Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zb85n03 said:
RussB":2zb85n03 said:
Sgt. Largent":2zb85n03 said:
Obtuse is a great word to describe how Pete operates.

btw, as much as I'm ready to see if another O-coordinator and line coach can do better, I'm not for firing for firing sake. You have to have a plan of upgrading those positions.

There are too many examples in the NFL, and hell even with our own baseball team here in Seattle where there's a revolving door of dysfunctional coaching changes, that don't result in improvement.

So yeah, I'm all for getting some fresh ideas and schemes in the building, but you don't change for changes sake. Are those guys out there right now?
Mike mccoy is available.

McCoy doesn't do a lot for me, he's kind of an old guard retread coach.

I'd rather have a young innovative coordinator that can install a more dynamic scheme to help Russell meet his full potential.

But again, that's not Pete's style, it's never been. He keeps his coordinators til they get hired elsewhere, then he promotes within his own coaching tree. Because in the end, he wants total control, and any hard headed old guard coach would clash with that part of Pete's philosophy.

It's why I don't think Bevell has worked out all that well, I think Pete restrains a lot of his scheme ideas, because it doesn't fit with what Pete wants to do.

That is typical of leaders that need puppets under them. Cable and Bevell are both rejects that follow orders well. Hire in new coordinators, and they may have "their own ideas" on how things should work. For insecure leaders, they don't want that headache because they "know" what is best already.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":g2rss2i4 said:
Pete's been coaching for what now, 40 years?

When has he ever fired a coordinator or coach? I think it's never, so not sure why people think he's going to start now. Pete's ego has always prevented him from being humble enough with his hires to make necessary changes.

He ain't gonna start now. I'd be SHOCKED if Bevell and Cable aren't back, unless they leave for other jobs.

He fired Jeremy Bates in 2010, no?

mrt144

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":gomhqmoq said:
Sgt. Largent":gomhqmoq said:

When has he ever fired a coordinator or coach? I think it's never, so not sure why people think he's going to start now. Pete's ego has always prevented him from being humble enough with his hires to make necessary changes.

He ain't gonna start now. I'd be SHOCKED if Bevell and Cable aren't back, unless they leave for other jobs.

After Bates was a drunken idiot at a Christmas party.

Seymour

Reaction score
mrt144":28yp10sn said:
CodeWarrior":28yp10sn said:
Sgt. Largent":28yp10sn said:

Pete also didn't hire him so the loyalty card can not be played IMO.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":rhw4tlzx said:
mrt144":rhw4tlzx said:
CodeWarrior":rhw4tlzx said:
Sgt. Largent":rhw4tlzx said:

Pete also didn't hire him so the loyalty card can not be played IMO.

Carroll hired Bates at USC.

London12

Reaction score
Seymour":2pu1wplz said:
London12":2pu1wplz said:
Well if this is true, I hate to say it but Pete has to go if he can't identify and act upon these problems. It's very well documented that they are our problems.

Ummmm....I'm telling hawk2017 you said that and he is going to quote you on that for the next 6 months now. :roll:

This means nothing to me?

Exittium

Reaction score
Well at least I can keep my expectations extremely low. No coaching changes made = sos we saw this year. Well guess for once I’ll be missing games. No loss of mine. My heart and health could use the extended break

Pete is a prideful old fool and while he brought us a Superbowl, it won’t be that, that the NFL or people remember him for. It will be for being a rah rah coach who was an old loyal fool.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Exittium":3v0l0gus said:
Well at least I can keep my expectations extremely low. No coaching changes made = sos we saw this year. Well guess for once I’ll be missing games. No loss of mine. My heart and health could use the extended break

Pete is a prideful old fool and while he brought us a Superbowl, it won’t be that, that the NFL or people remember him for. It will be for being a rah rah coach who was an old loyal fool.

We need to get him Scot McCloughan back so we can get talent to cover up what an overrated coach he is. And we need foolproof level talent so we can overcome fake FGs from the 40.

Seymour

Reaction score
London12":1qjdtpsd said:
Seymour":1qjdtpsd said:
London12":1qjdtpsd said:
Well if this is true, I hate to say it but Pete has to go if he can't identify and act upon these problems. It's very well documented that they are our problems.

Ummmm....I'm telling hawk2017 you said that and he is going to quote you on that for the next 6 months now. :roll:

It is a joke about a poster here who I had to block and cannot let go of someones opinion. Nothing to you.

Some just can't handle the fact that you can love your team and disagree or dislike your coaches decisions.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":28eb0002 said:
London12":28eb0002 said:
Seymour":28eb0002 said:
London12":28eb0002 said:

It is a joke about a poster here who cannot let go of someones opinion. Nothing to you.

Some just can't handle the fact that you can love your team and disagree or dislike your coaches decisions.

379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43  funny memes funny shit

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If those two come back then the problem is Pete and will not be rectified until he is shown the door. The office might as well jettison the few tradable players we have on offense.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I don’t see the talent on this team as being better next year. It’s hard to imagine the run game being so bad but who knows.

I can’t get excited to watch this team next year.

