Beast has got to stop...

kidhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":ybgd8xnk said:
This is the only part I care about. I don't care that he does it, except if it draws a flag. I would not be at all surprised if it does one day, particularly since the league seems to have a particular bent against Marshawn (which he has played into, to be fair).

The league needs to regulate the game equally across the board. I know the rule exists that they could keep Lynch off the field for that uniform violation, but I've never seen that rule enforced. Every time I've seen or heard about uniform violations they just resulted in a fine. The fact that they pick on a guy because he doesn't play ball with them and does things his way is a ridiculous action by the league. They need to treat each infraction equally across the league no matter how they may feel about a particular player.

hawk45

Reaction score
OP making a point of concern about potentially getting a predictable penalty in a critical game situation which it seems is being deliberately ignored in favor of the more satisfying (I guess?) Lynch vs. the Man discussion.

I will be disappointed if Lynch elects to risk hurting the team on the field, I don't care how unreasonable the rule is felt to be. This team gets enough sloppy penalties from actual football mistakes that they don't need to go seeking other ways to give a game away.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
All this pearl-clutching going on about a man's crotch, and it's 100% ersatz. I'm guessing that no member of the viewing public called the FCC or NFL offices to complain after Sunday's game. The replay barely caught Marshawn Lynch's "adjustment." I had to look two times at the replay after I'd read that it was there. You've got grown men trying to knock each other out on the field while playing for a league that tried to cover up facts about their brain injuries. A league that sold VHS tapes about the hardest of these hits. A brief tug, along with the color of a man's shoes, is what passes for controversy? A suspendable offense?

If you'll recall, there was not a peep after the Beastquake crotch-grab - even though everyone saw it. There was no public outcry, no children whisked from the monitor. My guess is that most people who saw it thought, "well, the man deserves a victory pose after something like that." What has changed in the past few years?

Ostensibly, the difference is that ESPN and other bleeding/leading controversy hounds, spurned by Marshawn's silence, now have an axe to grind, and the memes drop in succession: Marshawn = standoffish clod. Marshawn = mental case. Marshawn = thug. In coded language, of course. Even so, pretty ugly stuff.

If this was a legitimate issue of puritans getting rankled, that would be silly enough. This is not that. This is low-level media revenge, and I say that as someone who stinted as a sportswriter. No wonder Marshawn prefers silence to prattle.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I like Lynch. I generally agree with people on the stupid celebration rules and things like that.

But that's honestly one of the lamest, most retarded things I've ever seen athletes do as a celebration.

I know some people will love it cause he's their guy and all, and that's fine, but it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen an athlete do as a celebration.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I mean, it's happening right now. Look at this malarkey:

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS · 21h 21 hours ago
Lost in Packers loss was how they got a taunting penalty when point blank for TD and Lunch gets nothing for worse

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 22h 22 hours ago
Think about that: Marshawn Lynch risked 15 yards of field position in a key moment of the game, all so that he could grab his own junk.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If touching your crotch deserves a penalty, might as well lock me up and throw away the key.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3ocmzfmq said:
If you'll recall, there was not a peep after the Beastquake crotch-grab - even though everyone saw it. There was no public outcry, no children whisked from the monitor. My guess is that most people who saw it thought, "well, the man deserves a victory pose after something like that." What has changed in the past few years?.

Like everything the NFL does, it's reactionary and not proactive.

The NFL doesn't give a rat's ass about steroids, concussions, player retirement and health care, spousal abuse or crotch grabbing................until it's brought to light and reflects negatively on "The Shield."

Now the media and public are onto what Lynch is doing, and what it means "Hold ma d*&!." Thus now the league cares.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":2z1ujeni said:
I like Lynch. I generally agree with people on the stupid celebration rules and things like that.

But that's honestly one of the lamest, most retarded things I've ever seen athletes do as a celebration.

I know some people will love it cause he's their guy and all, and that's fine, but it's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen an athlete do as a celebration.

Yet does what Marshawn did 1) yesterday - barely - after his go-ahead run, 2) on the sidelines during the NFCDC-game-sealing Chancellor interception, or 3 & 4) either of the game-sealing Beastquake runs actually offend you, though? Would you suspend Marshawn for the Super Bowl, as has been suggested by members of the media?

bandiger

Reaction score
fenderbender123":6oqprh7v said:
If touching your crotch deserves a penalty, might as well lock me up and throw away the key.

