Should this be Pete's last year?

• Yes

Votes: 93 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 62 40.3%

• Total voters

Donn2390

Reaction score
What a bunch of whinners..! We haven't been to the SB for a couple of years, lets dump the coach, the GM, and the QB..!
Same line of BS was slung around here when Pete was hired, bad hire, was run out of SC, we want a real coach.
It took a year or so of your constant grumbling, and all of a sudden, it's "In Pete we trust", "we love John and Pete", We love Russ, best QB in the league". Today it's, Pete was lucky, John got some lucky picks. Russ has peaked and regressed.We shudda won five SB's in a row, it's all Pete and John's fault. I believe the word is fickle.
Pete, John and Russ made a bunch of nobody's into stars, many of which allowed their egos to overrule their common sense and are now happily gone. Seattle made them, they didn't make Seattle.
Now P&J have some new stars growing and developing, ready to take us to the top again, but don't expect instant results with an entire new line up, it didn't happen instantly the last time, and it won't this time. You will all be kissing the leaders feet again before too far into the season.
They are rebuilding and you all want miracles. What you all deserve is to get your wish, dump Pete, John, and Russ, and end up sucking hinder for the next twenty or so years.
I suggest you all chill out, put down the beer, and sit back and enjoy the restructuring. If you do change the top three, you will begin to remember what it's like to be in the bottom third again, wallowing in mediocrity, which will last probably longer than most of you will be around.. Welcome to Cleveland of the NW...

907Hawk

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
Elemas":30qxf97q said:
I don't know. I liked Pete. Loved his energy. I still remember talking smack...we were at the goal line with Marshawn BeastMode Lynch. Imagine that...nickname BeastMode. That just has bad-ass written all over it.

I digress. So there I was sitting at a bar in Anchorage, drunk ooff my ass, yelling "F...You Tom Brady" on every Seahawks drive. I felt my own inner-BeastMode in those moments. Even 17 beers in, I was raging. "F... You Tom Brady".
The Pats fans (90%) of the bar grew restless. I kept thinking, f...k 'em while screaming out "F...You Tom Brady".

The the pass happened. After I shit my pants, I snuck to the bathroom and crawled out the window.

Moral of the story: I've been salty with Pete since.

Moral of the story is you are full of ..it. :irishdrinkers:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
rcaido":tv3moxau said:
hawksincebirth":tv3moxau said:
rcaido":tv3moxau said:
Ungrateful fans...Before everyone wanted Thomas gone...Then they wanted Wilson gone....Now this week Carol gone..

We are great fans when we are winning but the most whiniest sore losers if we dont.

Second best record since Wilson arrived. Our draft picks this year looks good. We lost a lot of key players (Avril, Bennet, Sherman, & kam) this year we haven't gotten Baldwin & KJ...Wagner was out last game...Lets wait for the season to end to see if we need to move on.
Yes we should be greatfull for that crap we saw lol ... look at the poll your in the minority.. look at what cowherd said about Seattle today lmao :pukeface:

Dont care if I'm in the minority...people are not in their state of mind after a loss.

Lose 1 game people talk about tanking the season...getting rid of franchise elite qb.

Now you want to boot Pete and john.

This is a minor reset year. We need time adjust and gel...

Not really disagreeing with you but you are conflating things. RW is not the problem. He is constantly put in situations to fail. Whether it be a horrendous O-Line (which has really improved this year overall) or calling nothing but 9 routes all game and abandoning a run game that has been working. Pete needs to check his ego. If he can't, there is a problem that isn't going to fix itself.

Still not on the kick Pete to the curb because it looks likes this defense might be something that is notable, which isn't something to overshadow.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mad Dog":9x1i8sng said:
Underproduced with one of the best defenses? He got to two superbowls. How many SB's did the Mid 80's Bears get to? The early 2000's Bucaneers?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Expectations of multiple Superbowls in the current NFL parity at all costs system are pretty ridiculous. There is exactly one franchise that can boast that sort of consistency. That's a high bar.

Pete got us to the playoffs 6 straight seasons. No one else in the NFC has done that this decade.

