Let Hass retire a Seahawk

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1pw4lzqy said:
chris98251":1pw4lzqy said:
ImTheScientist":1pw4lzqy said:
Sorry, but I don't agree with letting him retire a hawk. I don't think an average player deserves that honor. I know I'm in the minority but I never liked him. Please do understand this is just my opinion.

Noted, your opinion is greatly appreciated, but In my opinion totally wrong, he raised the bar as a QB for us, he led this team to a Super Bowl, he lead it as a representative to the Local market and fans as well as across the country, he showed tact, Guts and humor.

He led this team into the Russell Wilson Era and Led against the Saints in the most unexpected victory in the playoffs that let us all experience Beast Quake.

He earned it!

I respect your opinion, I disagree, and let me explain why. I feel like that honor should be saved for the truly elite. I understand many love him, I feel like it would be like Bobby Engram asking to retire a hawk. Yea, he was good, but I just can't put him on the same level or standard I feel is needed for that honor.

For me, the bar is set high and Hass isn't really there.

That's why they have a HOF, the ring are for players special to the Seahawks, and Hass was special to us.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to be a bonafide superstar or truly elite to retire with the team you most associate your career with. ROH and having your jersey retired, sure. He might get one of those 2 also, but having him retire a Seahawk is a no brainer IMO.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
chris98251":1t31k1f9 said:
ImTheScientist":1t31k1f9 said:
chris98251":1t31k1f9 said:
ImTheScientist":1t31k1f9 said:
Sorry, but I don't agree with letting him retire a hawk. I don't think an average player deserves that honor. I know I'm in the minority but I never liked him. Please do understand this is just my opinion.

Noted, your opinion is greatly appreciated, but In my opinion totally wrong, he raised the bar as a QB for us, he led this team to a Super Bowl, he lead it as a representative to the Local market and fans as well as across the country, he showed tact, Guts and humor.

He led this team into the Russell Wilson Era and Led against the Saints in the most unexpected victory in the playoffs that let us all experience Beast Quake.

He earned it!

I respect your opinion, I disagree, and let me explain why. I feel like that honor should be saved for the truly elite. I understand many love him, I feel like it would be like Bobby Engram asking to retire a hawk. Yea, he was good, but I just can't put him on the same level or standard I feel is needed for that honor.

For me, the bar is set high and Hass isn't really there.

That's why they have a HOF, the ring are for players special to the Seahawks, and Hass was special to us.

Obviously he wasn't special to all of us...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He may not be Ring Of Honor material either....but he should retire from where he brought us to an Owl. Watching the game last year at Glendale, I was happy in the bar that we were able to see him play on the colts team. It just made our win so much better there. Give him a day here and make him a hawk for a day. We deserve it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He spent the vast majority of his career leading this team and was the QB for the team's first Super Bowl. He deserves to retire a Seahawk if he so wishes.

Heyseed

Reaction score
I like it. :mrgreen:

Hass had to win me over in the beginning...
But I think he needs to be a Seahawk forever.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":odh9le67 said:
He may not be Ring Of Honor material either.....

Maybe not, but Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg are in there... so maybe we set the bar a little low, haha... but if he doesn't get in while those 2 are in there it would kind of be a slight, IMO.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3is40prj said:
Seahawkfan80":3is40prj said:
He may not be Ring Of Honor material either.....

Maybe not, but Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg are in there... so maybe we set the bar a little low, haha... but if he doesn't get in while those 2 are in there it would kind of be a slight, IMO.

I agree....Hass deserves to be in the Ring of Honor. While he was with the team, there was no doubt about this.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":fs7urlj6 said:
You don't have to be a bonafide superstar or truly elite to retire with the team you most associate your career with. ROH and having your jersey retired, sure. He might get one of those 2 also, but having him retire a Seahawk is a no brainer IMO.

BINGO :{)

HawkGA

Reaction score
sc85sis":gsczmdh6 said:
He spent the vast majority of his career leading this team and was the QB for the team's first Super Bowl. He deserves to retire a Seahawk if he so wishes.

Not sure I'd say he spent the vast majority of his career here. His starting career, yes, but he's closing in on about half of his career being in Seattle and the other half being elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck

Laloosh

Reaction score
Put me in the yes column. Make it happen, Houston...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is the only option relating to Hasselbeck. And it will happen whenever he hangs it up IMO.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkGA":k1mmx7h3 said:
sc85sis":k1mmx7h3 said:

Not sure I'd say he spent the vast majority of his career here. His starting career, yes, but he's closing in on about half of his career being in Seattle and the other half being elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck

That's not really relevant though. Who thinks of the years Hasselbeck was a 3rd stringer in Green Bay, and backup in Tennessee (short time starter too) and Indy?

Would be like considering Brett Favre a Falcon or John Elway as a Colt

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seattle - 10
GB - 3
Indy - 2 (3)
Ten - 2

I'd say that qualifies as a vast majority.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b77pem9 said:
chris98251":3b77pem9 said:
Noted, your opinion is greatly appreciated,
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lie?

ImTheScientist":3b77pem9 said:
I disagree, and let me explain why.
Please don't.

Hi Roland....it is just an opinion. If you don't agree with me you can explain why in a polite manner. Just posting "please don't" is rude, and against forum policy. I believe a post was made stating that type of behavior would result in a ban.

Regardless, I did state it wouldn't be a popular POV. Its just the feeling of one poster and I explained in detail why a few posts up. Feel free to read my response and reasoning. Thanks. Go Hawks!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I've only known Hass as a Seahawks, he can retire a Seahawks, doesn't hurt anything or anybody