Do you want to build or demolish?

Do you want to build or demolish?

• Add significant defensive pieces but core (Pete, JS, Geno, DK, LKT, JSN, KW) stay.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Move on from Geno, gamble on QBOTF, but keep rest of core

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Keep offensive core, but move on from Pete

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Blow it up, new QB, new HC

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • I'm actually a ninnies fan and I dream about knobbin' Brock Purdy

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

renofox

Reaction score
The foundations are rotten.

The only proper repair is to tear it down to the foundations, repair them, then rebuild.

PC is the foundation. While tearing it down you always save valuable salvageable items (players who provide a higher value than their contract).

NJlargent

Reaction score
I voted to blow it up. But I really just want Carroll gone. If he goes I'm impartial as to what we do with the rest as I will be overjoyed.

On a side note, the Purdy option is hilarious.

CactusJack

Reaction score
You have to clean house.

I like John & wouldn't mind him staying. But Pete & the entire coaching staff need to go.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
I voted to blow it up. But I really just want Carroll gone. If he goes I'm impartial as to what we do with the rest as I will be overjoyed.

On a side note, the Purdy option is hilarious.
I would like to see this same team, minus a few players, with a coach who maximizes the talent available

CactusJack

Reaction score
Gotta collect them paychecks...

I may dislike Adams, but even if he misses at least hes throwing his body around unlike diggs who just literally most games does f-all
Between him & Riq the effort just isn't there week to week.

This kind of stuff isn't acceptable.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I noticed that play with Riq when it happened. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There is simply no desire or heart. I think the culture has turned to shit.
I've stated before that I don't think you are going to see any house-cleaning while Jody is still in charge. The team has to be sold. In the grand scheme of things, this will happen in a relatively short time. Which is more valuable? This team, that a new owner can take control of and hire his own GM/HC? Or a team that has just recently been stripped down and now a new owner has to decide whether to keep the leftovers or strip it down again? I'm not a businessman, so you decide. We need to hope that we get lucky again and get another great owner like Paul Allen.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is a young team. Packers are youngest team in NFL with average age 25. Seahawks are only age 25.5. Don’t blow up a young team. Let them grow and develop. There are obviously some holes on this defense, but nothing that can’t be fixed.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's really hard to accurately assess what we've got in terms of talent because our schemes, lack of discipline, and a dearth of a real leadership core in the locker room make it so. I couldn't believe how flat and uninspired we looked on defense today given the importance of the game. It was hard to watch.

knownone

Reaction score
It's probably better to ask this question in a few weeks when the more level-headed folks are around to balance out the negative.

I would run it back. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the league, dealt with untimely injuries, and are still in the playoff hunt. If I were contemplating changes it's either to the personnel department or Pete's authority in that department.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's probably better to ask this question in a few weeks when the more level-headed folks are around to balance out the negative.

I would run it back. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the league, dealt with untimely injuries, and are still in the playoff hunt. If I were contemplating changes it's either to the personnel department or Pete's authority in that department.
Why is the position that changes may be needed not level headed by default? I don’t think that’s a fair characterization at all. There are reasonable reasons for thinking it may be time to move on from Pete even if ultimately you disagree just as it’s reasonable to think keeping Pete another is is the best approach.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Defense : keep Nwousu, Mafe, Witherspoon, Love, re-x Williams, Mike Jackson

Offense: need 3 starters on the line ... Hopefully draft a QB... keep Geno Smith

I hope Hurtt is gone. I wish Petey would retire but he won't and no one is going to force him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Defense : keep Nwousu, Mafe, Witherspoon, Love, re-x Williams, Mike Jackson

Offense: need 3 starters on the line ... Hopefully draft a QB... keep Geno Smith

I hope Hurtt is gone. I wish Petey would retire but he won't and no one is going to force him.
Even tho I’ve been critical of Geno I’m for keeping him and drafting someone if the right guy falls.

renofox

Reaction score
I noticed that play with Riq when it happened. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There is simply no desire or heart. I think the culture has turned to shit.
I've stated before that I don't think you are going to see any house-cleaning while Jody is still in charge. The team has to be sold. In the grand scheme of things, this will happen in a relatively short time. Which is more valuable? This team, that a new owner can take control of and hire his own GM/HC? Or a team that has just recently been stripped down and now a new owner has to decide whether to keep the leftovers or strip it down again? I'm not a businessman, so you decide. We need to hope that we get lucky again and get another great owner like Paul Allen.
From a business perspective, a new owner should prefer the house cleaning to be done already so that all the dead money is off the books and there's some extra draft capital.

Why?

Because that's a perfect situation that any potential head coach candidate would prefer. The 1 or 2 down years cleaning up the cap means the new guy can acquire a lot more players with his desired traits and not be in cap hell. The extra draft capital is just more ammo to acquire the needed players for minimal cap hits.

A new owner's toughest decision is who to have for GM and Head Coach. Anything that gives him a competitive advantage over other owner's in attracting top talent is huge.