Do you want to build or demolish?

Do you want to build or demolish?

• Add significant defensive pieces but core (Pete, JS, Geno, DK, LKT, JSN, KW) stay.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Move on from Geno, gamble on QBOTF, but keep rest of core

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Keep offensive core, but move on from Pete

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Blow it up, new QB, new HC

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • I'm actually a ninnies fan and I dream about knobbin' Brock Purdy

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

knownone

Reaction score
Why is the position that changes may be needed not level headed by default? I don’t think that’s a fair characterization at all. There are reasonable reasons for thinking it may be time to move on from Pete even if ultimately you disagree just as it’s reasonable to think keeping Pete another is is the best approach.
The Seahawks just suffered a tough loss at home that may have cost them a chance at the playoffs. That's not exactly prime territory for rationale takes.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The Seahawks just suffered a tough loss at home that may have cost them a chance at the playoffs. That's not exactly prime territory for rationale takes.
Fair point it just seemed like you were singling out those wanting change but I apparently read it wrong

flv2

Reaction score
My hypothesis is a mediocre team can get to the Super Bowl as quickly through a player personnel rebuild as through a player personnel demolition. A rebuild would be less painful with fewer losses. Either way you have to have the right HC & coaching staff. Good coaching staff will get pinched.

morgulon1

Reaction score
From a business perspective, a new owner should prefer the house cleaning to be done already so that all the dead money is off the books and there's some extra draft capital.

Why?

Because that's a perfect situation that any potential head coach candidate would prefer. The 1 or 2 down years cleaning up the cap means the new guy can acquire a lot more players with his desired traits and not be in cap hell. The extra draft capital is just more ammo to acquire the needed players for minimal cap hits.

A new owner's toughest decision is who to have for GM and Head Coach. Anything that gives him a competitive advantage over other owner's in attracting top talent is huge.
And when cleaning house , it buys time from an angry fan base .

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I think we need to blow up the defense, personnel and coaching. Not sure if that means Pete, but if he isn't planning to can Hurtt and the scheme, it probably should.

It's hard to say right now since this is a very frustrating moment but two seasons of this scheme are enough. We aren't a Jamal Adams away from making it work.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This is a young team. Packers are youngest team in NFL with average age 25. Seahawks are only age 25.5. Don’t blow up a young team. Let them grow and develop. There are obviously some holes on this defense, but nothing that can’t be fixed.

It can't be fixed as long as Carroll is the coach. Your seeing the effort and pathetic schemes and play every game. It's broken. Blow it up from the top to bottom only keeping players like Spoon, Walker, and a few others.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Between him & Riq the effort just isn't there week to week.

This kind of stuff isn't acceptable.

Coaching and lack of discipline. All these great players get here... kick ass the first year then turn to shit in some form afterwards. Coaching, coaching, coaching. Too many on the team with the attitude of "business decisions"

I wouldn't be surprised to see Witherspoon next year fall off mysteriously (The only reason he wouldn't I'd say pride, the kids a scrapper and was ALMOST the only one who showed up), it's been happening for a while with mainly the Defense.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Defense : keep Nwousu, Mafe, Witherspoon, Love, re-x Williams, Mike Jackson

Offense: need 3 starters on the line ... Hopefully draft a QB... keep Geno Smith

I hope Hurtt is gone. I wish Petey would retire but he won't and no one is going to force him.
KJ said on his podcast that there are 3 guys along the D-line this team should keep around, Leonard Williams, Jarran Reed & Mafe. Nwosu would be included, but everyone else can go.

You need to get faster at linebacker. Guys who can cover sideline to sideline. Which means Bobby is likely done.

Adams & Diggs both need to go.

Spoon, Mike Jackson & Tre Brown are your starters. Tariq can't start for this team. He doesn't have the right mentality. You can't win with guys like that.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Blow it up. It's going to happen eventually anyway, so might as well get a two year jump start.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I want new coaches all around..keep John..he can still find good talent. Blow up this team..sell..everything must go..grab whatever draft picks you can muster...let a new head coach bring in a short term veteran QB..bring in young blood..players who want to make a difference. The current regime is full of cancer..old blood and the soul has faded. Time to let go and let Pete and his team go into the light..may a new team and philosophy be born to replace what carcass of a team we now see. Bring back that excitement..just not under the shadow of Pete.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I want new coaches all around..keep John..he can still find good talent. Blow up this team..sell..everything must go..grab whatever draft picks you can muster...let a new head coach bring in a short term veteran QB..bring in young blood..players who want to make a difference. The current regime is full of cancer..old blood and the soul has faded. Time to let go and let Pete and his team go into the light..may a new team and philosophy be born to replace what carcass of a team we now see. Bring back that excitement..just not under the shadow of Pete.

I would be intrigued to see who John would have for a coach. I feel it would be someone Younger, and someone probably similar to McVay (in his attention to the details and game)

CactusJack

Reaction score
I would be intrigued to see who John would have for a coach. I feel it would be someone Younger, and someone probably similar to McVay (in his attention to the details and game)
He would bring in Dan Quinn.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
One thing for sure, when they do bring in a new HC, DO NOT give him any other titles or power to run the team. Head coach ONLY!

renofox

Reaction score
I used to be in favor of this plan, but after thinking about it some more I'm not so sure. The Seahawks have had serious issues in acquiring suitable talent, and with extreme overpays in draft capital and $$$ for marginal producers and short-term rental patches.

Either 1) JS didn't want to make these decisions and just went along with PC, or 2) JS wanted to make these decisions and made them happen.

If 1), JS is too weak of a leader to be an effective GM.

If 2), JS does not have the talent to spot and acquire talent at a fair price.

Either way, if we choose not to RUN IT BACK 🌈 🦄 I think a clean sweep is called for.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Can't pick between keeping offensive core and moving on from PC or new coach and QB. It just depends entirely on the other QBs available.

morgulon1

Reaction score
KJ said on his podcast that there are 3 guys along the D-line this team should keep around, Leonard Williams, Jarran Reed & Mafe. Nwosu would be included, but everyone else can go.

You need to get faster at linebacker. Guys who can cover sideline to sideline. Which means Bobby is likely done.

Adams & Diggs both need to go.

Spoon, Mike Jackson & Tre Brown are your starters. Tariq can't start for this team. He doesn't have the right mentality. You can't win with guys like that.
100%

The part that scares me is Pete Carroll thought it would be cool to promote an overweight,average middle of the road defensive line coach to DC.

Carroll isn't going to do a damn thing about it either. I'm sick and tired of this and don't have hope moving forward.

Look at the patterns .

The 2nd year of a Clint Hurtt defense is WORSE than his 1st. More money and draft invested and this is the result.

It's coaching.