Pete deserves to coach here until he wishes to retire and I'm certainly afraid that his leaving will throw us into another 10 year abyss of bad Seahawk football. Everyone wanted Holmgren gone and Knox gone and their successors were worse. You don't can good coaches. You let them rebuild. Everyone needs to rebuild every 6 years or so. Peak performance of players only lasts a few years.
Do you understand the difference between the 1985 Bears, 2002 Bucs, 2000 Ravens and the 2013-2014 Seahawks? Not many people do. I hear this argument all of the time, B-B-B-B-BUT the Bears, Ravens and Bucs didn't go to two Super Bowls in defense of Pete. Those that make this argument do not understand the fundamental element that separated these three teams, the Quarterback.

The Bears QB, Jim McManhon couldn't stay healthy after the SuperBowl win. He wasn't that great of a QB ever. He never even had a completion percentage over 60% during his whole tenure. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... MaJi00.htm

Brad Johnson on the Bucs was a career journeyman who peaked in 2002, and then went on to have an illustrious career as a back up, and fringe NFL player after the 2002 season. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... hnBr00.htm

The Ravens had Trent freaking Dilfer as their starting QB. His Super Bowl winning season he threw for 12 TDs and 11 INT, and only 1500 yards. He only stayed on the Ravens for one year and was replaced by Elvis Grbac, a one hit wonder who had a big year, and got paid by the Ravens. When he joined the Ravens he sucked it up: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... baEl00.htm

All three of these teams spent a long time in QB hell. The one year these teams got OKAY QB play they went to the SuperBowl and won it. Furthermore teams such as the Bucs and the Ravens had a bunch of vets that were getting old. We hear about Ed Reed, Lewis and McAlister, but Woodson didn't spent much longer there, neither did Sirigusa, Adams, etc. They lost a ton of their front 7 a year or two after that Super Bowl win, as well as their safety who was pretty old at that point.

The Seahawks by contrast had a young franchise QB in Wilson, who could at least manage the game. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lsRu00.htm

Wilson is miles ahead of any of those QB's and he won a Super Bowl at the beginning of his career. He played better than every single one of those QB's in the year that they won. Furthermore he has been on the Seahawks for 7 years, unlike the Ravens, Bears, and Bucs who were always trying to find a QB that was at least half way competent or not injured all of the time like McMahon. Not only did the Seahawks have a historically good defense, they also had a competent QB and an offense that was miles ahead of those three teams. I don't think you're completely comprehending just how good the 2012-2015 unit was, and how deep most of the units on those teams were.

Pete Carroll brought us glory on one hand, but completely screwed the pooch in the other. Since 2012 he has not drafted well. As such he failed to create depth behind the starters, and replace old, or injured oft inured players. He frittered away first round draft picks for guys that either didn't fit the system or were known locker room cancer. Pete Carroll traded considerable capital for rent-a-players and has passed up fantastic talent for extra 5th round picks and mediocre players. He has failed to control his locker room, and continues to run an offensive scheme that quite frankly looks more like something you would see in pop warner football than it does in the NFL.

You don't keep coaches on the staff based on their past merits. The idea that he should be able to stay here until he retires because he brought us a Super Bowl is an utterly foolish notion. If you're going to give credit for the good you must also look at the bad, which quite frankly there has been more bad than good since 2015. These bad decisions have compounded and created the team we see before us today. The question should "can Pete Carroll bring us another SuperBowl?". The answer to that is a clear no. Thus far he has had more bad drafts than good drafts in his career, and his idea of an offense is a boat anchor on the team. He is holding the Seahawks back right now. You give that 30 million dollar contract to Russ, and keep calling games like you did at Denver, and Chicago and you got a recipe for 7-9 or worse every year.

I'm thankful for what Pete has done, but that was then this is now. I think it is abundantly clear that we need to switch gears and move on while our QB is entering his prime.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
907Hawk":1iob49la said:
:irishdrinkers:
Elemas":1iob49la said:
I don't know. I liked Pete. Loved his energy. I still remember talking smack...we were at the goal line with Marshawn BeastMode Lynch. Imagine that...nickname BeastMode. That just has bad-ass written all over it.

