• Michael Bennett

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Brandon Mebane

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Looking back at the LOB (primarily the Seahawks defense as a whole), who in your opinion was the absolute best player overall in the LOB?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This was a damn hard poll to answer but ultimately I went with Sherman mainly because he was such a voice, such a force, such a shut down corner to the point where he literally removed half the field as an option for opponents. And of course, his finest moment, The Tip.

You can certainly state your case for most of those players (Browner not as much), but I have to go with Sherm. Kam a very close second. But Wags? ET??

Tough poll man.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
My heart wanted Kam because he brought the BOOM and like Aros said you really can make a case for any of the major players. But my mind went to Wagner. Even though he didn't make the splash plays and headlines like Sherman, I think he was the most consistent play after play, game after game, year after year. Again speaking to his prime years, he also brought the boom, pass coverage, interceptions, tackles galore. I think he was a silent leader before he became the vocal leader. Thats where my vote went, but I'm glad this is a tough poll. Just shows how amazing all these guys were.

JPatera76

Reaction score
LOB started with their 4 DB’s and their physical style. That said, Kam laid the hammer and out fear in any WR coming in his direction.
I still remember the playoffs when he had “I’m Jimmy Graham” running AWAY from him in the wrong direction to avoid getting hit and still got leveled

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hate to say this because he’s driven me nuts the past few years but I think it’s Sherman. His advanced stats for a 3-4 year period are as good as anyone in history. He was so dominant. I think Earl is the closest and then there is a decent size drop. Kam is my favorite player though

calinator

Reaction score
I'm surprised Kam is getting so many votes. I love the guy and am not trying to hate but was he really that good in coverage? Earl seemed like he was out of position sometimes. For me it's Sherman. He had a lot of INT's and was still the least targeted CB, he had great hands being a WR before and it was very dangerous to throw his way. Sherm is an absolute lockdown corner, I remember that pick he had running to the back of the endzone against Rodgers in the NFC champ game.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I voted for Kam. Remember when he held out for a few weeks and the defense didn't look the same? I remember it because I figured it was mostly Earl, Sherman and Wagner who were the directors of what to do. After a couple games I'm pretty sure all of us wanted Kam back lol.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Kam.

It was always Kam that receivers and tight ends didn’t want to challenge.

You can say that QB’s wanted to test Earl.

Receivers wanted to challenge Sherm.

But no player openly wanted any smoke with Kam Chancellor.

Kam would routinely destroy offensive lineman if he was in the box.

Nobody wanted to try Kam Chancellor.

Just ask Vernon Davis how that went.

DJrmb

Reaction score
For me I thought about who if you plucked out and put on another team would have the most success. That player in my opinion is Richard Sherman. Bobby was a close second. Maybe I am biased because we saw those two move onto other teams and continue to play at a high level... but to me the other guys were more the right pieces here rather than the singular most talented players.

The most important player to the LOB's success though was Kam Chancellor.

Great poll!