• Michael Bennett

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Brandon Mebane

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawkpride

Reaction score
Kam without a doubt. He brought the BOOM to the LOB. I don't remember the game, but he took out 3 defenders along the sideline by himself.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m not going to vote because IMO they were all exceptionally good at what they did/were.

I certainly had my favorites but it’s almost impossible to say Sherm was better than Mike B. because it’s not apples to apples.

I think Earl was a generational talent, I think Kam had a passion/fire that we may never see again.

Sherm had an abrasive/polarizing persona but had the skills to back it up, much like Mohamad Ali.

Bottom line for me is, they were all great in their own way, and it’s the sum of the ingredients that made the LOB great and arguably right up there with the Bears and Ravens defenses.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The day Kam went down and was pounding the field, you just
knew it was the end of the LOB.
I believe he was the one that made the most impact all over.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tough question, they all brought a certain something to the defense and excelled in their role. Kam was what Pete hoped Jamal could become, rangy safety that run fits and blitzes like a linebacker. Sherm quite literally caused half of the football field to not be used. Overall though I'd have to say Earl. I think I've heard more former players, specifically defensive players around the league say Earl is right in the same tier as Ed Reed. He flat out covered 2/3's of the field every single down of every single game while never allowing deep passes. The defense Pete ran doesn't work without him covering sideline to sideline.

getnasty

Reaction score
Kinda of weird I only consider LOB to be Kam, Earl, Sherm, Browner/Maxwell basically the secondary during that era.

With that said Earl, Sherm and Kam were all amazing and complimented each other perfectly. However Earl made it all work, had he not did what he did in Dallas(both times) I don't think this is even a close call. Sherm was 2nd followed by Kam.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I voted for Kam. Remember when he held out for a few weeks and the defense didn't look the same? I remember it because I figured it was mostly Earl, Sherman and Wagner who were the directors of what to do. After a couple games I'm pretty sure all of us wanted Kam back lol.
Yup, I remember that Rams game. I specifically remember the safety they had in Kam's place tripped while trying to make a play which resulted in a game-winning TD for the Rams. 😒

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Kam.

It was always Kam that receivers and tight ends didn’t want to challenge.

You can say that QB’s wanted to test Earl.

Receivers wanted to challenge Sherm.

But no player openly wanted any smoke with Kam Chancellor.

Kam would routinely destroy offensive lineman if he was in the box.

Nobody wanted to try Kam Chancellor.

Just ask Vernon Davis how that went.

Was Browner any different though? He just didn't play with the Hawks long enough.

morgulon1

Reaction score
My heart wanted Kam because he brought the BOOM and like Aros said you really can make a case for any of the major players. But my mind went to Wagner. Even though he didn't make the splash plays and headlines like Sherman, I think he was the most consistent play after play, game after game, year after year. Again speaking to his prime years, he also brought the boom, pass coverage, interceptions, tackles galore. I think he was a silent leader before he became the vocal leader. Thats where my vote went, but I'm glad this is a tough poll. Just shows how amazing all these guys were.
I instinctively picked Wagner because of the position he played but also because of the longevity of his level of play.
He wasn't vocal but was the QB of the Legion well past the time anyone else was here.

He's STILL here 😂😂

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nobody else with serious love for Cliff?
Regarding Cliff Avril's value to the Seahawks D, it wasn't until after Avril went down with a concussion in SB49 that Brady and the New England offense started to have consistent success.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
I am going to ignore the votes for Avril and Bennett, and point out that of the other four that have garnered votes, three of them were here in 2011 when we were seventh in points allowed and ninth in yards allowed. It wasn't until we replaced David Hawthorne (who was a good middle linebacker) with one of the top five middle linebackers in the history of the NFL that we became the dominant defense that will be talked about for decades. Bobby Wagner was the best member of the LOB.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m absolutely shocked at the results. I don’t mean that in negative way I just would’ve guessed Kam finishes 3rd after Earl and Sherman when we say “best”. Interesting discussion.

BASF

Reaction score
Nobody else for Cliff?
Regarding Cliff Avril's value to the Seahawks D, it wasn't until after Avril was deliberately injured with a concussion by a dirty forearm shot to the head by their fullback in SB49 that Brady and the New England offense started to have consistent success.
Fixed it for you