I digress. So there I was sitting at a bar in Anchorage, drunk ooff my ass, yelling "F...You Tom Brady" on every Seahawks drive. I felt my own inner-BeastMode in those moments. Even 17 beers in, I was raging. "F... You Tom Brady".
The Pats fans (90%) of the bar grew restless. I kept thinking, f...k 'em while screaming out "F...You Tom Brady".

The the pass happened. After I shit my pants, I snuck to the bathroom and crawled out the window.

Moral of the story: I've been salty with Pete since.

Moral of the story is you are full of ..it. :irishdrinkers:

Well, he WAS full of it, but then he loaded up his britches and now he hates Pete.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":1ja6l3hz said:
Maelstrom787":1ja6l3hz said:
Probably, yeah. I think Pete needs to go somewhere new and try again, for his own benefit. He does best in new situations.

For us, a coach like Matt LaFleur would be a good option to take over as head coach. I know PA likes to hire big, but I think he's a hot name with a hell of a resume on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see how he does with Mariota this year.

Team John DeFilippo. It's early though, I haven't really started looking around yet. I love LaFleur's lineage. His offense would fit RW like a glove. I question if LaFeur can lead men, and be the head guy. DeFilippo is ready now.

But still early. I will have a better answer later this year.

[youtube]HsY9z4p8cUk[/youtube]
[youtube]xrttJJlKgGk[/youtube]
[youtube]lTYBkDPde5M[/youtube]

Yeah, that's my question with LaFleur too. Isn't really a dominating presence, but I've only seen media interviews from him.

I'll have to watch those Flip videos. Would have been amazing to have Pete concede control of the offense and hire him as OC... but hey, Carroll is set in his ways. Flip definitely has a bright coaching career ahead of him, though. If DeFilippo ends up coming here should Pete leave, him vs. McVay would be great football to watch.

rcaido

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":jh1cauqs said:
rcaido":jh1cauqs said:
hawksincebirth":jh1cauqs said:
rcaido":jh1cauqs said:
Ungrateful fans...Before everyone wanted Thomas gone...Then they wanted Wilson gone....Now this week Carol gone..

We are great fans when we are winning but the most whiniest sore losers if we dont.

Second best record since Wilson arrived. Our draft picks this year looks good. We lost a lot of key players (Avril, Bennet, Sherman, & kam) this year we haven't gotten Baldwin & KJ...Wagner was out last game...Lets wait for the season to end to see if we need to move on.
Yes we should be greatfull for that crap we saw lol ... look at the poll your in the minority.. look at what cowherd said about Seattle today lmao :pukeface:

Dont care if I'm in the minority...people are not in their state of mind after a loss.

Lose 1 game people talk about tanking the season...getting rid of franchise elite qb.

Not really disagreeing with you but you are conflating things. RW is not the problem. He is constantly put in situations to fail. Whether it be a horrendous O-Line (which has really improved this year overall) or calling nothing but 9 routes all game and abandoning a run game that has been working. Pete needs to check his ego. If he can't, there is a problem that isn't going to fix itself.

Still not on the kick Pete to the curb because it looks likes this defense might be something that is notable, which isn't something to overshadow.

We always had a crappy line since Wilson been here. Wilson is one of the best long ball in the league. How many times has he done the big play go home to get us chance to win...Its been working most of the time, check out our record the past 6 years...Right now, not so much but its still early and again we are in a soft reset mode.

Pete clean house last time, guarantee you next year we will be contenders again. As long as we have Wilson and Pete's defense. We have a chance.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rcaido":3crxrc0q said:
seahawkfreak":3crxrc0q said:
rcaido":3crxrc0q said:
hawksincebirth":3crxrc0q said:

We always had a crappy line since Wilson been here. Wilson is one of the best long ball in the league. How many times has he done the big play go home to get us chance to win...Its been working most of the time, check out our record the past 6 years...Right now, not so much but its still early and again we are in a soft reset mode.

