Hi From Titans Fans

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
RussB":4hffw7yi said:
Im calling it right now, your titans will beat the seahawks and possibly blow them out.Your offense is pretty legit, mariota is a young beast and that run game is legit. Defense also has a nice front that will terrorize this horrific offense.

This offense will get shut down, defense eventually gets tired and titans score some points.
Blow us out? Not a chance.
We match up well against this team. Our run D will be tough to run on. Kam plays in the box most of the game and it ends up forcing MM to throw. That plays into our hands.
I am not saying we will win, but we won't get blown out.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
You all are being way too optimistic about the Titans offense. No way they put up more than 14 on our defense

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The doom and gloom crowd won't get their wish this weekend. Game could go either way, no blowout by the Titans, no way.

Sevenfeet

Reaction score
Greetings from Nashville,

This will be an interesting game since we don't see you guys very often. And if this was being played in Seattle, I wouldn't like our chances since we have historically not played well on the west coast. But the game will be in Nashville and the temps will be in the upper 80s, probably a lot warmer than that on the field.

The Titans faithful has higher expectations for this year, certainly getting into the playoffs. That being said, we're not unrealistic here. The Seahawks are a few years away from back to back Super Bowl appearances (including one win). We've not been there since '99-'00. Seattle has been consistently competitive, if not a leading playoff contender every year for a while. Most sportswriters have them as a top 12 team right now with the Titans being a lower top half team. The Seahawks are probably not the same team from 2014-2015, but experience winning matters.

So what do we have now? First, we have Mariota who is certainly up and coming. But he's probably not the second coming of Tom Brady either. He's shown that he's not afraid to stand up in the pocket and scan the defense instead of just going for the first option. And like Russell Wilson, he can extend a play with his legs...so much so that we have a couple of designed run plays for him in the quiver. One of Mariota's biggest problems right now is his inability to make completions outside the numbers. It's not clear right now if it's his accuracy or just being in tune with a constantly evolving receiving corp. But he has to get better here. We're still one of the best teams in the red zone and Mariota has yet to throw a pick in the red zone for his entire career.

The front O-line bookends have already been mentioned in this thread. All I have to say is that Conklin and Lewan are the real deal. The wide outs are a work in progress but certainly better than last year and much better than two years ago. The biggest problem now are injuries and harmony with Mariota since some of the new guys have had limited time with him. That being said, tight end Delanie Walker is about as reliable as they come and Jonnu Smith is looking good as a rookie. And the while Demarco Murray in the backfield is still slowed by injuries, his backup is Derrick Henry and one of these days, that guy will be the #1. For this game, I'm expecting he will be.

Last year, the defensive secondary was our soft underbelly. It wasn't hard for a big time QB to carve up that group and we sometimes made backup QBs look like the second coming of Tom Brady. Adoree Jackson is the new rookie corner and while he's not experienced, he's not playing 10 yards off the defender like his predecessors. And pray your kicker doesn't kick to Jackson on punt returns...he's the guy that jumped over the kicker trying to tackle him in week 1 and would have gotten away with it had he not gotten help. It won't be long before that guy breaks one for a score.

The D-line is pretty solid with Morgan, Orakpo, Woodyard and Casey as the featured players. Nobody is a really fast edge rusher (we haven't had someone like that in over a decade) but they can bother QBs and get a few sacks. Wilson will be harder to catch. The safety corp is better these days but Cyprien is injured. Look at for Kevin Byard...certainly a consistent bright spot for us, especially on the safety blitz.

In previous years I'd say that the Seahawks would be the easy favorite but with the upgrades to Tennessee and the game in Nashville, right now the Titans are a slight favorite. This game could easily go either way...should be fun to watch.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
djb28":ndlqc2m4 said:
The Hammer":ndlqc2m4 said:
twisted_steel2":ndlqc2m4 said:
The Hammer":ndlqc2m4 said:
-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

Sigh.... so jealous.

It was a long time coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.
Yeah but your coaches understand what a bad O line looks like. Ours... clueless.

