Go Chiefs .......

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I feel the Chiefs are the healthy version of the offense Bevell has always been trying to construct.

Richardson, Harvin, Lockett as the Tyreek Hill, the speedy difference makers

Graham as Kelce, big targets to threaten the middle

Marshawn as Ware / Hunt, Chiefs have more agile backs, but Marshawn was a solid pass catcher

Baldwin as Chris Conley, possession receivers on the outside

Mobile qbs (obviously Wilson way better, but Smith is very accurate and can make some plays).

Biggest difference is Chiefs have a great O-line.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Watching that game, there was one glaring fact. Apparently Cassius Marsh is much more fun to mention now that he is with the Pats. I don't think I've ever heard his name so much during a game. I get it that he's stepping into an unfamiliar situation but Collinsworth made it seem as if he was a punter stepping in for QB.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Unless the Patriots getting a win somehow helps Seattle, I want them to lose every damn game.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":34huykuk said:
MD5eahawks":34huykuk said:
Watching that game, there was one glaring fact. Apparently Cassius Marsh is much more fun to mention now that he is with the Pats. I don't think I've ever heard his name so much during a game. I get it that he's stepping into an unfamiliar situation but Collinsworth made it seem as if he was a punter stepping in for QB.

He played like one...

Yeah played what half the game and his only notable plays were a penalty (shocker) and getting burned for a long TV (shouldn't have been put in that position.) He pretty much got nuetralized on every play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":39zdujmr said:

There's a reason Marsh's role was diminished the last couple years to 2nd string passing down only DE, he's terrible in coverage, and he's terrible at sealing the edge against the run.

Two things Belichick tried to let him do last night, to horrible failure.....................AND he had a running into the kicker penalty that could have easily been a roughing. Not a good night for ol' Cassius.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
a773da5f08ea40fc8fbf36c76c45b263

I laughed. Hard!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1ykjjfhs said:
MD5eahawks":1ykjjfhs said:

He played like one...
Yes he did.

Josea16

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":zsa1wlwj said:
Popeyejones":zsa1wlwj said:
PlinytheCenter":zsa1wlwj said:
Josea16":zsa1wlwj said:
What arrogance New England has, utter stupidity to go for it on 4th down when you could've basically put Kansas City away.

That changed the whole game.

Statistically that's the right call both times.

It's not arrogance, it's smart football.

It didn't work out for them, but thinking you know better than very settled and statistically verifiable probability about when to go for it on 4th down is what is arrogant, not the reverse. :2thumbs:

Agree. Going for it was easily the right call.
I respectfully disagree. Kansas City would have been done if they went down 10-0 instead they're allowed to basically make a goal line stand at the 10 yard line, be successful and basically re-energize the team and complete a 10 point swing.

The game went from a certain blowout to the complete opposite because of that play. You never leave guaranteed points on the field.

StoneCold

Reaction score
AT first I was very impressed with NE's Oline, but in the 3rd quarter I realized that KC was only rushing 3 most of the game. In the 4th they started bringing pressure when Brady was forced to pass and they rattled him. Always fun to see Bro Brady on his butt.

Is this a fair assessment or did I miss that KC has a terrible Dline?

Alexander

Reaction score
Josea16":yvonkeyj said:
Maelstrom787":yvonkeyj said:
Popeyejones":yvonkeyj said:
PlinytheCenter":yvonkeyj said:
That changed the whole game.

It didn't work out for them, but thinking you know better than very settled and statistically verifiable probability about when to go for it on 4th down is what is arrogant, not the reverse. :2thumbs:

Agree. Going for it was easily the right call.
I respectfully disagree. Kansas City would have been done if they went down 10-0 instead they're allowed to basically make a goal line stand at the 10 yard line, be successful and basically re-energize the team and complete a 10 point swing.

The game went from a certain blowout to the complete opposite because of that play. You never leave guaranteed points on the field.

Well, KC did go down 17-7 in the second quarter, even after defending that fourth down, and then won by 15. So I think it's a bit of a reach to suggest they'd have been "done" if they had gone down 10-0 in the first quarter. And you also have to consider the flip side: if NE converts the fourth down (something they usually do with ease), they probably score a TD and then they're up 14-0, which would've been larger than any lead they held in the game. KC still wouldn't have been "done," but NE would've been in better position.

chris98251

Reaction score
Losing Hightower was the equivalent of us losing Avril in the SB.

Josea16

Reaction score
StoneCold":3ntqakxv said:
AT first I was very impressed with NE's Oline, but in the 3rd quarter I realized that KC was only rushing 3 most of the game. In the 4th they started bringing pressure when Brady was forced to pass and they rattled him. Always fun to see Bro Brady on his butt.

Fair assessment though Kansas City has a good to great defensive line to be fair.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Josea16":2201guet said:
StoneCold":2201guet said:

Fair assessment though Kansas City has a good to great defensive line to be fair.

In that case it's very interesting that KC made the conscious choice to let Brady have time and drop more people in coverage. It began to work once Amendola was out of the game, but up until then Brady was carving them up.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Josea16":1g25xp5h said:
StoneCold":1g25xp5h said:

I think that remains to be seen.

Houston, despite his sack is not his former self. Poe is gone. Howard is gone. Dee Ford is ok, but not great. I think KC lost a lot on that line this offseason. It's easy to think they have a good line because they did last year -- with the assumption that Chris Jones will improve. Also Hali didn't play as he was on PUP. But at age 33, how effective will he be too?

Seems KC had a lot of trouble creating edge pressure. Not sure that will improve in the upcoming weeks. In reality I think KC has the kind of line that Seattle may have in a few years if our succession plans don't pan out. Guys with star names on their nameplates who no longer play like it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3w40gi3m said:

Cheers to your post, Popeye. :) God forbid we let hard facts get in the way of opinions.

NINEster

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":jz5zc3f9 said:
I feel the Chiefs are the healthy version of the offense Bevell has always been trying to construct.

Richardson, Harvin, Lockett as the Tyreek Hill, the speedy difference makers

Graham as Kelce, big targets to threaten the middle

Marshawn as Ware / Hunt, Chiefs have more agile backs, but Marshawn was a solid pass catcher

Baldwin as Chris Conley, possession receivers on the outside

Mobile qbs (obviously Wilson way better, but Smith is very accurate and can make some plays).

Biggest difference is Chiefs have a great O-line.

I disagree on the QB comparison, primarily because I feel there are over a dozen NFL QBs that could have gotten the hawks to 2 SBs the last few years, and Smith could be one of them. Wilson has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor.

I'm curious to see how this season plays out for both QBs. Both have a lot to prove, and Mahomes is possibly going to elevate Smith to new heights if this last game was any indication.

The big Smith game has been an anomaly but with the pressure he feels with Kaepernick 2.0, I doubt we're gonna see the game manager quite as much this season against the good teams.