Pete clean house last time, guarantee you next year we will be contenders again. As long as we have Wilson and Pete's defense. We have a chance.
Pete is starting to become a liability for both his QB, and his team. His time has come and it has gone.

sdog1981

Reaction score
rcaido":czrdj7kp said:

That is such an ignorant take. So what people are supposed to be excited that only HALF of their house burned down? The point is the house was never supposed to be on fire in the first place. Sloppy Pete cost this team games every year with his poor game day coaching and simple schemes. The 2012 Seahawks should have gone 13-3 and won the Superbowl. The 2013 Seahawks should have gone 19-0 or 18-1 winning the Superbowl and the 2014 Seahawks should not have needed an 8 game winning streak to make it to Superbowl 49. There was a time when the Seahawks were the most talented team in the NFL for 4 seasons and they underperformed.

mrt144

Reaction score
sdog1981":1dd2onnd said:
rcaido":1dd2onnd said:

That is such an ignorant take. So what people are supposed to be excited that only HALF of their house burned down? The point is the house was never supposed to be on fire in the first place. Sloppy Pete cost this team games every year with his poor game day coaching and simple schemes. The 2012 Seahawks should have gone 13-3 and won the Superbowl. The 2013 Seahawks should have gone 19-0 or 18-1 winning the Superbowl and the 2014 Seahawks should not have needed an 8 game winning streak to make it to Superbowl 49. There was a time when the Seahawks were the most talented team in the NFL for 4 seasons and they underperformed.

Okay, Im fed up too but..19-0? Cmon man, they were a team of destiny but 19-0? Whatchya drinking, ill match it.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
rcaido":1j8574op said:
hawksincebirth":1j8574op said:
rcaido":1j8574op said:

How many years of failure from pete must it take .. we’re at 4 straight now ..asking for a friend ?

mrblitz

Reaction score
'power struggle between john and pete' = 'do we listen to the grateful dead, or to the doors?'

seriously, the defense seems ok thus far. very active in making plays on the ball in the air. front 4 should improve with time.

on offense, have pete take a hands off approach and have schotty as a play designer, and russ as actual in-game playcaller. let russ drive.

xray

Reaction score
Yes..I am a year older than Carroll and I am not as good at anything ten years ago except taking naps.

SnapDan

Reaction score
What about JS too? We haven't had a good draft since Scot McLoughlin left...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They just had a good draft, best one in years. Dis, Penny, Dickson, Shaquem, Flowers, Green....all will be big contributors for years on this team. That's a pretty damn good draft.

xray

Reaction score
Yep there is no known cure for dementia :irishdrinkers:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I WANT to say no, but he's not showing any desire to adjust the scheme to his talent pool thus years and years of an ineffective offense (say what you want but the defense was still carrying the offense in the "golden years"). *sigh* again I want to say no, but these first 2 games in what should be a year to start over and build something new look like more of the same. We will know our answer by week 10. If week 10 looks like the team is turning the corner building something new for the next season or two (similar to the Niners with JG last season), let's see where it goes. If it's more and more of the same...definitely a hot seat issue.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22jy4cpz said:
They just had a good draft, best one in years. Dis, Penny, Dickson, Shaquem, Flowers, Green....all will be big contributors for years on this team. That's a pretty damn good draft.

Maybe.

So far this year only Dissly and Dickson have popped. Definitely some potential from the others, but it's too soon to tell if these guys are good, or if our roster is just so depleted these guys have had to become starters before they're ready.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3lxok00u said:
jdruaint":3lxok00u said:
Yes hate to see him draft with a top 5 pick.

They will just trade down and screw themselves out of another star player.

If we have a Top 5 pick, without having a second, it’s almost a guarantee they trade back to get a second round pick. Especially with how deep this DL class is. If they could trade back to say #11 and gain a second round pick, and still manage to get a guy like DE/DT Rashan Gary from Michigan, that’s be amazing. Gary is similar to Michael Bennett.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I only have one reply to this thread:
Tom Coughlin

Run out of town by the Giants despite 2 rings. Game has passed him by, they said. NYG have been a crap show since. Coughlin goes onto be an advisor for the Jags. A crap show of a franchise is suddenly taking down all comers including Brady and the Pats.

This is the hell you are headed for Seahawk fans. Be careful what you wish for. (And I said the same thing about Bevell and only now the light is clicking on for some of you.)

You don't fire good coaches. You don't dump good QB's. Nothing good ever comes of it. The odds of finding superior replacements are stacked astronomically against you.

Latest posts