Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":2wtxb510 said:
Seymour":2wtxb510 said:
original poster":2wtxb510 said:
I’m genuinely gutted.

Potentially great Seahawks football is simply passing us by and no changes are being made.

Caution. We don't know that yet for sure.

Absolutely I agree, but if Bev and Cable are around next season, I’m struggling to gain any optimism.

Oh I understand the feeling completely. I said that early this year after the oline shit show started season 3 and Russell and Co. were clearly out another season of their career.

I'm just ahead in the grieving process.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As much as I like Pete as a coach, at this point if he decided to move on, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Firing him seems pretty dumb. But you make a very good point, he is way too loyal to Cable and Bevell.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete is lying to himself thinking all that he needs to change is the kicker, bring in a new RB, and it's all good. The problem with that is the O-Line still won't be able to block & will commit a ton of penalties thus killing drives (Cable). Meanwhile the gameplanning will be so bad they won't score many points in the 1st half (Bevell). Red Zone could nose dive if Jimmy is gone too (Bevell).

RW will run around, pull off some heroics, and get them to .500. Yay. :pukeface:

If true the Pete Carroll era will be remembered for what could of been, and how he blew it.

The Seahawks 2012-2015 set a record for 4 consecutive #1DVOA seasons. They had a talent level comparable to the 90's Cowboys who won 3 Superbowls. PC Hawks teams only got 1. Pete underachieved.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

Com-PETE only applies to players and not to coaches.

Seymour

Reaction score
austinslater25":2vk15arw said:
I'm holding out hope Cable gets hired away although with his domestic violence issues and the current landscape i seriously doubt it fair or not. Bevell isn't drawing any interest and hasn't for years so he's not going anywhere. Somewhat surprised someone in the building isn't demanding for a change at least in part because the current marriage isn't working.

You do that and I'll start a go fund me page to send Cable on a nice quiet vacation in the tropics. :2thumbs:

A99118 fell sky 7 coconut

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":28psrudh said:
Somewhat surprised someone in the building isn't demanding for a change at least in part because the current marriage isn't working.

Pete IS the "someone in the building," he has complete control.

Allen has never been the meddling Jerry Jones type of owner that puts his nose into the hiring and firing of coordinators, or any other aspect of the team operations for that matter.

He hired Pete, gave him complete control, and that's why Bevell and Cable aren't going anywhere. End of story.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Jeremy517":1x01dmdy said:
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Fade":1yopzlnd said:
Pete is lying to himself thinking all that he needs to change is the kicker, bring in a new RB, and it's all good. The problem with that is the O-Line still won't be able to block & will commit a ton of penalties thus killing drives (Cable). Meanwhile the gameplanning will be so bad they won't score many points in the 1st half (Bevell). Red Zone could nose dive if Jimmy is gone too (Bevell).

RW will run around, pull off some heroics, and get them to .500. Yay. :pukeface:

If true the Pete Carroll era will be remembered for what could of been, and how he blew it.

The Seahawks 2012-2015 set a record for 4 consecutive #1DVOA seasons. They had a talent level comparable to the 90's Cowboys who won 3 Superbowls. PC Hawks teams only got 1. Pete underachieved.

Not just underachieved but underachieved on an epic level. I have had to wear a flame suit the last few years because I have continually said I found much of the really bad 90's teams more entertaining than I have the last couple of years. I just don't find it entertaining to watch possibly once in a lifetime talent level be wasted. To watch 1/2 to 3/4 of each football game thrown away. I believe that given the same players (yes even the OL) Bellicheat would have won AT LEAST 2 additional titles over the last few years.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h2r0bz1 said:
austinslater25":3h2r0bz1 said:
Somewhat surprised someone in the building isn't demanding for a change at least in part because the current marriage isn't working.

Pete IS the "someone in the building," he has complete control.

Allen has never been the meddling Jerry Jones type of owner that puts his nose into the hiring and firing of coordinators, or any other aspect of the team operations for that matter.

He hired Pete, gave him complete control, and that's why Bevell and Cable aren't going anywhere. End of story.

Agree.
The real question to Pete is......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Obtuse is a great word to describe how Pete operates.

btw, as much as I'm ready to see if another O-coordinator and line coach can do better, I'm not for firing for firing sake. You have to have a plan of upgrading those positions.

There are too many examples in the NFL, and hell even with our own baseball team here in Seattle where there's a revolving door of dysfunctional coaching changes, that don't result in improvement.

So yeah, I'm all for getting some fresh ideas and schemes in the building, but you don't change for changes sake. Are those guys out there right now?

Seymour

Reaction score
NJlargent":nustlcb4 said:
Jeremy517":nustlcb4 said:

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

Fade

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1offm0sq said:

btw, as much as I'm ready to see if another O-coordinator and line coach can do better, I'm not for firing for firing sake. You have to have a plan of upgrading those positions.

There are too many examples in the NFL, and hell even with our own baseball team here in Seattle where there's a revolving door of dysfunctional coaching changes, that don't result in improvement.

So yeah, I'm all for getting some fresh ideas and schemes in the building, but you don't change for changes sake. Are those guys out there right now?

I could drop some names but it is irrelevant. His coaches have grown complacent because they don't have to compete to keep their jobs. Nice philosophy Pete.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Well ain't that a bitch. Cable, fine. But Bevell the Devil??? Un-freaking-believable.

RussB

Reaction score
Im really starting to doubt it now. Its been 2 days and still nothing. I guess they will just continue doing the same shit next zeason and being mediocre. So dissapointed.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If they haven't been fired by now they aren't going to and that is extremely disappointing................They have to go!!!

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23mw3l2h said:

Mike mccoy is available.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Completely disappointed. Don't see things improving next year if these two are still here sadly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":1stxnm43 said:
Sgt. Largent":1stxnm43 said:

Mike mccoy is available.

McCoy doesn't do a lot for me, he's kind of an old guard retread coach.

I'd rather have a young innovative coordinator that can install a more dynamic scheme to help Russell meet his full potential.

But again, that's not Pete's style, it's never been. He keeps his coordinators til they get hired elsewhere, then he promotes within his own coaching tree. Because in the end, he wants total control, and any hard headed old guard coach would clash with that part of Pete's philosophy.

It's why I don't think Bevell has worked out all that well, I think Pete restrains a lot of his scheme ideas, because it doesn't fit with what Pete wants to do.

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2w9xk64f said:
RussB":2w9xk64f said:
Sgt. Largent":2w9xk64f said:

Mike mccoy is available.

McCoy doesn't do a lot for me, he's kind of an old guard retread coach.

I'd rather have a young innovative coordinator that can install a more dynamic scheme to help Russell meet his full potential.

But again, that's not Pete's style, it's never been. He keeps his coordinators til they get hired elsewhere, then he promotes within his own coaching tree. Because in the end, he wants total control, and any hard headed old guard coach would clash with that part of Pete's philosophy.

It's why I don't think Bevell has worked out all that well, I think Pete restrains a lot of his scheme ideas, because it doesn't fit with what Pete wants to do.
I guess mroe cable and bevell then. :0190l: