Let Hass retire a Seahawk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A no brainer IMHO! Drove me nuts at times, but he helped lead us to our first SB so I think he deserves this if he wants it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":13lvupzs said:
HawkGA":13lvupzs said:
sc85sis":13lvupzs said:
He spent the vast majority of his career leading this team and was the QB for the team's first Super Bowl. He deserves to retire a Seahawk if he so wishes.

Not sure I'd say he spent the vast majority of his career here. His starting career, yes, but he's closing in on about half of his career being in Seattle and the other half being elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck

That's not really relevant though. Who thinks of the years Hasselbeck was a 3rd stringer in Green Bay, and backup in Tennessee (short time starter too) and Indy?

Would be like considering Brett Favre a Falcon or John Elway as a Colt

Or Joe Montana as a Kansas City Chief. (Though he did take KC to a playoff appearance or two and maybe even a playoff win IIRC)

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2laftc97 said:
Seahawkfan80":2laftc97 said:
He may not be Ring Of Honor material either.....

Maybe not, but Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg are in there... so maybe we set the bar a little low, haha... but if he doesn't get in while those 2 are in there it would kind of be a slight, IMO.
And Hass is easily the equal of those two, and both of those two are entirely deserving of the Ring. Sooo... yeah.

chawx

Reaction score
Yes! Hass should retire a Seahawk, no doubt! Best QB we ever had up until Russell... love that guy and the passion to win that he brought to this team! Still have my old #8 jersey....

A

Anonymous

ImTheScientist":25rbkroo said:
RolandDeschain":25rbkroo said:
chris98251":25rbkroo said:
Noted, your opinion is greatly appreciated,
Didn't your mother ever teach you not to lie?

ImTheScientist":25rbkroo said:
I disagree, and let me explain why.
Please don't.

Hi Roland....it is just an opinion. If you don't agree with me you can explain why in a polite manner. Just posting "please don't" is rude, and against forum policy. I believe a post was made stating that type of behavior would result in a ban.

Regardless, I did state it wouldn't be a popular POV. Its just the feeling of one poster and I explained in detail why a few posts up. Feel free to read my response and reasoning. Thanks. Go Hawks!

:thcoffee:

athanas

Reaction score
Without question.
Regardless of where he ended up after leaving Seattle, he'll always be a Seahawk in my eyes.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scientist, retiring as a Seahawk doesnt mean he automatically goes into the ROH.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Those old colors though...

Attachments

• 1324104.jpg
    1324104.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 460

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle will likely only have 2 QBs on the roster, especially if BJ Daniels makes it at WR and Kam returns, giving us two emergency QBs.

If Tjack hits IR at some point and Hass is out there, then absolutely. Otherwise, I don't think we'll see Hass retiring a Hawk with anything more than a 1 day contract.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
kearly":1gtu96op said:
Seattle will likely only have 2 QBs on the roster, especially if BJ Daniels makes it at WR and Kam returns, giving us two emergency QBs.

If Tjack hits IR at some point and Hass is out there, then absolutely. Otherwise, I don't think we'll see Hass retiring a Hawk with anything more than a 1 day contract.

I hope not...we need that coin toss!! :sarcasm_on:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hass could still outplay Tjack with his eyes closed.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2fayg9wa said:
Hass could still outplay Tjack with his eyes closed.

Considering TJ's recent injury sounds like they would have the same mobility. The Hawks.com site says that TJ is ready to return by Game #1.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hass retiring as Seahawks player, sure whatever, why not?

Is anyone cut anyone hurt by it? Doesn't it simply acknowledge he was our starting QB for a quite a while and good enough to take a solid O to the Super Bowl?

ROH? Well, I'd need to think on that a bit.

MVP53

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":q9guu3rm said:
Sorry, but I don't agree with letting him retire a hawk. I don't think an average player deserves that honor. I know I'm in the minority but I never liked him. Please do understand this is just my opinion.

If retiring as a Seahawk is such an elite club, can you name all the players that have done it?

Signing a 1 day contract to ceremoniously retire with a team isn't something that's etched in stone for all to see when they enter the stadium. It's simply a nice gesture to a player who played a big role in the franchise. It would mean a lot to Hass (I assume), most fans would like it, then most people would probably forget it even happened.

So, what's the harm? It's not like you're diluting some elite fraternity.

Latest posts