Let Hass retire a Seahawk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":hqflfipu said:
Hass could still outplay Tjack with his eyes closed.

I saw him play in a preseason game last week. He's still just as slow-footed and his passes just as floaty as we remember. And that was behind a good OL.

One-day contract, for his own safety.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rocket":1ithblqw said:
RolandDeschain":1ithblqw said:
chris98251":1ithblqw said:
Noted, your opinion is greatly appreciated,
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lie?

ImTheScientist":1ithblqw said:
I disagree, and let me explain why.
Please don't.
That's sarcasm... I recognize that.
:th2thumbs:
Nothin' gets by us old guys does it?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Hass aside; a player should be able to retire with the team that they most closely enjoyed being a part--so long as the team is willing. It has nothing to do with being elite or game-breaking, in my opinion. We get to pick our own grave plots and we make them somewhere we can pass the sands of time a little more comfortably. To say one wasn't good enough to be given the honor is either cheap, or just not understanding of the concept. Even someone on death row is awarded a selection of their last meal. Lets look at it as what it actually is and not try and re-define the meaning of retirement.

You want to argue against his credentials to get his name on the walls? Fine, do that instead--but quite honestly, his name is already ALL OVER our history books, like him or not. He WILL raise the pre-game 12th Man Flag at some point and if he's worthy of that (not even an argument) he is 'worthy' of saying he was a still a hawk when it was all said and done. Who is anyone to take that right away from someone who gave what he did of himself to this organization. Not worthy? puke.

rastahawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":zed6ty9o said:
Hass aside; a player should be able to retire with the team that they most closely enjoyed being a part--so long as the team is willing. It has nothing to do with being elite or game-breaking, in my opinion. We get to pick our own grave plots and we make them somewhere we can pass the sands of time a little more comfortably.

For sure. That is kind of my mindset about the issue too. If say Sherman after that amazing year with "The Tip" and Superbowl ring, went on and became a forgotten journeyman CB. Then wanted to retire a Seahawk because he felt it represented the best time of his playing career, then hey if the team is willing why not?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":alh6py6g said:
I'll play the new "don't hurt my feelings or I'm telling.." game. Would love to see him retire as a Hawk. He was here for along time and delivered the most success this franchise had ever experienced (guess I have to say this cause someone will bring it up. Until PC and JS arrived) and brought national attention to a down trodden franchise. Yea, the Hawks sucked for more than a decade and when they didn't suck there was no internet or social media. The only way people outside the PNW got any Hawk coverage was via random newspaper articles or The George Michael Sports Machine at 11:00PM on Sunday nights. Or a rare Monday Night Football matchup that the Hawks almost always seemed to win, but were rarely invited to.

Ring of honor? Probably not. Jim Z and Dave K, yes. I don't think this thought is out of line, hell, we had Warren Moon break most single season passing records for the Hawks and there was no push by the fans for him to retire as a Hawk. We all knew he should retire as an Oiler / Titan. That's where he spent most of his time starting and had his best years.
If you think Jim Zorn deserves ROH then Hass does by far.He got us to the 1st SB so it's a no brainer