Cal @ Washington

HawkWow

Reaction score

Says the team wearing purple...[/quote]

I associate the color purple with royalty. A military guy would likely associate it with valor. I assume you associate it with something else? I guess it comes down to where a person's head is at.

Throwdown

Reaction score
dutchcoug":3fvn9q1a said:
Says the team wearing purple...

Awwww it's so nice to see you kitten fans puff your chest out because of your below average team, welcome back to the party guys, back to where you belong, right behind the Ducks & Dawgs as the NCAA teams in the Northwest that people care about.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":3gdqpg63 said:
dutchcoug":3gdqpg63 said:

Awwww it's so nice to see you kitten fans puff your chest out because of your below average team, welcome back to the party guys, back to where you belong, right behind the Ducks & Dawgs as the NCAA teams in the Northwest that people care about.

Don't forget the Beavs (Who I think will beat the Dawgs and Cougs). And Eastern Washington, who beat the Beavs..

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18sl1yzj said:
Throwdown":18sl1yzj said:
dutchcoug":18sl1yzj said:

Don't forget the Beavs (Who I think will beat the Dawgs and Cougs). And Eastern Washington, who beat the Beavs..

I was just saying the cougs were third, behind them are the beavers, the EWU and somewhere down the line you got Central Washington and then Portland State.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
That's where I disagree: I'd go... Ducks, Beavers, Huskies, Bellevue High School, EWU, WSU.

(actually to be honest I think the Cougs have a really good chance of winning the Apple Cup this year. They're going to throw the ball 80 times and i'm not sold on UW's pass rush or pass defense)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Coming off a likely loss in LA, we'll see how badly the team wants Sark as their future coach when we pull into Corvallis. A win there likely gives Sark his dream target of 8 wins going into the post-season.

I am as hard on Sark as anyone. A great guy but that obviously doesn't translate to discipline or Ws. The only way I can accept a returning Sark would be for us to win out, including our bowl. A 10 win season and I ST*U for another off-season. That doesn't mean I like the offense we're running, or the color we're wearing, but it's hard to argue in the face of 10 Ws.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've not yet dug into the box scores, so JSea....I solicit your un-biased opinion: Do you feel the Dawgs gave UO a bigger test, or did UCLA? You can do this.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":fhbcg34d said:
I've not yet dug into the box scores, so JSea....I solicit your un-biased opinion: Do you feel the Dawgs gave UO a bigger test, or did UCLA? You can do this.

Well, not basing it off of stats or anything, just how I felt during the game: Even though it was closer late in the game, I never felt concerned during the UW game, I always felt like the Ducks were going to win. There were times in the first half of the UCLA game where I wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull it out.

UCLA was physically pushing us around a little bit in the first half. It looked like they had the better athletes (which makes sense since they routinely out recruit us). UW stayed close based off of their emotion and the emotion of the crowd, I also felt like Oregon left some points on the board in that game and could have won by a larger margin.

I'd also much rather play UW again then have to play UCLA again. UCLA has some amazing athletes, especially defensively.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'll add that offensively I think UW has more playmakers... but UCLA has a far superior O'line even when playing 3 true freshman. But you don't beat Oregon with offense, you need to beat Oregon on defense, and I think UCLA has more playmakers on that side of the ball then UW does.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Again without going to the numbers, my vision is likely clouded by bias. That and I never, at any point, felt UO would fall to either team. Mariota had a few mistakes early yesterday and of course a few drops. But the outsider in me knew Mariota and his cast would put it together for the 2ns half.

I thought UW extended the game, or our (outside) chance of winning, longer than UCLA managed to do. Not just based on the fact we were down by just a score going into the 4th, but by the way we looked going into the 4th. But looks were deceiving...the wheels fell off when I was at my most hopeful. All credit to UO for closing the show like a champion is supposed to.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mh8jp28 said:
I'll add that offensively I think UW has more playmakers... but UCLA has a far superior O'line even when playing 3 true freshman. But you don't beat Oregon with offense, you need to beat Oregon on defense, and I think UCLA has more playmakers on that side of the ball then UW does.

Couldn't agree more. But who needs O-line these days?? ; )

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Keith Price is a great college QB. The problem is not him, it's the turrible OL every year, and Sark's dumbass play calling.

Udub needs a new HC bad.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MLOhawks":4h7zsbap said:
Keith Price is a great college QB. The problem is not him, it's the turrible OL every year, and Sark's dumbass play calling.

Udub needs a new HC bad.

I am a huge fan of Price. If for no other reason, he's a Dawg. I agree with your assessment of Sark and I put many of KP's woes on him. But not all. Sark failed to address the line, allowing Price to get clobbered and he still looks wounded. But even when properly protected, he doesn't trust his protection and seems to have momentary lapses in his thought process.

I hope KP finds an NFL team, adds 20 lbs and finds his niche. When he's good...he's damn near perfect. I would like the kid regardless of where he plays, now that I think about it. Loved Jake too, but it's just too damn bad he came back for his sr. year. Even with the line in such disarray, that year may have made the difference for Keith Price and the success of our Dawgs. Really hard to say.