Greg Olsen Signed to 1 Year Deal

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love it. More 12 personnel and we won't be as predictable in two TE sets. This gives them more options in the passing game and Olsen is a decent run blocker as well. I love this signing.

getnasty

Reaction score
After seeing what Dissley has done when healthy i really like the move. Shotty seems to do a good job getting the TE involved and i love the idea of Dissley and Olsen on the field at the same time.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Wilson wanted some star power, or at least that's what was reported. Sometimes, what you wish for isn't always exactly the answer. I like Owen alot, I think he'll be more beneficial in the locker room if anything. Dissly and Owens with a touch of Hollister, gives us something to look forward to if everyone can hold up health wise.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is a great comment, and applies to all NFL players:

all I really know is the Seahawk's offense looks good when you have a 6th offensive lineman like Dissly that is an excellent receiver as well. His 4.8 forty doesn't mean anything .. when your getting ready to deal with him in the run game and all of a sudden he uses his short area quickness to side step you and now he has a five yard head start.

rjas77

Reaction score
zchurch74":1njcrx0t said:
add him the the list of FA off season must pick ups! He could be the missing link at TE we have needed. Sign a two year with third year option.

Bummer...it means Dissly is done IMHO

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
rjas77":ubm1seen said:
zchurch74":ubm1seen said:
add him the the list of FA off season must pick ups! He could be the missing link at TE we have needed. Sign a two year with third year option.

Why?

sutz

Reaction score
rjas77":25dwwb97 said:
zchurch74":25dwwb97 said:

I don't think it means that at all. It is true that Dissly may not be ready by opening day, though, and this would held that situation.

Maybe Dissly goes PUP for camp and first 6 weeks and he can play in the 2d half of the season, when it really counts. :mrgreen:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
rjas77":3457v44j said:
zchurch74":3457v44j said:

Hugggee stretch. We sign a veteran 34 year old TE to a one year deal and it suddenly means Dissly is done lol?

jeremiah

Reaction score
Jville":dptn0czb said:
I've admired Olsen's play for some time. He isn't any older than our left tackle and he contributed 807 offensive snaps in 2019 .... more than any tight end on the Seahawks roster. He would be a helpful addition on an incentive laden contract.

Gregg Olsen is a gamer, IMO he makes the Pro Bowl in 2020 for the Hawks.

Osprey

Reaction score
Hoping there’s not really a lot of guaranteed $$ in there. If healthy, great signing.

Fade

Reaction score
If he plays 16 games it is an okay signing. I have a sneaking suspicion he will be injured well before that though.

C-

They just ate a bunch of money from the Ed Dickson signing and now they are going down this road again. The definition of insanity.

Can someone please inform the Seahawks that they don't have to pay out the ass for over the hill backup TEs, as they grow on trees relative to other positions. If he is a starter he won't last.

If you're going to spend big, might as well go big. Austin Hooper will have a lower cap number in 2020, of course the trade off is a long term commitment with huge cap numbers down the road, but he is also way younger so....

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Olsen is a terrific TE but he won’t hold up long here in the always compete system.