Geno Smith...

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
You're twisting this.

What do you think I'm "basing" off of two preseason games, @Titus Pullo
Myself and others are simply pointing out the Geno has pretty much indisputably played his position well during this preseason. This shouldn't be controversial - it's well-established and a small enough sample to where every snap has been analyzed and can be recalled.

What are you talking about here?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What are you talking about here?
Dude, my entire point is that Geno has performed decently during his Seahawks tenure and throughout his preseason.

Of course this is based on the preseason. What the hell else CAN I base that point on?

I don't WANT Geno Smith to start for an extended period of time. My ONLY POINT is that he's performed well in the preseason, and by extension generally decent in his tenure as a 'Hawk. Not that he's a damn playoff quarterback or the future of the franchise or anything like that.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Dude, my entire point is that Geno has performed decently during his Seahawks tenure and throughout his preseason.

Of course this is based on the preseason. What the hell else CAN I base that point on?

I don't WANT Geno Smith to start for an extended period of time. My ONLY POINT is that he's performed well in the preseason, and by extension generally decent in his tenure as a 'Hawk. Not that he's a damn playoff quarterback or the future of the franchise or anything like that.
So....You are basing it on his 2 partial preseason game performances and this:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So....You are basing it on his 2 partial preseason game performances and this:

View attachment 54177
Okay. This is getting stupid.

I am evaluating Geno Smith's performance as a Seahawk. Yes, I am using his PERFORMANCE AS A SEAHAWK to do so. There is nothing else I can possibly use to review Geno Smith's performance as a Seahawk.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Okay. This is getting stupid.

I am evaluating Geno Smith's performance as a Seahawk. Yes, I am using his PERFORMANCE AS A SEAHAWK to do so. There is nothing else I can possibly use to review Geno Smith's performance as a Seahawk.
His best performances as a Seahawk:

Notice one of them is against the Jaguars? 54 attempts?

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lost fumble in the Steeler game at a crucial time.
Interception in the Jaguar game.
Interception was in the Rams game, and it was because his receiver fell down.

Lost fumble totally on him. TJ Watt got him and he just wasn't holding on tight enough.

Edit: Not to mention that said interception came after Geno dragged them back into the game with a 98 yard touchdown drive.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
You wi

Lost fumble totally on him. TJ Watt got him and he just wasn't holding on tight enough.

Edit: Not to mention that said interception came after Geno dragged them back into the game with a 98 yard touchdown drive.
You win....Geno Smith has turned the corner.

Rosco

Reaction score

😂😂you better hope for you’re sake Geno does win the starting job cause if he’s not the starter he won’t be the backup either.
By all accounts and eye test Lock has been outplaying Geno. As good as you say Geno is doing, there’s nothing showing he’s doing better then Lock.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
😂😂you better hope for you’re sake Geno does win the starting job cause if he’s not the starter he won’t be the backup either.
By all accounts and eye test Lock has been outplaying Geno. As good as you say Geno is doing, there’s nothing showing he’s doing better then Lock.
Why "for my sake?"

You guys are ultra weird with the whole grouping people into teams type of thing. Like, ultra bizarre weirdo status. If he loses, he loses. I'm defending facts, not Geno.

Lock had pros and cons. The offense flowed a bit better with him in. He also lost the game by making a bonehead mistake at the end and *gasp* losing a fumble to kill the hope of a win. If Geno failed to make a line call and got himself clocked blindside to lose a game, you'd be HYSTERICAL.

Other than that, what accounts? There are just as many accounts of Geno outperforming him, and Geno hasn't missed a practice/game, so that's another advantage. Simple film review shows Geno executing the concepts decently and generally making the correct decisions. Even PFF agrees.

If Lock wins the competition, that's fair and actually might be a good development, because he's young! But he simply hasn't won it yet.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PS @Rosco: Here's my post from post-Steelers agreeing that Lock looked better despite putting up a nearly identical statline. Admittedly, I've soured a bit on Lock's performance after it sunk in a bit more the gravity of his mistake at the end, but still.

