espn ranks nfl qbs

chris98251

Reaction score
When the regular season hit and we see him in full escape mode we will see if he has been slowed, he may lose 4.5 speed but elusiveness is more important anyway. I don't think he is here to get 1000 yards rushing anyway, if he can see a gap and gain 10 yds on a scramble defenses still have to account for him, may not take it to the house but we have other players that are suppose to do that.

cymatica

Reaction score
RW is not conventional. He achieves results, but not in the prototypical qb way, and he has some glaring weaknesses(climbing the pocket). So, looking at things objectively, and watching the way the offense works, on the surface he looks like an average qb. We don't see him attack the field, nickel and dime you, the way we expect from a top tier qb. The numbers don't lie though. He has top 5 stats behind a horrid OL and mediocre WR core(except Baldwin :lol: ).

Anthony!

Reaction score
cymatica":12ir0jv8 said:
RW is not conventional. He achieves results, but not in the prototypical qb way, and he has some glaring weaknesses(climbing the pocket). So, looking at things objectively, and watching the way the offense works, on the surface he looks like an average qb. We don't see him attack the field, nickel and dime you, the way we expect from a top tier qb. The numbers don't lie though. He has top 5 stats behind a horrid OL and mediocre WR core(except Baldwin :lol: ).

HGMm really interesting given his last extensive playing time while not injured was one of the best stretches by any Qb and he did all those things you just said he doesn't do. HMMM We can also go back to last preseason game, where the announcers even noted he climbed the pocket, made all the passes, attacked down field, attacked middle just attacked. NOt sure who sees him as an Avg Qb except the 2 amigos. Heck even Prisco has said he is a top QB.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It is a amazing that a qb who has the 2nd best passer rating of all time, tops the record books in many categories, has the best passer rating from the pocket of any qb (imagine if he had a line), is one of the best playmakers when things do break down, etc. etc. The list is endless. Google it. Still can't get respect by some even on his own forum let alone from butthurt 'experts'.

If he was in a 1.5 inches taller and measured 6', the talk would be who is better Rodgers, Brady or Wilson. It's madness.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Smellyman":mxba82zp said:
It is a amazing that a qb who has the 2nd best passer rating of all time, tops the record books in many categories, has the best passer rating from the pocket of any qb (imagine if he had a line), is one of the best playmakers when things do break down, etc. etc. The list is endless. Google it. Still can't get respect by some even on his own forum let alone from butthurt 'experts'.

If he was in a 1.5 inches taller and measured 6', the talk would be who is better Rodgers, Brady or Wilson. It's madness.

:ditto:

Josea16

Reaction score
Smellyman":1lsc3kdq said:

:ditto: 2x. And he's just started his prime years and is showing he's quantifiably better then 2012-16 already. Anybody can tell he has full understanding of the offense and the game now. Instead of running he scrambles, instead of holding the ball he makes quick decisions after going through all his progressions. The tempo the offense is running at screams elite veteran quarterback. This is just the beginning of the real ride, you should get on the train like myself while there are good seats left.

All he needs is a league average offensive line and history will be made. Interestingly it seems he has that for the first time since 2014.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":338y0dvp said:
Smellyman":338y0dvp said:

:ditto: 2x. And he's just started his prime years and is showing he's quantifiably better then 2012-16 already. Anybody can tell he has full understanding of the offense and the game now. Instead of running he scrambles, instead of holding the ball he makes quick decisions after going through all his progressions. The tempo the offense is running at screams elite veteran quarterback. This is just the beginning of the real ride, you should get on the train like myself while there are good seats left.

All he needs is a league average offensive line and history will be made. Interestingly it seems he has that for the first time since 2014.

You Bastard, you are going to ruin everything and jinx us :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ is just getting started, he has many years in his prime. That Brady guy is 40, and he's still in his prime. Just sayin

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cbwetc9 said:
Russ is just getting started, he has many years in his prime. That Brady guy is 40, and he's still in his prime. Just sayin

You must not have heard the latest news.....one sprained ankle has started his decline in year 5. You need to forget what your eyes tell you and listen to Semidamus. :snack:

AVL

Reaction score
He is always going to have the height bias going against him, just another form of bigotry.

RW92

Reaction score
Two things. Rus is better than Stafford and I would take Rus any day over Brees.

cymatica

Reaction score
Anthony!":141n9i8v said:
cymatica":141n9i8v said:

HGMm really interesting given his last extensive playing time while not injured was one of the best stretches by any Qb and he did all those things you just said he doesn't do. HMMM We can also go back to last preseason game, where the announcers even noted he climbed the pocket, made all the passes, attacked down field, attacked middle just attacked. NOt sure who sees him as an Avg Qb except the 2 amigos. Heck even Prisco has said he is a top QB.

Yes he had a great stretch, and read my post again, I never said he can't do anything, you 100% missed my point and assumed I was bashing him

Anthony!

Reaction score
cymatica":3lf2shy8 said:
Anthony!":3lf2shy8 said:
cymatica":3lf2shy8 said:

Yes he had a great stretch, and read my post again, I never said he can't do anything, you 100% missed my point and assumed I was bashing him

You said " He achieves results, but not in the prototypical qb way, and he has some glaring weaknesses(climbing the pocket). " Both of which is not true, not that he does not have weaknesses, but he does not have those specific weaknesses all Qbs have weaknesses.

Seafan

Reaction score
Ratings are over rated and virtually meaningless. They are usually about what have you done lately.

I respect John Clayton and last year at this time he stated that Russ Wilson "is the best QB in the NFL."

Now RW isn't in Clayton's top 8 QBs. WTH?

They don't mean a thing.

Anthony!

Reaction score

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":36vng1sg said:
SoulfishHawk":36vng1sg said:

You must not have heard the latest news.....one sprained ankle has started his decline in year 5. You need to forget what your eyes tell you and listen to Semidamus. :snack:

Wise words.

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":yv3y921l said:
Seymour":yv3y921l said:
SoulfishHawk":yv3y921l said:

Wise words.

lol cant even tell when someone is being sarcastic LOL

cymatica

Reaction score
Anthony!":25g2ccg7 said:
cymatica":25g2ccg7 said:
Anthony!":25g2ccg7 said:
cymatica":25g2ccg7 said:

You said " He achieves results, but not in the prototypical qb way, and he has some glaring weaknesses(climbing the pocket). " Both of which is not true, not that he does not have weaknesses, but he does not have those specific weaknesses all Qbs have weaknesses.

RW has always shown a tendency to dance around and move backwards instead of stepping up into the pocket. Yes, he has been working on it, but to deny this is to deny reality. Also, if you think Wilson has been playing the qb position in a conventional, or prototypical way, then you are definetely in the minority.

I love RW, one of my favorites, part of the reason is because he is a little non conventional. That isn't a bad thing

Latest posts