This is the problem with a coach that has as much power as Pete Carroll. At the end of the day it is his decision.

Where will the touchdowns come from in this offense next year?

This looks like a Mike Holmgren 8-8 season with the most difficult to watch offense I have ever seen.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1sc3o5s6 said:
I don’t see the talent on this team as being better next year. It’s hard to imagine the run game being so bad but who knows.

This is the problem with a coach that has as much power as Pete Carroll. At the end of the day it is his decision.

Where will the touchdowns come from in this offense next year?

This looks like a Mike Holmgren 8-8 season with the most difficult to watch offense I have ever seen.

It's not good for fan morale when the expectation going forward is 'new season, old crap'. Hopefully the players themselves aren't suffering from this malaise.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Seymour":2tc3hsi9 said:
NJlargent":2tc3hsi9 said:
Jeremy517":2tc3hsi9 said:
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

Com-PETE only applies to players and not to coaches.

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

To be fair, Collins had plenty of chances here and didn't do squat. No one was bitching when he was sent packing. As has been said many times, our players were at a talent level during the Superbowl runs to hide the ineptitude of Bevell and cable. Collins is now in a system that allows his decent athletic ability to look better than it is.

Just imagine what we would look like with offensive coaches that were actually good at their jobs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2mgm7nid said:
Fade":2mgm7nid said:
Pete is lying to himself thinking all that he needs to change is the kicker, bring in a new RB, and it's all good. The problem with that is the O-Line still won't be able to block & will commit a ton of penalties thus killing drives (Cable). Meanwhile the gameplanning will be so bad they won't score many points in the 1st half (Bevell). Red Zone could nose dive if Jimmy is gone too (Bevell).

RW will run around, pull off some heroics, and get them to .500. Yay. :pukeface:

If true the Pete Carroll era will be remembered for what could of been, and how he blew it.

The Seahawks 2012-2015 set a record for 4 consecutive #1DVOA seasons. They had a talent level comparable to the 90's Cowboys who won 3 Superbowls. PC Hawks teams only got 1. Pete underachieved.

Not just underachieved but underachieved on an epic level. I have had to wear a flame suit the last few years because I have continually said I found much of the really bad 90's teams more entertaining than I have the last couple of years. I just don't find it entertaining to watch possibly once in a lifetime talent level be wasted. To watch 1/2 to 3/4 of each football game thrown away. I believe that given the same players (yes even the OL) Bellicheat would have won AT LEAST 2 additional titles over the last few years.

Totally agree. Funny how if we said that a year or two ago you would get crucified but now everybody's eyes seem to be opening.

It's pretty obvious at this point that in order for any changes to happen, Pete needs the hook. Unfortunately we have an owner in Paul Allen that doesn't do anything but let Pete call all the shots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1r79dbme said:

That's kinda how I felt all year as well, like Pete Holmgren looked tired and was holding onto players hoping they'd regain their SB form.

BUT............unlike Holmgren and his icy relationship with Allen and Ruskell, I think Pete still works very well with Allen and Schneider. That should give us at least a little hope that they can turn it around.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vkq6xq1 said:
JustTheTip":2vkq6xq1 said:
Fade":2vkq6xq1 said:
Pete is lying to himself thinking all that he needs to change is the kicker, bring in a new RB, and it's all good. The problem with that is the O-Line still won't be able to block & will commit a ton of penalties thus killing drives (Cable). Meanwhile the gameplanning will be so bad they won't score many points in the 1st half (Bevell). Red Zone could nose dive if Jimmy is gone too (Bevell).

RW will run around, pull off some heroics, and get them to .500. Yay. :pukeface:

If true the Pete Carroll era will be remembered for what could of been, and how he blew it.

The Seahawks 2012-2015 set a record for 4 consecutive #1DVOA seasons. They had a talent level comparable to the 90's Cowboys who won 3 Superbowls. PC Hawks teams only got 1. Pete underachieved.

Not just underachieved but underachieved on an epic level. I have had to wear a flame suit the last few years because I have continually said I found much of the really bad 90's teams more entertaining than I have the last couple of years. I just don't find it entertaining to watch possibly once in a lifetime talent level be wasted. To watch 1/2 to 3/4 of each football game thrown away. I believe that given the same players (yes even the OL) Bellicheat would have won AT LEAST 2 additional titles over the last few years.

Totally agree. Funny how if we said that a year or two ago you would get crucified but now everybody's eyes seem to be opening.

It's pretty obvious at this point that in order for any changes to happen, Pete needs the hook. Unfortunately we have an owner in Paul Allen that doesn't do anything but let Pete call all the shots.

The worst part is the "you have to plan for new coaching you just don't do it." While generally I agree with that the time for planning was directly following the Super Bowl loss. Fear of getting worse by taking action is going to drive this team further into miserable mediocrity (or worse.)

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkNuts":21ncc701 said:

Neither can I. It's been a long time since I can really say that our team is no longer exciting. I haven't heard a fan actually say that they are "excited" looking forward to next year.
How can Pete look himself in the mirror and say that a majority of this team's problems are on the players?