We had to get new coaches and a new GM for that to happen. Why do you think Ken Whisenhunt was fired (Aside from leaving injured Marcus Mariota in a game that was already lost)?

Whisenhunt thought it would be a good idea, two years ago, to have a raw third round OG start at RT, simply because he was a good run blocker, and give him no help in pass protection. The kid was completely useless against the pass. It was so bad I actually felt bad for him, being set up for failure like that.

Mike Mularkey is no coaching genius, he is smart enough though to make logical changes. He switched the RT and gave the new RT help from a TE.

The next season we had a new GM, OL coach, a high first round pick at RT and a solid vet center FA. We also lucked into a waiver wire pickup from the Pats that replaced our starting OG. We got that by virtue of having the first priority on the waiver wire.

The only smart thing the Wiz and the old GM did, OL wise, was to take Taylor Lewan high in the first round -- a very unpopular pick at the time.

We also got lucky with an undrafted FA in 2015 who is now the starting LG.

And that is the Titans OL today

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Rat":1sn8jlzq said:
Hasselbeck":1sn8jlzq said:
djb28":1sn8jlzq said:
The Hammer":1sn8jlzq said:
It was a long time coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.
Yeah but your coaches understand what a bad O line looks like. Ours... clueless.

I'm sure JS would be able to scout OL better if he had the #1 overall pick (traded down and later turned into Conklin) and #11 overall pick (Lewan)

The Titans have a nice young team and their fans are pleasant, but come the hell on.. they revamped their OL because of years of terrible play.

Perspective guys.

We could get a Conklin or a Lewan if we were willing to move up in the draft, but Carroll and Schneider would rather move down until we own the entire fifth round so we can draft 20 Mark Glowinskis.

We have fans that LOVE trading down to load up on picks.

They still hate that the Titans traded up for Conklin and would have much rather ended up with the RT you guys got that year.

Though they are in a very small minority

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sevenfeet":29m32mc2 said:
Greetings from Nashville,

This will be an interesting game since we don't see you guys very often. And if this was being played in Seattle, I wouldn't like our chances since we have historically not played well on the west coast. But the game will be in Nashville and the temps will be in the upper 80s, probably a lot warmer than that on the field.

The Titans faithful has higher expectations for this year, certainly getting into the playoffs. That being said, we're not unrealistic here. The Seahawks are a few years away from back to back Super Bowl appearances (including one win). We've not been there since '99-'00. Seattle has been consistently competitive, if not a leading playoff contender every year for a while. Most sportswriters have them as a top 12 team right now with the Titans being a lower top half team. The Seahawks are probably not the same team from 2014-2015, but experience winning matters.

So what do we have now? First, we have Mariota who is certainly up and coming. But he's probably not the second coming of Tom Brady either. He's shown that he's not afraid to stand up in the pocket and scan the defense instead of just going for the first option. And like Russell Wilson, he can extend a play with his legs...so much so that we have a couple of designed run plays for him in the quiver. One of Mariota's biggest problems right now is his inability to make completions outside the numbers. It's not clear right now if it's his accuracy or just being in tune with a constantly evolving receiving corp. But he has to get better here. We're still one of the best teams in the red zone and Mariota has yet to throw a pick in the red zone for his entire career.

The front O-line bookends have already been mentioned in this thread. All I have to say is that Conklin and Lewan are the real deal. The wide outs are a work in progress but certainly better than last year and much better than two years ago. The biggest problem now are injuries and harmony with Mariota since some of the new guys have had limited time with him. That being said, tight end Delanie Walker is about as reliable as they come and Jonnu Smith is looking good as a rookie. And the while Demarco Murray in the backfield is still slowed by injuries, his backup is Derrick Henry and one of these days, that guy will be the #1. For this game, I'm expecting he will be.

Last year, the defensive secondary was our soft underbelly. It wasn't hard for a big time QB to carve up that group and we sometimes made backup QBs look like the second coming of Tom Brady. Adoree Jackson is the new rookie corner and while he's not experienced, he's not playing 10 yards off the defender like his predecessors. And pray your kicker doesn't kick to Jackson on punt returns...he's the guy that jumped over the kicker trying to tackle him in week 1 and would have gotten away with it had he not gotten help. It won't be long before that guy breaks one for a score.