I'm sure the NFL is gonna make the refs look for it, I'm glad they ignored it during the 2pt conversion.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to toss this out there, just because I think there may be a few that might agree.

Now, I'm the first-born, of the first-born, of the first-born, and that means there were a whole bunch of parents and grandparents sitting at the thanksgiving dinner table, and for a good period of time, sitting down with us every night. Needless to say "...the way things used to be.." has come at me all of my life. My grandmother is still kicking ass at 84, and watches the Hawks like a woman possessed. I talk to her by phone about once a month now, and the last time was about an hour after gametime.

The first thing out of her mouth on Sunday was, "Did you see that #24 grab his man-parts again? I wish I didn't have to see that!"

So Marshawn, please. For my grandma's sake, just stop. Just because you can find it on TV and even more on the internet, that doesn't mean it has to be found on the football field.

Why? Because that's the way it used to be.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":25o9g2jv said:
BraveHeartFan":25o9g2jv said:

Yet does what Marshawn did 1) yesterday - barely - after his go-ahead run, 2) on the sidelines during the NFCDC-game-sealing Chancellor interception, or 3 & 4) either of the game-sealing Beastquake runs actually offend you, though? Would you suspend Marshawn for the Super Bowl, as has been suggested by members of the media?

I'm not offended at all.

It's just stupid.

And no I would never suspend a player for a celebration. That to me is extreme over-reaction and just as dumb as the dumb celebration.

If they fined him or penalized him during the game he did it in I wouldn't be upset about it, or any player who does something like that for that matter.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Pardon my bristling at this matter, but this mess has been building on Marshawn for about a full year. It went from a joke to an eye-roll to, eventually, my shoulder-chip hitting the floor.

The thing is: this is not done. Things will get worse. One of the great RBs in this league might feel the need to retire early and on his own terms due to levied League pressure. That's sad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39oywwkx said:
Seriously, he's a bad influence.

Now when I tell my daughter to go to bed, she runs, jumps and grabs her crotch before hitting the mattress. Thanks Marshawn!
You say this........ Now look at your avatar.

Hypocrite much?

How are you going to explain your avatar to your daughter when she asks "Daddy, why did that man take off his pants in that picture?"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":el3r5ooe said:
How are you going to explain your avatar to your daughter when she asks "Daddy, why did that man take off his pants in that picture?"

I told her she won't understand until she gets married and realizes that men are just children trapped in adult bodies.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
when arod played for texas, we used to count out very loud how many times he grabed is balls during an inning. we were close enough above the visiting dugout here in toronto to heckle him about how many times that inning...you could see him actually try to control it after a while.

in this case, it would have been bad to have gotten a taunting penalty when they needed the 2 points.

A

Anonymous

YYZHawksFan":2hfphn4y said:
When A-Rod played for Texas, we used to count out very loud how many times he grabbed is balls during an inning. We were close enough above the visiting dugout here in Toronto to heckle him about how many times that inning...you could see him actually try to control it after a while.

In this case, it would have been bad to have gotten a taunting penalty when they needed the 2 points.

FIFY

YYZ, for the love of everything sacred, capital letters.

:roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17tblgmh said:
Sports Hernia":17tblgmh said:

I told her she won't understand until she gets married and realizes that men are just children trapped in adult bodies.
But yet you cannot explain away a Beastmode crotchgrab????

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":22qmen9o said:
YYZHawksFan":22qmen9o said:
When A-Rod played for Texas, we used to count out very loud how many times he grabbed is balls during an inning. We were close enough above the visiting dugout here in Toronto to heckle him about how many times that inning...you could see him actually try to control it after a while.

In this case, it would have been bad to have gotten a taunting penalty when they needed the 2 points.

FIFY

YYZ, for the love of everything sacred, capital letters.

:roll:

I know...I am too used to something auto correcting....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2o117zc0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2o117zc0 said:
Seriously, he's a bad influence.

Now when I tell my daughter to go to bed, she runs, jumps and grabs her crotch before hitting the mattress. Thanks Marshawn!
You say this........ Now look at your avatar.

Hypocrite much?

Whoooooooooooosh.