "we are going to beat you guys down, ass-whoopin". Really, expecting a 20-30 point win? Nothing but trying to stir on an opposition's board.

Rather hollow victory for us if the Falcons win by a score and then we get to say 'I told you so'.

I've never used the word ass and I've never used the word whoopin. All I've said is Atlanta wins.

I've also never said playoff experience didn't mean anything.

What I have said is history doesn't mean anything... but if you wanna throw out the fact Atlanta hasn't won a Super Bowl can I throw out the fact that Seattle hasn't won a road divisional playoff game since 1983 and the only times they've EVER made Super Bowl was as the #1 seed?

Talk to your buddy trefiddy about those comments

I remember all you guys here a few months ago. And then y'all disappeared. More of the same this weekend.

Tough lessons to learn

Rat

Reaction score
Surprised the line isn't higher. That's basically saying the Falcons are just a slight favorite on a neutral field. We have a big advantage in regards to playoff experience, but with them playing at home and playing MUCH better than us as of late, I was expecting the line to be in the 5-7 range.

Should be a good game, but I thought the Lions one was a toss-up too. I never know what to expect of this team anymore.

treefidy

Reaction score
pcbball12":ao7u9g11 said:

And from 2002-2012 we made the playoffs 6 times with a NFCCG appearance...

So I guess you haven't been following football either.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy and his 350 reasons why Atlanta is the best ever is back this week eh? Sweet, we needed some comedy back in here.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":16odlybt said:
Surprised the line isn't higher. That's basically saying the Falcons are just a slight favorite on a neutral field. We have a big advantage in regards to playoff experience, but with them playing at home and playing MUCH better than us as of late, I was expecting the line to be in the 5-7 range.

Should be a good game, but I thought the Lions one was a toss-up too. I never know what to expect of this team anymore.

I can't for the life of me figure why anybody thinks Atlanta is a better team.

Basically the same record, won head to head...the line should be 3-4 to account for home field. Not a surprise at all.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
If I'm being honest I expect to lose. That said, I do take comfort in knowing that we beat them without Frank Clark, Michael Bennett, and Kam in the last matchup. Should be a good game. That defense is beatable, thats for sure.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":4v3202q8 said:
Rat":4v3202q8 said:

I can't for the life of me figure why anybody thinks Atlanta is a better team.

Basically the same record, won head to head...the line should be 3-4 to account for home field. Not a surprise at all.

I didn't say Atlanta was better, I said they've been playing better. If we were guaranteed to be getting both teams healthy and at their best, my money would definitely be on Seattle.

TexasHawk95

Reaction score
Wenhawk":18o0w7fy said:
If we hadn't won because of a questionable call vs Atlanta I think this game would be a little easier for us. I'm sure their coaches and players didn't forget and might add a little extra motivation for them.

I'm glad we still have some players from the 2012 team who should be able to summon up the feeling of losing a Divisional game at Atlanta. That was such an amazing rally we had in the 2nd half only to have our defense give up chuck yards and a long field goal within the last few seconds of the game.

Seattle is the better team on paper, the better coached team, and the more experienced playoff team. I consider Julio Jones the best player between these two teams, fortunately we have Sherman who can limit one of the NFL's best WR's. This game will be fun and if the Hawks show up and play well in all 3 phases we will take this one.

I think Avril, Graham, and Hester are going to have memorable games.
A spot in the conference championship game is on the line. If a group of players isn't motivated by that alone, they don't belong there anyway.

Latest posts