The D-line is pretty solid with Morgan, Orakpo, Woodyard and Casey as the featured players. Nobody is a really fast edge rusher (we haven't had someone like that in over a decade) but they can bother QBs and get a few sacks. Wilson will be harder to catch. The safety corp is better these days but Cyprien is injured. Look at for Kevin Byard...certainly a consistent bright spot for us, especially on the safety blitz.

In previous years I'd say that the Seahawks would be the easy favorite but with the upgrades to Tennessee and the game in Nashville, right now the Titans are a slight favorite. This game could easily go either way...should be fun to watch.

Welcome to the Net. Thanks for the information and hope we have a great game with no injuries.

:greetingsearthling: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I see the Titans as a real up and coming team that could be real good in the next couple years. Should be a heck of a game, and I think it's a toss up since it's on the road.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
xgeoff":x312hlgb said:
Prepare to come away from this game thinking that your D-Line is the second coming of the Fearsome Foursome. Expect to think that your D-Line is unstoppable as they stuff runs 3 yds deep in the backfield and chase Russell Wilson all over the field.

Expect to see your DB's contest every ball thrown to a receiver not named Doug Baldwin. And, as many posters have said, expect the first team to 17 to win the game.

Truly, you have not witnessed an Offensive Line as bad as ours yet. Prepare to be amazed, shocked and, I dare say, appalled. And prepare to hear us bitch about it. We've had several years of watching piss poor O-Line play now, and have probably invested more draft capital in our line than you have, with nothing to show for it.

We have already seen what our front 7 looks like against a good OL -- week 1 against the Raiders. We know they are good but nothing too special.

And we have witnessed bad offensive lines -- particularly during the Ken Whisenhunt years............ errr, I mean year and a bit.

We might as well have not even had an offensive line under him

It really kills everything else when your OL is bad. Your offense then has to live off big plays to make anything happen. It is almost impossible to have good TOP which kills the defense.

rcaido

Reaction score
As long as its not a 10am game we got this!

JGreen79

Reaction score
Tical21":7wgf8z9m said:
We're a little salty right now. The Titans haven't earned the right to play with the Seahawks yet. Will be a learning experience. They'll play better against a team of our caliber next time. 27-6 Hawks.

7fgs and a missed extra point from Walsh would be fun to watch, and great for my fantasy team as well.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3axkynbe said:
I just wanted to say that I welcome you to this board. Great classy first post. Welcome!!
As to the game, I must say that I also expect a loss mostly due to our awful offense and the fact that we are playing on grass. We are horrid on the lawn.
FWIW, don't be surprised if there are a lot of Hawk fans at the game. We have been traveling very well as of late. :)

Thank you,

And people in Downtown Nashville have already reported seeing a lot of groups of Seahawks fans. Like I said, we are used to seeing a lot of visiting fans. I think it is a combination of Nashville being a nice place to visit and Titans fans being more welcoming than some NFL fans.

Buffalo fans are the least welcoming btw, don't got to Buffalo. That stadium turns into the worlds larges dive bar for every Bills home game. And visiting teams get it bad. I have even seen Bills fans pee on visiting fans in the rest room.

Rat

Reaction score
The Hammer":psmzy2nf said:
Rat":psmzy2nf said:
Hasselbeck":psmzy2nf said:
djb28":psmzy2nf said:

I'm sure JS would be able to scout OL better if he had the #1 overall pick (traded down and later turned into Conklin) and #11 overall pick (Lewan)

The Titans have a nice young team and their fans are pleasant, but come the hell on.. they revamped their OL because of years of terrible play.

Perspective guys.

We could get a Conklin or a Lewan if we were willing to move up in the draft, but Carroll and Schneider would rather move down until we own the entire fifth round so we can draft 20 Mark Glowinskis.

They still hate that the Titans traded up for Conklin and would have much rather ended up with the RT you guys got that year.

