Malik Turner tender removed, and cut

chris98251

Reaction score
Story should come out after the Blotter report, this don't happen unless you mess up.

sutz

Reaction score
Perhaps mildly surprising, but maybe indicative of a move elsewhere. Doesn't free up a lot of cap, I wouldn't think.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":1yhlw6k0 said:
Perhaps mildly surprising, but maybe indicative of a move elsewhere. Doesn't free up a lot of cap, I wouldn't think.

The fact he was a fence straddler as far as playing time and a special teams gunner who was successful is the reason he was given the tender, Pete's love of a Special teams player doing what he did is alone enough to retain him let alone compete for regular playing time.

Something happened Boykins type of some sort where they are distancing immediately. There were plenty of other cuts that could have been made, the Dorsett acquisition I don't think is the reason, it could have been withdrawn shortly after his signing.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1250171970542432256[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1250173630165614592[/tweet]

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Could be a pending PED/Substance infraction. Generally these tests start coming back end of March or so. Totally speculative -- but timing is coincidental. You often see a small handful of tendered RFA/ERFA players get kicked to the curb this time of year. And often some head scratching FA additions that don't make sense until a looming suspension hits the wire sometime later.

Also could be they just wanted the cap space. Expecting maybe to draft a 5th/6th WR.

It's hard to say. Any reason would be speculation. But one can make educated speculation.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm not against cutting him, but it seems a little out of character for Pete and John. In the past they've focused on increasing competition, not reducing it. They like to have as many quality players at a position as possible during minicamps and training camp. I don't buy the explanation that they want to give him a head start to find a new team. I think trouble is looming.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
At a glance, the way it is worded, it looks like the word 'turd' is in the topic title. But I looked very carefully, and it's not.

Erebus

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":lvmys1fw said:
Also could be they just wanted the cap space. Expecting maybe to draft a 5th/6th WR.

There's no need to cut him now and risk missing out on a WR in the draft. I hope your cap space theory is correct. That would likely mean they're making room for a significant signing, such as Clowney.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, literally right to him in a massively huge game. Don't care how young he is, no excuse for dropping that pass.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2obnt7uz said:
If only he made that catch...
Right there-That catch!Perfect pass and he choked.
I'm so for him being let go.. :2thumbs:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
How does this impact our draft strategy? Seems like we are always trying to outsmart others. My hopes that this leads other teams to believe we will go WR with our first pick which is not in our plans and allow us to draft the OT or DL that we desire without other teams jumping in front.

It could also mean we have new on Josh Gordon coming soon.

If no Gordon I guess I like this since it means we are likely to invest a pick in WR and the WR depth is pretty good in the draft this year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks doing right by a player, for all intensive purposes, would have an uphill road in gaining playing time or making the team. This gives him the freedom to go to a team where his chance to play may be better.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Has he been actually cut? If so he messed up, if not, then why would he need too be cut? He'd just be a UFA.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JAG, who has some quicks but little raw speed and is potentially a slot WR. I suspect he's just a camp body.

xray

Reaction score
A gentle removal might be back