Rosco

Reaction score
Why "for my sake?"

You guys are ultra weird with the whole grouping people into teams type of thing. Like, ultra bizarre weirdo status. If he loses, he loses. I'm defending facts, not Geno.

Lock had pros and cons. The offense flowed a bit better with him in. He also lost the game by making a bonehead mistake at the end and *gasp* losing a fumble to kill the hope of a win. If Geno failed to make a line call and got himself clocked blindside to lose a game, you'd be HYSTERICAL.

Other than that, what accounts? There are just as many accounts of Geno outperforming him, and Geno hasn't missed a practice/game, so that's another advantage. Simple film review shows Geno executing the concepts decently and generally making the correct decisions. Even PFF agrees.

If Lock wins the competition, that's fair and actually might be a good development, because he's young! But he simply hasn't won it yet.
There are no accounts of Geno outplaying Lock

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
if you cant make it playing for the Jets well cmon. Nobody wanted this guy for a reason. Hve you seen him play? Tarvaris was an upgrade over this guy (RIP) he in his 10th season, he is what his career stats say he is. Dreadful.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
if you cant make it playing for the Jets well cmon. Nobody wanted this guy for a reason. Hve you seen him play? Tarvaris was an upgrade over this guy (RIP) he in his 10th season, he is what his career stats say he is. Dreadful.
No one makes it playing for the Jets, and yes, I have seen him play. I think I've made that abundantly clear, so I'm not sure what you think you're doing by asking.

And here we go again. Same cycle of completely thoughtless replies.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Scramble the fighter jets, because an unidentified flying object known as "the point" just flew 8000 feet over this dude's head.

We're talking ABOUT his preseason play, and by extension his play last year. If you want to unequivocally dismiss it as not of acceptable quality, please post reasonable supporting data and analysis to that effect. Otherwise, you're wrong, because there has been countless other analysis pointing to him being pretty solid in his Seahawk tenure.

That doesn't mean he won't regress. No one is saying he won't regress.
Sentence one? Only applies to you.

Paragraph 2: A nice mix of ignorance and arrogance. You dont set the terms of peoples opinions and how they express them here. I don’t have to post anything to satisfy you or “I am wrong” “Post reasonable supporting data. . .“. LOL. GFY

Last sentence. Nice out so when Geno sucks you can claim you weren’t wrong. Quit equivocating Nancy and take a stand.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sentence one? Only applies to you.

Paragraph 2: A nice mix of ignorance and arrogance. You dont set the terms of peoples opinions and how they express them here. I don’t have to post anything to satisfy you or “I am wrong” “Post reasonable supporting data. . .“. LOL. GFY

Last sentence. Nice out so when Geno sucks you can claim you weren’t wrong. Quit equivocating Nancy and take a stand.
I have 15 pages of that last sentence. It's not an out, it's what I've been saying ad nauseam the whole damn time. Don't get all hysterical again on everyone, Jay. My stand is that Geno has done well in the 6 games he's played in since 2021 started.

And you're right. I don't set the terms of how people express their opinions. I just reserve the right to call them wrong if you post nothing backing it up, which you rarely do.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If any other starting QB put up the numbers Geno does it would be considered terrible. Imagine if Rodgers, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, RW, put up numbers like that and averaged a little over 1 td passing in games they play. They would be called mediocre at best. Because Geno does it, excuses fly out. It’s ridiculous. It’s like giving an participation award to losing teams. I expect players on my team to perform better. Not just so so at best.

Getting a high comp pct isn’t difficult. Lots of QBs throw for a high comp pct. Kirk Cousins has a high comp pct. The top QBs throw for many tds and are on top scoring teams. From what seen from Smith tells me he’s inconsistent in leading the teams on scoring drives. He played most of the past 2 games and the Seahawks have only 13 offensive points when he’s played. Only one rushing td. That’s not good enough however you slice it (scoring wise).
You’re not going to win many games that way.