Kind of funny about Conklin. Last year, I was looking at some houses with my parents, who were moving to Michigan (where I live). We spent some time looking at this one house on a lake, and there was all this Michigan State Spartan memorabilia, trophies, and a series of pictures on the wall of a player in official looking football pictures throughout his lifetime. He looked so familiar, but I couldn't place it. Then I saw "Conklin" on a jersey and it hit me, "Holy ****, this is Jack Conklin's house!" My parents didn't buy it though; it had too much of a summer cottage feel, which wasn't what they were looking for.

Most of this board prefers trading down, and while we have been very successful building a team with that draft philosophy, the price for trade ups going down every year, and I don't get why we can't take some of the draft capital we've built up from years of trade downs and make a move on a high-end OT prospect. Like in 2016, we were drafting 26th, and Taylor Decker fell to #16, but instead of making an aggressive move up, we traded down again and took Germain Ifedi, who absolutely blows. There are only so many spots on the roster, I don't think we need as many picks as our front office does.

Going into this year's draft, we were picking at 26 again, and my top two targets for the Seahawks were Malik McDowell (who we actually got in the second round) and Adoree' Jackson (who you guys stole at #18), so I was still very happy, but Garett Bolles was still sitting there at #20, and I'm curious if we even considered moving up to grab him. Instead, we traded down like three times.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Rat":2zyqbk1z said:
The Hammer":2zyqbk1z said:
Rat":2zyqbk1z said:
Hasselbeck":2zyqbk1z said:

Perspective guys.

Kind of funny about Conklin. Last year, I was looking at some houses with my parents, who were moving to Michigan (where I live). We spent some time looking at this one house on a lake, and there was all this Michigan State Spartan memorabilia, trophies, and a series of pictures on the wall of a player in official looking football pictures throughout his lifetime. He looked so familiar, but I couldn't place it. Then I saw "Conklin" on a jersey and it hit me, "Holy ****, this is Jack Conklin's house!" My parents didn't buy it though; it had too much of a summer cottage feel, which wasn't what they were looking for.

Most of this board prefers trading down, and while we have been very successful building a team with that draft philosophy, the price for trade ups going down every year, and I don't get why we can't take some of the draft capital we've built up from years of trade downs and make a move on a high-end OT prospect. Like in 2016, we were drafting 26th, and Taylor Decker fell to #16, but instead of making an aggressive move up, we traded down again and took Germain Ifedi, who absolutely blows. There are only so many spots on the roster, I don't think we need as many picks as our front office does.

Going into this year's draft, we were picking at 26 again, and my top two targets for the Seahawks were Malik McDowell (who we actually got in the second round) and Adoree' Jackson (who you guys stole at #18), so I was still very happy, but Garett Bolles was still sitting there at #20, and I'm curious if we even considered moving up to grab him. Instead, we traded down like three times.

That's cool man!

How does McDowell look for you guys? I liked him too

Rat

Reaction score
The Hammer":3gl1782l said:
Rat":3gl1782l said:
The Hammer":3gl1782l said:
Rat":3gl1782l said:

That's cool man!

Nobody knows. He busted up his face and suffered a concussion in an offseason ATV incident, and hasn't played. The team has been suspiciously tight-lipped about it. It didn't even reach the news until two weeks after it happened, which seems insane in today's media.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Rat":1pfqsqtx said:
The Hammer":1pfqsqtx said:
Rat":1pfqsqtx said:
The Hammer":1pfqsqtx said:

That's cool man!

Nobody knows. He busted up his face and suffered a concussion in an offseason ATV incident, and hasn't played. The team has been suspiciously tight-lipped about it. It didn't even reach the news until two weeks after it happened, which seems insane in today's media.

wow, that seems really strange

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Hammer":387gf0ar said:
Rat":387gf0ar said:
The Hammer":387gf0ar said:
Rat":387gf0ar said:

That's cool man!

wow, that seems really strange

You're telling US.

Sevenfeet

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1f4t025y said:
Welcome to the Net. Thanks for the information and hope we have a great game with no injuries.

:greetingsearthling: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Thanks. I have a soft spot for Seattle. I was born in the old King County Army Hospital and my wife's sister and her family live there now.

Latest posts